- Overall nearly 10 years of experience in software testing process and providing QA services in Banking and Financial sector for a Leading Discount Brokerage firm in U.S, in all phases of testing life cycle. This includes Test Planning, Test Scripting, Test Cases Review, Defect Tracking and Executing Tests based on business and functional requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile, and Waterfall etc.
- Good knowledge and in depth experience of testing process, strategizing, prioritizing, test coverage analysis and End to End Testing
- Extensive experience of Software Testing Life Cycle, Black Box, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Acceptance Testing and Web service testing.
- Expertise in Managing functional / regression and automation QA teams, QA Methodology and QA Validations in key project implementations and Well Versed in Analyzing Results, Defect Tracking & Reporting, and Detailed Status Reporting.
- Experience with UAT Testing along with data setup, Environment setup and coordination between Business Analyst and Product Management team.
- Experience in using Selenium Web driver with Protractor framework with Jasmine syntax.
- Experience in using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Experience in using TFS and JIRA for the report generation.
- Hands - on Experience on Testing Web services using SOA Test and Postman
- Experience in Business Analysis and testing of Capital Market products.
- Experienced professional with strong skills in project and team management.
- Expertise in using Testing tools like JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, HP Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT and Clear Quest, and open source tools like nodeJs, Protractor, Selenium Web driver and Source Tree.
- Automation experience using Intellij, Web storm IDE and Selenium Web driver.
- Experience with Protractor framework with Selenium Web driver as well as worked extensively in developing automation scripts using Java script.
- Experience in working with Oracle, DB2 and Mongo. Hands-on on testing backend by writing SQL queries using Toad.
- Hands: on experience on testing web services using service testing tools like SOATest and Advanced rest client.
- Experience in Compatibility Testing, executed test cases in different browsers like IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing using both Blackbox Methodologies.
- Banking and Portfolio management.
- Leading 2 QA teams (one at onshore and another at offshore) with 6 resources in each team to test web based application developed on AngularJS based front end and .Net based backend services for next generation portfolio management system.
- Developed automated tests for Regression testing and Functional testing using Webstorm IDE with Protractor framework and Selenium Web driver.
- Worked on selenium automation framework and configured scripts with test cases in MTM to be triggered directly on lab machines.
- Executed test cases for AngularJS code using protractor testing framework on selenium web driver in Web storm.
- Documented Test strategy for releases, prepared and ran numerous automated and manual test cases in MTM and TFS
- Created complex queries for querying the MongoDB for test data needs.
- Followed agile/sprint methodology in release testing.
- Analyzed, enhanced and executed scripts for web service testing and API testing using ParaSoft SOA tool.
- Deployed builds regularly in different to test environments using PowerShell tool through JSON files as part of release management activities. Used Selenium Web driver for Smoke testing.
- Validated business and functional scenarios after pre-production and production installs. And provided guidance to UAT testers.
- Responsible for User management of the application which is done from Salesforce. Has hands on experience and good knowledge of creating users and profiles from Salesforce.
Tools: and technologies: Protractor-Selenium webdriver, Jenkins, JIRA, Zephyr, AngularJS, MTM, TFS, RoboMongo and MongoDB
- Worked on Understanding of application architecture, preparing and executing test cases. Analyzed the use cases and proposed test strategies.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Compatibility Testing by Manual and Automated methods.
- Provided effort estimation, coordinated with the offshore team and prepared test schedules.
- Identified the test scripts for automation and created automation scripts using QTP.
- Created complex SQL queries for mining test data for testing the application.
- Reviewed Test results, planning and managing daily activities of the team and interacting with the client to facilitate smooth implementation.
Tools: TFS, QTP and Toad for Oracle
- Did Test data mining by writing queries in DB2 and setup Test data for testing different scenarios in Mainframe.
- Analysis of requirements, Use cases and test plans and submit the status to clients.
- Created User test documentation and Co-ordination of Test Execution (End-to-End).
- Created test cases and test cycles in Quality Center/ALM.
- Responsible for working with Business team and development team to discuss regarding the requirements and high priority defects.
- Used to run the batch jobs on UNIX server and used to troubleshoot in case of issues.
Tools: DB2, PL/SQL, Unix Servers, Quality Center
- Experienced in testing the application developed on C#. Net frame work with Oracle back end.
- Experience to work in STLC phases and submit the deliverables at the end pf each phase.
- Developed Test plans based on the Use cases.
- Written complex SQL queries for querying against different databases, Oracle and DB2 for test data mining.
- Involved in Executing and Reviewing test cases.
- Defect management through defect tracking tool Clear Quest and reporting it to the development team and Business team.
- Participated in Review meetings and Defect triage meetings.
- Wrote test cases in Quality Center and did the test execution management on QC.
- Created test cases and automated the tests using the tool Confidential Test Automation Accelerator.
- Prepared Daily and Weekly status reports and reporting the same to onsite lead.
- Created Perl scripts in for managing test data for regression testing. Tools: Quality Center, Clear Quest, Perl scripting and PL/SQL