Senior Software Engineer with 11 years of diversified automotive experience in ECU software development, Quality assurance by manual and automated verification and validation of Embedded software on Android and QNX target microcontrollers. Hands on experience working on automotive protocols CAN, LIN, MOST, FlexRay and Bluetooth and associated tools for European, Japanese and North American markets.
Confidential, Novi, MI
Senior Software Engineer
- Test plan and test case development for the General Motors latest Info3 In - Vehicle infotainment features.
- Verify and Validate the infotainment features of Software updates, Telematics, Diagnostics, Active safety and ADAS by performing systems tests, manual and automated tests, drive tests.
- Perform test coverage analysis, tagging and traceability, defect triaging of software defects
- Report the defects in defect tracking, reproduce and debug the critical issues for root cause analysis and perform cause and effect analysis with Fish bone and pareto charts.
- Modify the test cases, sanity and smoke test cases based on the feature completion and quality of the software
- Coordinate with automation core team for framework customizations and script modifications using APPIUM and C# for the test scenario to be automated.
- Support customer field, fleet testing, score card testing and generate report on the quality of the software delivered.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Develop the automation scripts from the functional test cases using Squish, C# and Python for regression testing of the Ford SYNC Gen 3 infotainment system.
- Foolproof verification of the developed automation frame work for the ADAS features like Auto Park Assist, Visual Park Assist, Camera Systems, HMI, Climate (HVAC), Home Settings, Emergency Assist, Navigation.
- Triaging the fleet defects and re-test the issue manually or with automation on test benches or in vehicle for root cause.
- Execute automation tests for different regions and perform functional testing in the domains of Connectivity, Voice-recognition.
- Report the issues in defect tracking (RTC) and support the development teams for proper fixing of the defects.
Lead Software Engineer
- Refactor the code for performance and memory optimization based on the QNX Memory Analysis tool.
- Develop use cases to check the peak memory usage and performance latency in starting infotainment applications on NTG5 QNX based target boards.
- Develop the thread parser to analyze, parse the thread states from the logs and extract the thread hogs
- Generate processor usage metrics and processor load caused by the interrupts and perform budget profiling.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implement the power train Embedded algorithms for electronic control of automotive sensors and actuators.
- Fine tuning of design by requirement brainstorming, analysis, review of requirements with Global systems engineers
- High-Level, Low-Level design modifications of core design according to OEM requirements
- Realization, Implementation of the design using C, C++ with MISRA-C standards and auto code generation using ASCET.
- Perform code reviews, independent testing of the features developed by team.
- Unit test case development and testing of the embedded code using simulations and in-vehicle.
- Specific ECU software development areas worked include Air mass calculations, Charge pressure, Charge temperature algorithms, Turbo actuators, Throttle valves, EGR valves, swirl control for major European auto makers.
- Developed ECU software for features like Particulate filters, Brake Plausibility algorithms, diagnostic services, torque monitoring for Japanese auto markets.
- Well versed in understanding, working with the microcontroller architectures of Motorola MPC555 powerpc, Infineon Tricore 1797 RISC processors.
Programming/Scripting Languages: C, C++, Python, C#, Java
Embedded RTOS: QNX 6.5, ERCOS-OSEK, Android
Automotive tools: Vehicle Spy 3, Canalyzer, ASCET, TRACE, INCA
Microcontrollers: MPC555, TriCore1797
Automotive protocols: CAN, LIN, MOST, FlexRay, Bluetooth, UDS, KWP2000
Development Tools Frameworks and IDE: Squish 6.0, X-Emacs, MicroSoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Code Wright, APPIUM
Configuration management: Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, DOORS, perforce, HP-ALM, SVN, RQM, Elvis