- 10+ years of IT experience in Manual Testing, Automation Testing of software systems in Web - based, Client Server and Data Warehouse applications under Windows and Unix environments
- Expertise in developing, documenting, and executing test cases manually as well as generating automated scripts using Selenium.
- Worked on Web Services Testing using Selenium IDE, and Selenium RC Server, Web Driver, Testing and Junit.
- Extensively involved in writing automation for Functional testing and Regression testing
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept like polymorphism, encapsulation
- Excellent testing skills with an urge to find hidden bugs.
- Have good experience in developing Perl scripts to verify functionality and performance of the modem chipsets for all modes of UE.
- Expertise in generating the reports from the logs using PERL scripting.
- Have good debugging skills to fix the issues in Perl scripts.
- Ability to document and track defects as well as produce detailed reports using defect tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Worked on Insurance, Finance and Healthcare applications.
- Automation skills in both UI and service level
- Experience in Selenium IDE, Grid.
- Experience in Selenium Web driver.
- Understand the application concepts and flow in order to identify the re-usable key components for automation purposes.
- XPath, CSSSelector usage in Selenium.
- Experienced with TestNG and JUnit.
- Data Driven Framework Automation testing.
- Worked with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, Jira and Clear Quest
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC and QA Life cycle, with timely delivery against aggressive timelines.
- Create & executed automated scripts/components using Selenium that supports Java platform
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in developing Selenium tests and Java applications using IDE's such as Eclipse.
- Extensive experience in Black Box Testing of applications
- ANT, Maven and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Expertise in problem solving and Bug Reporting using Bug Tracking Tools
- Proficient in creating Test cases, Test Scripts for the testing of various types of web applications.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Designed, maintained and executed the test cases in Quality center tool and logged the defects.
- Worked in conjunction with the Business Analysts and Development teams to analyze and solve the issues
- Experience in performing Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
QA tester/Selenium - Contractor
Confidential - Herndon, VA
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications.
- Developed and maintained test suites, test cases.
- Automates Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG and Java.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium Webdriver.
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Followed the decision tree table in creating the test cases as specified in the requirement document.
- Cross - Browser Testing both Manual and using Selenium.
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
QA tester/Selenium - Contractor
Confidential, Washington DC, DC
- Automating the test cases for PAS Homeowners and AUTO new business transactions using Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Updating the framework for integrating the smoke script with Jenkins for CI(Continuous Integration)
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium Webdriver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Used Firebug to identify web elements using XPath and CSS selectors.
- Run the smoke test for each build for all the QA environments
- Test Design, Test Development and Defect Tracking were done using Quality Center
- Metrics collection, Status Tracking for the weekend execution and Script Review
Environment: Selenium Webdriver (2.39), Java (1.7), TestNG, Xpath, Quality Center and Jenkins
Test Automation Engineer (Selenium)-Contractor
Confidential - Reston, VA
- Analyzing Business Requirements / Features and preparing the Test conditions in HP Quality Center.
- Preparing Test Scenarios based on RSM (Requirements Specification Matrix).
- Develop test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results. Use of "Parameterization" techniques for a "Data Driven" test. All development was done under Eclipse IDE.
- Responsible to deal with the errors to make the program error free.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite/Offshore development team and with Business.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Python/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in Oracle Database.
- Participated scheduled meetings with Development team and Business analysts.
- Monitor and track high Priority defects on day - to-day basis, write positive and negative test cases, improve traceability, to reduce project risk and increase the quality of the application
- Prepared test estimation, test plan, functional and regression test suite for project
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects and issues.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
Environment: Selenium, QTP, Perl, Python, SQL Server, JIRA, MS Excel, HTML, Windows, My Eclipse, Java
Test Automation Engineer (Selenium) - Contractor
Confidential - TX
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedures using Business requirements documented Functional requirements document of the system.
- Understand the application requirements and system design
- Prepare Test case data needs before developing the Test cases.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing, testing manually on the first release of the application.
- All the test scenarios that have been satisfied with the functionality are moved to automation testing.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium RC and Web Driver using Testng and Junit.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing
- Generated the SQL Queries to retrieve the data from databases for validation testing.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
- Execute automated Selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually
- Test web sites for functionality, GUI, usability, navigation, browser and OS compatibility
- Analyzing the logs and escalate the issues to Developers.
- Ran batch files for efficient use of scripts and time.
- Prioritized and reported defects using Defect Tracking tool JIRA.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Participated in daily status meeting, Coordinated with the developers and Business Analysts to resolve the defects and close them.
Environment: s: Selenium, IDE, RC Web Driver, Perl, Perl Debugger, Slick Edit, Maximo, My Eclipse, JIRA, MySQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA.
QA/Webservices Tester - Contractor
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Performed Test Analysis for Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Converted Business requirements and design documentation into test design products: Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Conducted review meeting with Business teams to review test cases
- Identify the data requirements and get the required data from data team
- Performed UAT Testing, Regression Testing and Database Testing
- Executed the test cases and logged the defects in Quality Center
- Coordinate UAT activities and participate in the defect triage meetings
- Used HP Quality Center as the test management tool for requirements coverage, test execution, report and track the defects
- Web Services testing using Soap UI
- Generate defect reports to review in the daily defect triage meeting during test execution
- Identified the components those were reusable during the execution and the test cases were prepared in such a way as there were utilized in plug and play model
- Participated in regular sessions and team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing and interacted with developers and project managers to deal with any issues found during testing
Environment: Oracle, Windows XP, SQL, TOAD, Java, Web Services, SOAP UI, SQL, DB2, Visio, XML, HP Unix, IBM Websphere 7, Quality Center.
QA/Mainframe tester - Contractor
Confidential - Watertown, MA
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirements Review and Technical specs inspection
- Involved in developing test cases from Business Requirements in Quality Center
- Responsible for performing System Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Participated in testing various interfaces (Inbound and Outbound) of Facets
- Involved in validation of HIPAA for 837 claims used for Professional, Institutional and Dental billings
- Involved in validation and verification of data
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting
- Developed Base line scripts for testing the future releases of the Application
- Developed and executed SQL queries using TOAD and stored procedures to validate the data
- Tracked defects using Quality Center and conducted defect review meetings
- Used Quality Center as a test management tool for requirements, test cases, test execution and defect reporting
- Involved in Testing along with Developers to resolve the technical problems encountered in the Application
Environment: Quality Center, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, Mainframe, DB2, Unix, Toad, Business Intelligence, Java, Windows XP.
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting.
- Written SQL queries to retrieve data and verify it.
- Involved in identifying Defects and Change requests