- Around 8 Years of professional experience as a QA Automation Tester and SDET specializing in testing enterprise - wide Web, Mobile, API applications in different domains including Healthcare, Banking, Insurance and Retail.
- Extensive experience in Requirements gathering, Functional and Technical Specifications, Business Analysis, QA, documentation, Test plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Integration, Regression and performance testing.
- Experience of working extensively in Agile Testing Environment (Agile /scrum model) and good expertise in attending Scrum calls, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, IDE, RC, Junit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins tools.
- Implemented Keyword, Data Driven framework, Hybrid framework, and advanced Framework Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Maven Build Tool is used to perform compiling of class, setting up Selenium2.0, download Java Client Libraries, create project, creating pom.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Using Jenkins achieved Continues Integration and continues Delivery, performed Background jobs and analyzed the pass or failed criteria in QA Environment.
- Git and GitHub tools for maintaining the version controlling. Also integrated with Jenkins to run the latest version of code in the background.
- Local repository and central repository maintained using Push, Pull, and Clone commands maintained the code files.
- Well versed with Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Black box Testing, Performance and System Testing.
- Experience in creation and execution of Test plans, Test Script and Test Cases for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Experience in developing automation scripts in object-oriented programming languages Java and using IDE tools like Eclipse and unit testing frameworks like JUNIT and TestNG.
- Experience in configuring test suites, cross browsers, includes, excludes, methods etc. in TestNG xml.
- Experience in creating page objects by using Page Object Model, developed reusable library functions in java, Automated restful services using selenium by using HTTP client.
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and good experience in jQuery, Java script.
- Experience in using version control tools like Sub Version, Git, GitHub.
- Worked very closely with the Devops team in Agile methodology for deploying and building the Automation Scripts in Continuous integration (CI)using Jenkins.
- Experience in using Spying tools like Firebug for Firefox, developer tools in IE and Chrome, locating web elements using ID, XPath, and CSS etc.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Using SOAP UI Tool performed cross-platform Functional Testing involving XML messages, constructing different field values, data and validating HTTP Request and HTTP Response.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, Xpath, XQuery.
- Expertise in Mobile Application testing using Appium.
- Generated reports using extent reports after testing mobile applications to analyze the pass percentages and failed cases.
- Validated the data from the source systems and different databases, by sending the requests Using Soap UI, Ready API and Rest web services then captured the response from them.
- Extensively used Quality Center for specifying requirements, updating Test Cases, application testing status reporting, maintaining Test scripts and observing traceability.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Expert in developing complex SQL Queries, with various kinds of joins.
- Experience in using the Test management and Defect Tracking tools like HP Quality center, Application Lifecycle Management, Rally, Jira.
- Updated skills with Mobile Web Automation Framework Angular JS in Jasmine, Protractor using this testing the AJAX components.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a QA/Project team, as required by the project. Able to effectively and cooperatively interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Possess problem-solving skills, ability to follow industry standards and procedures. Quickly master new concepts and applications. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Selenium: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JUNIT/TestNG, Apache POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Log4j, Maven/ANT, SVN/Git Hub, Jenkins, Protractor, AngularJS.
Mobile: Appium, Android/IOS.
Frameworks: BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid, Keyword, Page Object Model.
Web Services/API: SOAP, Restful, SOAPUI/ReadyAPI, Rest Assured
Bug Tracking Tools: HP QC/ALM, Rally, Jira
Databases: Oracle, SQL/PLSQL, MYSQL
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Interacted with Product Owner, Customers and Project team members in analyzing the User stories and acceptance criteria.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, and Preparation of test cases based on Product Backlog.
- Developed BDD/ATDD Automation framework using Cucumber and developed Features, Scenarios, Step definitions.
- Developed Hybrid Framework, added global and application level reusable libraries, developed a driver script and created a package for all the Page objects using Page object model.
- Designed, developed, and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to- end Testing.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Executed the automation suite of scripts by using continuous integration tools like Jenkins and worked on the Maven build tool and added all the dependencies.
- Performed testing on the web services API’s using protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP and WSDL using SoapUI related with various interfaces
- Automated Web services/API’s by using java and HTTP Client
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA and communicated the same with the developers and managers.
- Performed Data Driven testing by getting the data from Excel and used SQL Queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL.
- Attended Bug triage meetings and meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
- Trained the team members in using the framework and help them to write java code while developing the reusable libraries.
- Test levels: Functional testing Integration testing, System testing, Interface testing, Security testing, User Acceptance testing and Automation testing.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, ReadyAPI/SoapUI pro, XML, Eclipse, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, AngularJS, Protractor, Jasmine, Java Script, SOAP, HTML, Android, Cucumber, Gherkin, Git, Groovy Script.
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Involved in complex test cases dealing with Business rules, under writing issues and validations.
- Involved in test cases related to quote screens and rating behavior.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interacted with developers for changes in requirements if any.
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Involved in writing Unit and Regression Test cases for the Product.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG. Involved in automation testing using Java and selenium.
- Extensively used cucumber and feature files for implementing the BDD framework.
- Worked on developing Java code for automation process.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in java. Developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using SQL Server.
- Prepared manual test cases for service appointment creation, modification and deletion.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in Jira.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed all test assignments to ensure the application meets business requirements and client expectations.
- Summarize test results in formula test analysis reports according to the documentation standards.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, SQL, Apache POI, Maven, Log4j, JDBC, Eclipse, Web Services, SOAP UI, Restful, SOAPUI, iPhone, iPad, Android, HTML, CSS, JIRA, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, Developer, Windows
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Design analyze and performed Integration and wrote System requirements on different leading health care software’s.
- Writing Test Plans/Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Matrix. Followed the Agile methodology for the entire SDLC
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing and End to End Testing
- Developed Keyword driven framework using QTP and automated various regression scenarios using VB Script, developed reusable functions and wrote Descriptive programming
- Migrated few test scripts written in QTP to Selenium to achieve the cross-browser testing
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and Junit for grouping the tests.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance for developer perspectives.
- Involved in writing and executing test cases using MQC based on the requirements.
- Performed Back-End testing using SQL Query.
- Developed design Specification Writing Test reports and documenting Test results
- Identified customer requirements besides reviewing test plans and documented the development of these plans
- Developed automation test scripts for performing regression testing on the application using Quick Test Pro
- Conducted interviews and workshops for soliciting customer requirements
- Performed Test execution and wrote and executed Test scenarios /Test Scripts
- Manage the Requirements (Business as well as System requirements), performed requirements analysis along with the creation of Test Scenarios.
- Worked with the development team to make sure that they understood the user requirements and that the system developed met those requirements.
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status and Deadlines/Milestones.
Environment: Java, Healthcare, Claims, SQL, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, VB Script, Junit, Quality Center
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed test plans and test cases within a Waterfall Methodology after carefully analyzing FRD and BRD.
- Executed all test cases in different phases of testing like GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Sanity and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to trace test cases to functional requirements.
- Conducted GUI testing to check for appearance and functionality of the application.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SoapUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Validated the response data by sending the SOAP Request against the database data
- Performed Back-end Testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate the inserted and updated data.
- Worked on windows at client PC and UNIX environment in Test and UAT environment.
- Worked during weekend during Production Implementation to perform Sanity Test, Shakeout testing by doing testing in production environment during User Shakeout process.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Logs and Exception Documents. Interacting with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the software.
- Identified the test cases and documented using Quality Center.
- Involved in defect review meetings with developers to discuss on critical issues.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using HP Quality Center
- Involved in back end testing for validate the back-end data and compare the front-end data and executed SQL queries.
- Prepared the test data for positive and negative testing for executing the test cases.
- Prepared Test Summary Reports, Bug Reports on weekly basis.
- Performed extensive end to end manual testing.
- Identify the Test Scenarios, developed and reviewed test cases as per the requirements.
- Participated in daily calls with business users, developers and weekly status meetings.
- Modified and maintained test cases with changes in application interface and navigation flow for further releases.
Environment: HP Quality Center 9.0, SQL Developer, JDK 1.5, WebLogic Application Server 10.3, Restful and SOAP Web Services, XML, ESB, Schema, SOA, WSDL, Oracle 11g, SQL, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Putty, SSO, Site Minder Web Agent 6.0.
Software Engineer (Java Developer)
- Involved in adding enhancement to the application according new business rules.
- Involved in gathering the requirements.
- Involved in designing web application using Java, JSP and servlets.
- Connect and retrieve data from the database and feed the client application.
- Receive data from the client application, validate business rules and update the DB.
- Worked on spring and hibernate frameworks for achieving MVC.
- Communicate with the service to retrieved and show data to the user.
- Send data to the service so it can be validated and saved to the database.
- Used html and CSS for developing the UI screens and Java script for browser behavior.
- Involved in Daily meetings and status calls.
- Worked on all layers of the application including front-end designing, business and data layers.
- Worked with CSV, excel files for reporting and data administration of several utilities and modules.
- Involved in entire SDLC Lifecycle of all project from analysis to implementation.
- Involved in development of web services and involved in Unit Testing.
- Involved in manual testing of the application and tracking the bugs.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, and data collection
- Worked on SQL queries and DB issues in business sense and performance issues.
- Involved in all stages of projects including defect fixing and performance issue resolving.
- Coordinating with teams that are present in remote locations.
Environment: s: Java/J2EE, Java script, html, servlet, JSP, Oracle, subversion, HP Quality Center, MS Excel.