- Over 9 years in QA aspect of software development life cycle on various platforms, well versed in designing test cases and scripts. Demonstrated analytical skills in studying detail design and customer requirement documents.
- Experience in using Automation Tools Mercury Quick Test Pro, jmeter and test management tool Test Director, Quality Center 9.0 and Rational Clear Quest, Jira, TFS.
- Extensive experience in Integration, Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, System, BOUNDARY Testing, GUI Testing.
- Experience in white box testing and Black box testing.
- Experience in Manual and Automated Testing.
- Executed effective QA processes and excellence through the development cycle with clear goals and formal testing methodologies.
- Experienced in writing, Maintaining and Executing Test plans, Test procedures, and documenting the Test Results and Release notes.
- Hands - on experience in data management tools includes Oracle 7.x/8.x, SQL Server, Microsoft Access.
- Experience in Mobile testing on Android, IOS, tablet and Desktop.
- Ability to suggest improvements and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve process.
Testing Tools: Test Director 8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center 9.0, SOA TEST 9.1 & 9.6, Jmeter, QTP, Jira, Load Runner, TFS .
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, XSL, ASP, WSDL, SOAP, SOA.
Languages: Java, C, C++, AS400, Mainframe, Visual Basic 5.0/6.0.
RDBMS: TERADATA, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000
Application Server: Web Logic 5.1, Web sphere 5.1
GUI Tools: QTP.
Operating System: UNIX, Windows 2000/XP, UNIX.
Others: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Version one, SABRE RED-GDS, POS, EMD.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Responsible for creating, executing, documenting, and maintaining test plans and manual test cases of GUI applications.
- Created detailed test cases and test data based on requirements and functional specifications.
- Created training, troubleshooting, and release documentation in support of software system implementations
- Responsible for updating server and client virtual Machines.
- Responsible for updating Microsoft Test Manager and provide status report to higher management.
- Performed Load testing activities using Jmeter.
- Lead Beta testing activities.
- Lead Mobile testing.
- Used MS-SQL for backend testing
- Experience in writing Java script and xml script for interactivity.
- Experience in leading QA Activities for Offshore team and few other projects.
- Tested DevOps and Korbyt application 1.0 & 1.1.
- Mentor for new members of the team.
- Worked closely with developers to find solutions to the bugs.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst to make sure requirements and wireframes met customer expectations.
Environment: Test Manager, Release Notes (html), MS-SQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Inview, Design studio (Graphic content creation), RMG server and client Applications, Android, Apple iPhone, Mac and tablet, Java script, css, Korbyt app, Korbyt desktop, TFS.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Developed and established quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Involved in Developing and writing test plans and scripts for tracing defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems and operations systems.
- Performed the analysis of formal test results in order to Client and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Created and communicated test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications; revised as needed.
- Developed change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing applications.
- Performed testing of new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Communicated test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project Manager.
- Communicated with all levels of internal personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Read, comprehend, interpret, and analyze moderately complex job-related documents and financial records.
- Involved in conversion project.
- Created test cases for performance and involved in execution of performance tests using Load Runner
- Involved in Determining when issues need to be escalated to a higher level.
- Worked independently.
- Worked in and promote cooperation in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical, efficient, keen attention to detail, highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Mentored offshore team members of the quality assurance team.
Environment: Test Manager, SFDC sales force application, Adobe Acrobat, LincDoc, MS-SQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, BMAS application, ESE application, Load Runner.
- Involved in providing Project estimates and timelines.
- Involved in Test plan creation and analyzed the requirement document to develop scenarios.
- Developed manual and automated software test plans, test scripts and test cases.
- Coordinated and executed the creation of Test Cases, Test scripts and performance test execution.
- Involved in Design, code and execute automated test scripts for EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous document) Project that require POS system.
- Involved in execution of Test cycles.
- Updated task Progress and status using Quality center
- Communicated testing events, daily status, and test execution results to Product Manager.
- Communicated task progress and status to project Managers and product owners.
- Developed Automation scripts using QTP and SOA.
- Involved in documentation of test results and status reports.
- Report defects found in testing accurately using Jira.
- Participated in SCRUM.
- Worked with developers in resolving the issues.
- Involved in providing feedback on current Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Experience in maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Participated in Performance Test using Load Runner
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Worked as Team Lead for some projects.
- Coordinated with Offshore QA team in resolving issues.
- Involved in Presenting the final working Product to peers.
Environment: Sabre Red-GDS, Interact, QTP 11, SOA Test 9.1 & 9.6, Jira, Quality Center, Load Runner, Version one.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements for accuracy and completeness.
- Involved in Defining testing requirements and retrieve/setup data to meet test condition requirements.
- Participated in maintaining and establishing quality assurance standards and best practices.
- Responsible for creation of Test Plan/Strategy.
- Attend Planning meetings.
- Involved in Review Requirements.
- Test Case Creation in Quality Center.
- Execute Test Cycles in Quality Center.
- Involved in System Integration and Interface Testing.
- Participated Verification/Smoke Testing, Regression Testing.
- Written SQL queries for Database Validation.
- Involved in Backend (database) Validation.
- Defect Detection, Logging, Verification in Jira.
- Test Script Traceability Matrix.
Environment: AS400, Quality Center 9.0, Mainframe test tools (Telemar, Informix& vertex), Oracle (MMB), Info view (reporting),Billing systems.
QA Analyst/Integration Testing
- Assisted in developing Integration test cases and also to execute the test cases or test cases created by other Team members.
- Validated and ensured that client and functional requirements are met via use case, requirements and UI design.
- Communicated testing risks to CTD Test Lead.
- Experienced creating test cases and/or scripts.
- Experienced in Software testing (functional, integration, system, and/or automation).
- Experience working with testing tools, such as Mercury Interactive Test Director, Rationale s Test Manager.
- Worked within a heterogeneous platform environment (UNIX, Windows, etc.).
- Experience in using different browsers like chrome, IE, Firefox and Apple to test web applications.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Word and PowerPoint.
- Performed all other duties as assigned by management.
- Experienced with quality assurance in a UNIX based environment.
- Extensive understanding of various standards of Systems Development Life Cycle processes and the integration points of the Testing Life Cycle processes within it.
- Experience using HP Quality Center.
- Experience using Rational Clear Quest.
- Responsible for manual and automated execution of test cases supporting a major functional release of the website.
- Experienced in production release support.
- Able to work in multiple projects simultaneously.
Environment: Web testing (IE, chrome, Firefox and Apple), Quality Center 9.0, Rational Clear Quest, Siebel, XML-XML, SQL server, Oracle, UNIX.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology systems development life cycle
- Ability to drill into business requirements and functional specifications to ensure that user needs are met by implementing change request.
- Involved in designing and executing Test Cases and scripts as a member of a business testing team (user acceptance), executing and reviewing test results, logging defects, escalating issues, and reporting progress for change requests and Market driven (Texas SET - market EDI transactions, ERCOT, and/or PUCT) requirements.
- Experience creating 650,814,820,810,860,861 and 824 EDI transactions.
- Secure approval of scripts and results from CGE clients. Work with various groups acting as subject matter expert explaining how software changes will impact the business and programmers helping them understand the needs of the business and explaining code defects discovered during the execution of test scripts.
- Ensure the delivered software meets the expectation of the business.
- Able to deal with multiple projects Confidential one time and maintain an individual project plan. Provide daily updates to various parties of status and results.
- Ability to adapt quickly, follow up with details, and to meet deadlines consistently.
- Involved in writing business test scripts and cases for the user acceptance testing team to facilitate the most efficient, effective, and rapid testing based on the schedule of code changes to be provided by Information Technology.
- Involved in documenting, testing and debugging applications with limited supervision.
- Interacted with clients and peers.
- Executed test scripts in accordance with test plans, logged defects noted during such testing, and test defect fixes.
- Tested for mainframe and open systems applications
- Ability to work on multiple releases simultaneously
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams
- Experience with defect tracking tools and procedures
- Working knowledge of EDI transactions.
- Specific knowledge of Confidential Electric Delivery systems.
- Specific knowledge of the Texas deregulated electric market.
- Experienced in working with automated test tools (Mercury Test Director, Rational Suite, Mainframe test tools)
- Working knowledge of Rational Clear Quest defect tracking tool
Environment: AS400,Quality Center 9.0, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Mainframe test tools for billing(Siebel).
- Ownership and final delivery of both the user acceptance test plan and test scripts for multiple work requests.
- Participate in reviewing the business requirements with the WR owners, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Translate business requirements into test conditions and expected results for user acceptance test plan.
- Schedule necessary working sessions with the clients to drive out specific details and provide quality assurance for the UAT Plan.
- Develop, Update and maintain testing standards and procedures.
- Create test scenarios in Quick Test Professional using existing regression test cases.
- Execute test scripts and validate product fixes.
- Work with the application team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Provide final test results and summary of issues and/or defect management in the user acceptance plan.
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with EXPRESS and other established project standards.
- Monitor project timeline and track each WR s (Work Request) UAT progress to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time.
Environment: MS Excel, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional 8.2, TERADATA, Windows XP, JSP, Java, Manual Testing.