- Over 8 years of Total IT experience in Quality Assurance in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, and Database testing on Web based application and Client/Server based applications.
- Experienced working in Insurance, Health and Banking domains.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model and Waterfall.
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and hands on experience in creating task for Confidential in Rally and attended Confidential Planning, Scrums, Confidential Review meetings.
- Experience in developing the Automation framework using Core java programming using OOPS concepts, Selenium, Java, Junit/TestNG, Eclipse, Maven.
- Expertise in both manual and automation testing of Web services SOAP and Restful.
- Designed and developed Automation Frameworks like Keyword Driven, Hybrid driven and BDD/TDD.
- Experience in design and development of BDD framework from the scratch by writing Gherkin Features - Scenarios using Specflow and Cucumber.
- Experience in building Continuous Integration/Delivery automation solutions for each product/project via Jenkins.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs.
- Good amount of knowledge in mobile testing using Appium with java and also with Protractor, Jasmine which is used for testing AngularJS application.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Experience in working with Test Management/Bug Tracking tools like HP ALM/Quality Center/Rally/JIRA, to track test execution progress and prioritize bug fixes.
- Worked on SQL Server database by writing different kinds of queries like Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Tables, Functions, Exception Handling in order to perform valid operations.
- Knowledge on networking protocols (TCP/P Protocol suite) such as TCP, UDP, FTP, SSL and HTTP.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, SQL *PLUS, PLSQL stored procedures for databases like Oracle, MySQL, DB2 on UNIX as well as Windows platforms.
- Worked on all level & type of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Unit, Integration, System, Acceptance, Retesting, Regression, Ad-Hoc, Black-Box, White-Box Testing, Grey-Box Testing, Verification, Validation, Functional testing.
- Testing experience on ETL process for various data loading scenarios.
- Knowledge in creating ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the ETL process based on mapping document.
- Proficient performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers, Firefox, Safari 3x.
- Good Analytical and Communication Skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team. Ability to work under competing deadlines.
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Java script
Frontend Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, AngularJS, Twitter Bootstrap
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, T-SQL, LINQ to SQL
Automation Tools and Languages: Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Grid, RC, Nunit, MSTest, Coded UI, ETL SpecFlow, Groovy Scripting, Gherkin (Cucumber), QTP, Clear Quest, Appium, C#, Java.
Web Services & Database Testing Tools: SOAPUI (SOAP, REST), Ready API, Rest Client (Firefox add on)SQL Server, Postman, Rest Assured.
Automation Frameworks: BDD/ATDD, TDD, Data Driven, Keyword, Hybrid driven
Project Management / Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally(Central Agile), HP Quality Center (ALM),Bugzilla
Methodologies: OOAD, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and V-Model
IDE: Visual Studios, Eclipse, Rational Rose, UML.
Version Controller: Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub, SVN
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SDET/Automation Engineer (Selenium, Java)
- Responsible for going through the User Stories and creating Test Cases based on the mock up’s provided in User Stories.
- Involved in documenting the Test Plan, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and defect reports.
- Creating test scripts using Java and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Designed and developed BDD/TDD/ATDD framework by using the Cucumber and added Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions.
- Written various Features, Scenarios, and Scenario Outline with Examples, Dynamic Tables and Hooks in Gherkin language for developing BDD framework.
- Created, implemented and maintained Page Objects (POM) for each Webpage.
- Involved in Hybrid Test framework to achieve Regression Testing and developed packages for the Driver scripts, Page Objects, Reusable Libraries, HTML reports and Log files.
- Performed Data Driven Testing (DDT) using Scenario outline and Examples.
- Implemented logic to read data from the Excel to achieve functional testing with different data.
- Performed mouse actions using Selenium Actions API. Implemented web element locators using Selenium WebDriver - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
- Documented all the scenarios of the test cases.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and delivery in order to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Involved in testing the Web Services like SOAP by using a tool SOAPUI.
- Created Project, TestSuites, Test Cases and Test Steps in SOAP UI Tools and Validated the Response XML file.
- Inserted Assertions like XPATH to validate the data against the database data in the response XML.
- Used different kinds of Assertions and Attributes for validating the test cases.
- Responsible for writing the SQL Queries using Joins, Stored Procedure to retrieve the data.
- Automated Hybrid Mobile app by using Appium and Selenium.
- Updating the test plan document for every Confidential meeting.
- Logging the bugs which are found during Manual Testing and Automation Testing the Suit.
- Developed SQL queries to validate the data integrity of the database.
- Performed parallel execution of test cases using Selenium Grid.
- Written different kinds of SQL queries like creation, updates, inserts, deletion, joins etc, to perform Backend testing of the application for validating the data that comes from Frontend.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, JIRA, Page Object Model (POM), Gherkin (Cucumber), Jenkins, Git, GitHUB, Protractor, Jasmine, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer HTML5, CSS3, Excel.,
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Automation Engineer in Test (Java)
- Heavy influence in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) using agile methodologies and waterfall methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, and Security testing.
- Planned, created and implemented test cases for highly complex API Webservices.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation test scripts with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Maven with TestNG prior to release for regression and functional test cases.
- Experience with TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite for parallel tests.
- Extensively used Page Objects Design pattern and Data Driven Framework in the project using Java, Selenium, Maven, and TestNG.
- Wrote automated scripts for Angular JS application using Protractor and Java scripts
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience with back-end database testing using SQL queries to validate complex content-including Inner Joins, Outer Joins, unions etc.
- Involved in Functional and Integration testing of Mobile App using IOS and Android devices.
- Created automation test scripts using Appium mobile automation tool.
- Expertise in development of test cases, scenarios and strategies for mobile testing.
- Thorough experience in Defect Life Cycle by Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using JIRA.
- Coordinated with various team for handling defects calls and resolving the testing and bug issues.
- Experienced in using Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Heavy player in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to make and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Functional experience using Postman to manually run API Tests and also verify Webservices.
- Good analytical and communication skills and proven ability to work solely independently with little to none supervision and perform as proven player of a team.
- Speaks clear and concise English and able to work fluidly in a problem-solving environment.
- Tested the Amazon E-Commerce WEB application
- Created test plans for all assigned modules using Python.
- Conducted Functional Testing for modules such as Shopping Cart, Payment, Shipping, and Searches.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/Web Driver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle.
QA Analyst (Manual & Automation)
- Elicited requirements from business to determine functional specifications leading to concrete implementation requirements.
- Served as a liaison between business, application team and technical team.
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Used Keyword driven, Page Object Model, Data Driven using CSV , CSS Selectors as a part of Framework .
- Helped Automation engineers in writing the code and solved technical issues.
- Experience in parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver .
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) project methodology.
- Perform Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE.
- Test the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI.
- Served as functional SME for DB2 migration project providing recommendations for improvement and technical expertise alongside project life cycle resulting in the delivery of projects on time.
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, Select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, By with different Locators(xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Supported production install and served as point person for project issues in the capacity of a Lead Analyst.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Confluence, Rest Client, Selenium WebDriver, DB2, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel.AS, JQuery, ASP.NET AJAX
Confidential, New York, NY
Software Engineer (Automation Tester)
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging. SADF.
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Designed Hybrid framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
- Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
- Performed Regression Testing as part of every build.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Responsible for writing automated test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Involved in pilot project for automation using Selenium IDE/RC.
- Implemented Selenium using TestNG frame work with Java.
Environment: Quality Center, BDD, Windows, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), TestNG, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Performance testing.
- Used Agile Methodology in the project for developing the application.
- Developed the application using fronted technologies like HTML, CSS, Java Script, and JQuery.
- Used Java as programming language for development of the code.
- Implemented 3-tier architecture design pattern.
- Worked on Eclipse IDE to write the code and integrate the application.
- Performed TDD (Test Driven Development) for initially failing automated test case.
- Used Oracle as backend data base for connecting the application to perform operations.
- Used JUnit for unit testing in order to validate and run the tests.
- Worked with GitHub as version control tool to pull the code.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, JUnit, Eclipse, Agile, TDD, HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, GitHub, JDBC, Oracle, Tomcat, Windows.