- Around 8 years of software industry experience as Quality Assurance Engineer, QA/Test Analyst. Specialized in Automation and Manual testing. Actively working in Scrum Agile. Experienced in designing test frameworks and procedures. Experienced in API, Back End and UI testing through various industry accepted tools.
- Around 8 years of IT experience and specialization in Software Development, Manual & Automation Testing, which includes all phases of Software life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, development, testing, defect tracking, extensive experience in testing web and API.
- User - level test automation with Selenium WebDriver, Selenium-RC server, TestNg, Firebug, using Page object model, Jenkins integrated with Maven for Build and scheduling.
- Eclipse, Ready API and development of automation test framework. Experience on SOAP and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Experience in testing SOAP/REST Web services using Ready API, Groovy, and REST API’s using Postman, and RESTAssured Framework using Java along with different Maven dependencies.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile Platform such as IOS and Android devices.
- Monitoring the team for implementation of test automation framework for mobile testing using Appium.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of details, accuracy and informative recreation steps using Quality Centre, JIRA and BugZilla.
- Page Object Model and Hybrid Frameworks with Modular driven and Data driven frameworks with Selenium web driver, TestNg, Selenium Grid for cross browser, cross platform and parallel testing.
- Proficient in testing native apps on iOS and Android devices using Appium.
- Proficient in analyzing test plans, creating test cases, and designing test strategies.
- Skilled in Agile model software development life cycle methodologies.
- Experience in cross platform testing in Solaris, HP UNIX, Linux, Windows, (NT/NT2000/XP)
- Experience in BDD using cucumber and TDD using TestNG
- Automated/Tested Hybrid app, Native app, for mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices.
- Proficiency with algorithms and data structures.
- High standards of excellence and attention to detail.
- Expertise in accessing the log files and error files in server using UNIX/LINUX commands through Putty.
- Consistently delivers projects on schedule and meets customers' requirements.
- Software QA tester with full software development lifecycle experience (SDLC), including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes in Mortgage, Investment Banking, Finance and E-Commerce domain
- Well experienced of SOAP Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) and Restful services.
- Proficient in different types of testing on AUT like GUI regression, negative, black box, functional, system, back-end, smoke testing.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Appium, Soap UI, Postman, Cucumber, Protractor
Database and Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, TOAD, MS Access and MySQL
Languages: JAVA, SQL, JS, Groovy, XML, HTML
Tools and Servers: Eclipse, SVN, Github, Jenkins
Web Services: SOAP, RESTful services
Browsers: Internet explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating System: Windows, Mac, Unix, IOS, Android
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Works closely with Development, QA and Business groups to understand their testing needs for various phases of testing Unit, functional, Integration, UAT, regression, performance, etc.
- Created Page Object Model (POM) framework using Selenium web driver to automate application.
- Develops and executes test cases based on System Design documents, and other available documentation.
- Created Java automation scripts for Opportunity, Contact, and Lead module for application modules
- Performed RESTFUL functional web services testing.
- Validated and created Test Suites using SOAP API for validating SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services
- Involved in the testing and automation of the REST web services related to the application
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Initiated the idea of POM framework for the system for automated tests management and comprehensive reporting
- Performed cross browser and cross platform testing for SFDC application modules using Selenium GRID.
- Responsible in research and building automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG. The framework is designed to run tests on multiple browsers
- Developed GUI mobile automation testing framework for Android with Appium
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Used RDBMS to perform database testing.
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java/TestNG
- Used TestNG for writing unit test cases and executing them as a test suite.
- Extensively worked with DOM and locating a web element using Id, CSS selector and XPath.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for executing automated tests.
- Configured and monitored automation jobs using Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis, defect logging and bug tracking using JIRA.
- Provides cross training of application/technical knowledge to other individuals within the QA and business organizations
- Used GIT version control system for source code maintenance.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution
Confidential, Redwood city, CA
Sr. Quality Engineer
- Created automation framework using Selenium webdriver with Java. Developed Page object model framework and integrated with TestNg, Git, Jenkins and Maven.
- As an automation engineer, I was involved in Planning, Estimating, Designing, Developing and Executing Test cases for Automation Testing.
- Assisted in writing the Test Strategy to be used for functional, regression, integration, and end to end testing.
- Conducted reviews of test plans and cases, building consensus with developers and project owners.
- Responsible for validating the middle-ware web services using postman and automated the scripts for effective testing. Developed API test scripts from scratch using Java REST Assured framework for API validations.
- Used different assertions and test strategies of Rest Assured to execute API testing.
- Developed and maintained a comprehensive test automation framework which was built to reduce repetitive manual testing using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver, and TestNg.
- Identify and document the significant New Integration features and software components that will require testing.
- Developed and executed the Responsive Web design test cases for different browsers
- Automated Angular Js pages using protractor with Jasmine framework.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Reviewed test Documentations i.e., Test Data, Test Results/Output, Test scripts, Generated Reports including Test Execution, Test Coverage Reports, documented and Communicated test results on daily basis.
- Responsible for preparing the weekly status reports indicating test execution progress.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Created test plans based on design documentation, standards and guidelines that included functional testing, load testing, performance and regression testing of the mobile application.
- Involved in implementing the framework, developing automation scripts for the new User stories and maintain and run the Regression Scripts.
- Built test automation solutions in agile environment: Pre-Commit validation, Post Commit Pipeline; Auto deployments.
- Experience in developing Test cases and managing projects from Business Requirements in JIRA.
- Designed Analytics testing for Native apps using Selenium/Cucumber/Appium.
- Created Automation Scripts and framework for iOS and Android Mobiles applications using Appium.
- Extensively worked on mobile app automation (iOS and Android) using Appium and Selenium using Android SDK.
- Instrumental in development and implementation of Modular Driven framework for Test Automation from scratch which utilizes TestNG reporting in Selenium Webdriver using Java programming.
- Developed GUI mobile automation testing framework, iOS and Android with Appium, Selenium, and Modular Driven framework.
- Performed both manual and automation for the mobile app on Android 6.0 version (API 23) tablets using Android SDKs and Appium Server.
- Provided technical support for Agile Scrum Sprint Cycles.
- Used Appium as a server for mobile application Automation testing.
- Used Github and Maven as automation scripts integration tools and Jenkins as CI tool.
- Created test documentations i.e., Issue log, Automation Script Execution Document, Automation Library & Storage.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Tracked, identified, logged bugs using Jira, and worked closely with Developers to troubleshoot and fix the issues.
- Created and executed automation testing of REST API using Java with REST-Assured.
- Wrote queries in SQL, developed and executed them to modify /analyze data from the Oracle database and compared it with results from web service response. Checked data integrity and consistency.
- Involved in Automation Frame work design and Generated manual test cases and Automation Scripts to test the functionality of the application using Selenium.
- Involved in all aspects of QA process including developing and writing test plans, scripts, execute tests and reporting results.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java, Eclipse, GIT, MySQL, TestNG, Webservices - REST, Android, iOS, Appium, Jira, Jenkins.
Software Systems Engineer
- Designed, developed and implemented the application as a team member
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding and Development of UI Screens
- Worked with MVC based web application
- Testing the module, fixing the bugs
- Dealt with java Beans helper classes and servlets for interacting with the UI
- Dealt with the database operations e.g., Calling stored procedures and stored functions
- Involved in planning & perform testing, verification & validation, and quality assurance of the application
- Involved in analyzing the Functional Specifications and Software Requirement Specifications
- Conducted Black box, Regression, Negative, Functional, Compatibility and Integration testing using Selenium
- Involved in arriving at the Test Estimates, Test Planning and Test Strategies planning of Test Preparation and Execution.
- Created scripts (SQL, Java,) to augment manual testing, and match database fields against expected results.
- Developed test plans, test cases for different modules of project.
- Responsible for debugging and resolving daily tickets
- Involved in Requirement analysis, Design, Coding and testing of the application
- Develop, implement and maintain application software working with established processes. Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Prepared Functional and technical documentation for the project
- Implemented the business modules using Core Java
- Proactively communicate with business community on development status and Escalations.
- Coordinate the implementation of web application consumed by partners. Providing production support
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed.
- Involved in planning and performing testing, verification and validation, and quality assurance of the application
- Prepared JUnit tests to have test coverage at unit level with a supplement set of automated API tests
- Worked with international cross-functional teams in an Agile software development environment
- Performed SQL query executions in Database as a part of Backend Data Verifications