- QA Manager / Lead with 12 years of strong QA Automation focus involving cross browsers/platforms and mobile platforms, hands - on experience in executing numerous successful QA delivery for software development projects, possessing a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, highly analytical, ability to think out of the box, advanced problem solving skills, calculated risk taking, multi-tasking, initiating improvements and taking charge of responsibilities and ability to work well under pressure. Proven ability to orchestrate well managed and on time and on budget projects, build, train and manage QA teams in offshore/nearshore/onshore model.
- Building a scalable, efficient and highly dependable and motivated QA Team using the latest in QA technology and ultimately earning the trust and mutual respect within the team leading to successful QA deliveries.
- Undertaking responsibility for managing multiple quality assurance projects running in parallel across the organization catering the need of Product commitments, Professional and Managed Services.
- Defining and setting up the QA processes, thinking and applying out of the box and thereby extending the QA capability to become the best in the industry.
- Executing excellent organizational and management skills in managing multiple test teams distributed across offshore, nearshore and onsite in getting the test plan executed with a zero defect deployment goal.
- Demonstrate ability to define QA best practices achieving strategic business objectives.
- Analysis of complex system flows and collaborating with project stakeholders to understand functional requirement and provide complete functional coverage.
- Optimum utilizing of QA automation and manual automation techniques with a goal of conducting 100% regression via automated testing.
- Managing business objectives, setting clear individual and team goals, motivating and empowering team members and performing team appraisals.
- SDLC Process
- Data Mapping and Conversion
- Customer Relationships
- Waterfall Model
- Technical/Product Support
- Development Environments
- Iterative Model
- Think out of the box
- Agile Model
- Hardware/Software Tool Design
- Microsoft Windows (NT, 98, 00, XP, 03, Vista, 07, 10)
- Selenium WebDriver / Grid 2
- Web Services
- HP QuickTest Professional (QTP)
- Unix/Linux/Shell Scripting
- HP Quality Center (TestDirector)
- Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver 2.0 & Grid 2/3
- Compuware TestPartner
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Enterprise Project Manager
- Toad / SQL Navigator
- Microsoft Project
- CaliberRM / Optimal Trace
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Providing hands-on / QA Management (70/30) for building a dynamic QA Team and built a dependable QA process to work within an Agile with SCRUM model.
- Acting as a QA architect for building Manual and Automated frameworks for executing
- Joined BR as a first QA resource and developed a QA process from scratch, set up QA tools (manual and automation)
- Recruited 4 new QA Engineers and providing them with suitable hands-on and documentation on 30+ BR Apps, tools and overall QA processes.
- Continually involved in defining and administering QA refinement activities involving creating QA custom dashboard on JIRA for better delivery visibility, conducting weekly bug triage calls involving Development and Product, QA environment improvements.
- Worked on achieving zero defect QA process thru’ designing product document improvement strategies, better code delivery from Developers, designing robust QA regression suite and involving QA automation wherever possible.
- Researched various popular Test Management tools, selected and Implemented TestLink for Test Management.
- Initiated SCRUM improvement initiatives such as conducting weekly SCRUM Swat calls, bug bash calls and implemented many JIRA process flow improvements for all in SCRUM.
- Custom designed QA automation framework utilizing Selenium WebDriver 2.0/3.0 with TestNG and completed automation scripts for smoke testing 19 different web applications both internal and customer facing to run on 7 different browsers.
- Worked on reducing maintenance, increasing execution speed and delivering better reporting capabilities of Selenium framework by utilizing parallel execution to cut execution time, TestNG custom reports, ANT builds, Maven, etc.
- Implemented QA continuous integration by designing Jenkins jobs that trigger automated scripts via on-demand, on daily auto-schedule and during new builds.
- Designed API test automation framework from scratch for testing of REST webservices using Rest-Assured API
- Designed and implemented automated Database testing on Postgress by using JDBC API.
- Conducting QA estimates and detailed planning for multiple development project and providing documentation / prompt and thorough reports for optimum visibility throughout the organization.
- Currently, working on designing performance test framework using Jmeter for testing upcoming projects involving direct customer facing web projects.
Tools: Windows 10, MAC, Eclipse Mars, GitHub, Jenkins, Kibana, Selenium 2.0/3.0 WebDriver, Grid 2, Selenium IDE, Java 1.8, Junit, TestNG, WordPress, Angular / Node JS, Intacct, Salesforce, Postgress, Tableau, SendGrid, TWILIO, JIRA, Confluence, Rest-Assured API, Postman API client, Jersey-client, TestLink.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Provided complete QA support and executed QA tasks in an Agile with SCRUM development model
- Managed offshore and onsite team strength of 10.
- Custom designed comprehensive test plans and test strategies suitable for projects within deadlines and budget.
- Influenced and instituted several tactical process improvements like functional walkthroughs, integration testing and reconfiguration of JIRA boards to improve productivity, transparency, traceability and quality.
- Documented end-to-end testing on mobile (native App and mobile web) and desktop sites.
- Worked closely with cross-functional team of web analysts, performance engineers and QA Team to monitor, maintain and improve a member portal website, mobile store and customer center application.
- Designed a robust QA Automation architecture using Selenium WebDriver 2.0 along with Grid 2 utilizing TestNG with Page Object Model (POM) framework.
- Worked with release team to configured jobs on Jenkins build server for continuous integration and for on-demand regression testing via Jenkins.
- Acted a go-to resource for entire QA Team for technical and tactical direction.
- Provided QA support and designed custom on-boarding programs for new offshore /onshore QA team members.
Tools: Windows 7, MAC, Agile with SCRUM, Eclipse, Selenium 2.0 WebDriver, Grid 2, Selenium IDE, Java, SQL Navigator, Oracle, Batch Jobs, JIRA, QMETRY, REST, JSON, WSDL, Jenkins, Autosys, Soap UI
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Built and mentored a new QA team involving 3 nearshore Engineers from Bolivia and 1 QA Analyst from Costa Rica.
- Developed test strategies and wrote comprehensive test plans after thoroughly reviewing business requirement documents.
- Laid out project and portions encompassing the entire SDLC (Business docs, development tasks and test assets) for modular iterative sprints within VersionOne. Helped various project teams as their JIRA administrator.
- Recruited new automation engineers, constantly involved in QA team in bringing upto speed with understanding and familiarizing with the automation architecture.
- Prepared custom test strategies for Smoke tests, acceptance tests and regression tests for functional verifications.
- Managed test environments by requesting on-demand builds for QA verification on Desktop and Mobile applications.
- Interfaced with cross functional team members and key stakeholders, prepared detailed test effort estimates and provided prompt statuses for my teams keeping in mind project goals and its successful implementation from QA perspective by being Agile via SCRUM framework of ceremonies and sprints.
- Created keyword driven automation framework using Selenium 2.0 WebDriver API on a JUNIT framework built / executed on Eclipse using Java. The automation project is structured in 4 Phases - 1. Smoke test suite, 2. Regression test Suite, 3. Continuous Test integration (automated build verifications) and 4. Grid 2
- Coded custom automation reports - 1. Executive dashboard report and 2. Detailed report with test steps and screenshots. Reports were sent automatically via email and uploaded on sharedrive.
- Designed and executed continual improvement on automation architecture via enhancements such as Firefox profiling, batch execution through command prompt or using an executable, fixes for memory leaks, repeatable modular object oriented approach, method reusability by low skilled QA engineers, intuitive and informative reporting
- Prepared regular reports on research and analysis, test estimates, test strategy, test status for executive and upper-management, conducted performance review, approved timesheets and standardized QA processes.
Tools: Windows XP, Agile with SCRUM, Eclipse, Selenium 2.0 WebDriver, Selenium IDE, PHP, MySql workbench, Sharepoint, VersionOne, REST, JSON, QuickBuild, Java, Fiddler, Firebug, FirePath, Citrix.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Developed standards and processes for automation permitting the creation of prioritized, readable, uniform scripts with repeatable results.
- Provided automation progress, new feature updates and future enhancements during daily SCRUM stand-ups.
- Created, specified, managed, and maintained the development of test architectures, frameworks (hybrid, data, and keyword driven), custom-class based VBScript libraries, and scripts to minimize coding time by implementing reusable class based code framework, common data structures, and common interface requirements. This shortened the automation development cycle, led to measurable benefits reducing regression test time, increasing script reliability, and consistency.
- Monitored the quality of the automation work product according to established standards and practices to ensure tests worked as the analyst(s) intended.
- Script were performance enhanced, made 100% reliable, zero synchronization issues, highly adaptable with negligible modifications in response to application changes, highly documented coding for ease of readability and maintenance.
- Interviewed and helped in hiring well qualified, motivated automation engineers, re-energizing and stopping attrition of automation team members, quickly turning it into a high performing, and motivated team.
- Wrote new scripts and automated test result reporting mechanism to the deployment team, concerned development teams and other stake holders of the SCRUM group.
- Prepared analysis reports on effectiveness of test strategies toward overall product health. Modular, metered script monitoring was executed and forwarded to management.
- Numerous automation configurations and set-ups were conducted involving - execution on Virtual Machines (VMs), Remote access for automation test assets, QTP tool, QC and report collection.
- Researched, defined and documented Test Framework Guideline Document as internal QA Wiki.
- Performed manual testing and documented defects along with error logs from application servers using Linux through F-Secure SSH tunnel and Terminal.
- Conducted off hours Production/Patch deployment support by executing automated and manual tests on individual and load balanced application servers.
- Wrote scripts involving complex and hard to automated UI objects using html-XML DOM, Descriptive Programming.
- Conducted Web Services (WSDL) testing using QTP by utilizing QTP’s Web Services Add-in. Also conducted various tasks such as; Reading and modifying XML, Create XML code at runtime, modifying XML, exporting XML to a Datatable, comparing XML, converting XML to HTML
- Connected with databases by using ADODB database object through VBScript. Executed complex SQL queries, exported query results to a data-table, etc.
- Wrote scripts without QTP for windows file management (FSO - FileSystemObject), FTP/SFTP through WinSCP utilizing UNIX shell objects, API testing, email HTML reports through outlook or other email clients.
Tools: Windows XP, Agile/SCRUM, Java, QTP 10/11, QC 10/11, Toad, VersionOne, ODBC, SQL TeamTrack, Hudson Build Server, SaaS, Cloud, Dojo, GWT, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 10g, VBScript, VBA, Citrix, WinSCP, Macintosh, WSDL, Unix and Linux.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
QA Automation Lead
- Analyzed business requirements, utilized Optimal Trace tool for requirements management and traceability.
- Reviewed and evaluated overall nature of business, technology stack and architecture of various in-house systems, tools, vendor applications, databases and HIPAA for designing QA test plans.
- Prepared feasibility analysis report for adopting manual or automated test practices for different projects.
- Installed and configured Test Automation tools - TestPartner, OptimalTrace, ClientVantage and QADirector along with their databases for housing test result data to be consequently used for reporting and analysis.
- Prepared numerous automated test scripts from scratch using VB Script within TestPartner and utilized TestPartner test framework in conjunction with Compuware ClientVantage for Load, Performance and Stress tests.
- Modified automated test scripts for accommodating requirement changes and environmental changes.
- Managed and maintained manual and automated test scripts, tracked defects through QA Director test management tool.
- Led QA team of 4 for executing functional, load and performance automation tests.
- Supervised overnight automated functional test execution on 4 parallel machines continually for 12 months.
- Supervised overnight automated load and performance test execution on 30 real machines for about 6 months until benchmarked transaction response times were achieved.
- Extensively executed SQL and PL/SQL queries using SQL Navigator on the Oracle Database for testing and test extracting test data.
- Performed end-to-end QA on Crystal Reports through Business Objects, on data migration/data center move project and various production fixes.
- Monitored, updated and prepared progress reports, scorecards and test summary reports reflecting progress and success with core team and management.
- Prepared UAT test scripts, UAT test data, and UAT document and supervised UAT sessions for various projects.
Tools: Micro Focus/Compuware TestPartner, Optimal Trace, QA Director, Compuware Vantage suite, SQL Navigator, Oracle 10G, Windows XP, CRM, IWR, IVR, VPI, Cistera, CAD/CAS, Oracle, Agile/SCRUM, Crystal Reports, Legacy/mainframe, Business Objects and SQL Navigator.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Sr. System Test Analyst
- Conducted business analysis activities including requirements management, requirements freezing, etc.
- Initiated and conducted multiple requirement analysis sessions along with in-depth study of FACETS data Models with team members.
- Developed comprehensive Test Plans from scratch, created test cases and maintained them within Mercury Quality Center (QC).
- Developed and maintained automated scripts to support system testing using QTP.
- Extracted test data using SQL statements through TOAD and BRIO tools.
- Identified software problems, wrote easy-to-follow bug reports, logged them into bug tracking database (QC), monitored their progress and verified their fixes.
- Performed data verification at the front-end and utilized complex SQL queries to extract comparable data from various database sources.
- Wrote Test Cases, Test Scripts and prepared test data for Provider, Claims Processing, Claims Remediation, Claims Pricing in FACETS and NetworX Pricer applications.
- Involved in testing all modules of FACETS application: Accounting, Billing, Claims Processing, Customer Service, Dental Plan, Provider and Utilization Management.
Tools: Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Hyperion Brio, Windows NT/2000, Mainframe, MS Project, Trizetto FACETS, CaliberRM, QuickTest Professional 9.0, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, TIBCO, HIPAA, Citrix.