- Experienced IT manager offering 20+ years of success leading all phases of diverse technology projects
- Managed technology teams in diverse situations and settings: private & public companies, $12mm to $120 billion per year, heavy process cultures and extremely casual environments; and companies that experienced dramatic transitions such as merger or closure. In all situations, technology was dedicated to the companies mission, protected bottom - line impact, mitigated risk, and ensured process efficiency and integrity improvements.
- Over 26 years experience on the AS/400 (iSeries) platform.
- T echnical management, development, and administration.
- Expertise in ANSI X12 EDI with over 19 years experience.
- Implementation and management experience with retail, distribution, mortgage, and mortgage insurance trading partners.
- Expert in agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
- Able to manage large project teams and known for high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed time-line and budgetary targets.
- Core strengths are building and managing motivated, skilled team members
- Establishing strong relationships with clients and project partners and an obsession with problem-solving.
- Proficient in SDLC management process from concept to implementation, both waterfall DMAIC and Agile methodologies.
- Systems and applications ownership
- Report to Executive Management
- P&L responsibilities - quarterly, shareholder, SEC notices, etc. reporting
- Resource management
- Key steering committee representative
- Ambassador to enterprise stakeholders
- Maintenance contract agreements - bidding, negotiation, renewal
- ITIL and COBIT Foundation Certifications in progress
SDLC: Waterfall & Agile Requirements Analysis, ROI Analysis, Costing & Budgeting, Project Scheduling, Testing/QA/Rollout/Support
OS/400: RPG, RPG ILE, CL, and DB2 SQL programmer
ERP Software: CA-KBM, JDA MMS and DMAS software.
Utilities: GXS Confidential EDI Software, Connect Direct (NDM), Hawkeye, TLAshford Bar Code Software, Sequel, DBU, ACOM, and Turnover.
Mgmt Tools: MS Visio, Cognos, SharePoint, Maximo,, Viper, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Agoura Hills, CA
Test Environment Build Developer
- Test Environment Deploy and Support technician
- Highest completion rate of inbound and outbound technical service request among TEB staff
- Developed Outlook and Excel VBA scripts to improve response times and monitor issue progress
- Technical OS400 support of profile, object authority, job management and advanced operational support.
- Turnover support administrator.
- Mentor to team of BAC processes from an application perspective as a former App Manager for EDI Services.
- Advanced support to special deployment FTE leads.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
Senior EDI Programmer/Analyst
- Provided AS/400 RPG ILE/CLP program development, analysis, application designs and support in a multi-language, cross-platform environment. Utiliized standard AS/400 tools/utilities Hawkeye, DBU, Turnover, ESEND, Robot, and TAATOOL.
- Built interfaces to processes data to/from Confidential EDI translator for cross platform transfer and validation between AS/400 BPCS and Oracle systems.
- Developed new EDI processor program to move customer-specific exceptions from hard coding to control tables to handle exception rules, re-built translation formats (maps) for each customer for integration with the new interface, and new Trading Partner Relationship profiles for each.
- EDI Documents managed: Purchase Order (850), Purchase Order Acknowledgment (855), Shipping Schedule (862), Planning Schedule with Release Capability (830), Invoice (810), Remittance Advice (820), Application Advice (824), Advance Ship Notice (856),
Confidential, Agoura Hills, CA
- Responsible for operations of Shared Services Technology HLIT EDI Services application to provide lights-on (BAU) support for its clients, deliver on its initiative portfolio, and ensure 100% compliance with Application Governance requirements.
- Manage a team of professionals providing BAU 24x 7 onshore/offshore support of Business Technology Groups and their external trading partners, such as HUD, MERS, MI Companies, EPS, Credit Reporting Agencies, Investor Reporting, USDA/Rural Housing, and Balboa Insurance.
- Successfully delivered implementations of major Federal Regulatory initiatives: OCC Oversight Mandates, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Dodd-Frank, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), MERS, and HUD Rule changes.
- Managed SDLC (waterfall & Agile) from concept through production in warranty phase, including BRD, HLD, LLD, ACD documentation meetings, release management activities, QA supervision, code review, and operational readiness (GO-NO/GO).
- Flawless oversight of Application Governance, such as Secure/Confidential Data Governance, Business Continuity Planning and DR Exercises, NPI/PCI Compliance, application access reviews, approved communication/encryption standards, etc.
- Provided backup application support for companion application team for Connect:Direct (NDM) management.
- See specific EDI document support in EDI supplemental resume.
Confidential, Sylmar, CA iSeries System Engineer
- Member of acquisition team managing KBM iSeries environment for transition to QAD & Oracle platforms.
- Managed relocation of iSeries and redeployment in a Twinax-free environment.
- Architect and implementation project manager of a factory labor tracking bar code solution.
- Designed and implemented paperless document solutions and decommission of impact printing operations. Customized MRC report application for automated report distribution and routine business processes in KBM ERP package to better leverage personnel daily tasks.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
EDI Functional Analyst
- Member of 3PL interface team: ownership of two Distribution Centers and two XML EDI interfaces.
- Technical design and EDI interface implementation specialist for Back-of-House team for integration to forward facing systems. XML Schema testing.
- SQL report developer using AQT interface for reconciliation of JDA MMS vs. staging file data vs. service provider reporting.
- Team representative to Global Business Solutions Systems committees and Test Case teams.
Confidential, Montebello, CA
Vice President of Information Technology
- Inovis Confidential EDI administration of 810, 824, 850, 855, 856, 864, and 832 documents for prominent retail trading partners.
- Managed AS2 certificates in Inovis BizConnect and maintained GDSN 1Sync data pool.
- Managed 10 servers Windows network environment and iSeries ERP platform.
- Windows 2008 server, Exchange 2010, MS SQL Server 2005 and ISA server.
- Managed retail supplier scorecards and selling reports, and attended Confidential and Confidential training.
Confidential, Chino, CA
- Analyzed business processes with respect to KBM software running on IBM iSeries platforms.
- EDI Administration for hard line trading partners such as Lowes, Ferguson, Hughes Supply. Document mapping and management using Inovis TrustedLink. AS2 certificate management using Trailblazer.
- Big Hammer Marketing Data Pool Administration, 1Sync GDSN and web data support for Lowes, Home Depot and Ferguson accounts.
- Drafted functional requirements, consulted with business sponsors on budget impact, and recommend best course of action for company’s interest.
- Project management from business sponsor request through revision, testing, user sign-off, coding, change activity request (CAR), change control board presentation, promotion, and post-promotion follow-up.
- Developed and maintained trading partner EDI programs utilizing RPG, RPG ILE, CLE, SQL and ODBC interfaces MS Access programs.
Confidential, Pinole/Sherman Oaks, CA
Information Technology/Retail Systems Manager
- Managed all Information Technology and Retail Systems functions for a publicly-traded retail company with 108 stores and 1200 employees.
- Directed operations of production platforms: IBM iSeries, running JDA MMS Software for merchandise management; and Point-Of-Sale (POS) systems utilizing Excellenet (Sybase) Polling Servers and Datavantage Store21 POS Software at point-of-sale.
- Implemented and maintained proper procedures, controls, and testing for SOX and PCI Compliance.
- QRS Confidential Catalog initiative to improve inventory accuracy, track usage for replenishment, and identify shrinkage.
Confidential, Valencia, CA
RPG Developer/iSeries System Admin/Business Analyst
- Performed programming duties in RPG and CLP for a pharmaceuticals distributor.
- EDI Administration of 850 and 810 documents including setup, transmission monitoring, and problem resolution.
- Electronic delivery on pharmaceutical offer flat files to McKesson, AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health and secondary market pharmaceutical distributors.
- Performed System Administration for iSeries, including OS/400 upgrades, user profile management & security, backup management, hardware configuration. Worked with Department Managers to improve or develop new IT solutions to increase productivity.
- Managed decommission of IT services and iSeries operations for the winddown of operations for business closure.