- Seeking a position in a challenging environment of Software Quality Assurance and Testing where I can utilize my Java programming, automation, manual testing, selenium, Protractor, API, SQL, Web services skills, and quality practices.
- CORE technical Skills
- Manual, Selenium, Java, Groovy, Maven, Oracle, SOAP, RESTful Web - services, Git/GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, Cucumber, Rally, Protractor, Jasmine, SOAP UI, Ready API, Rest Assured.
- Demonstrated experience as a QA Automation Engineer(SDET) testing Web and Client Server Applications both Manual and Automation with good understanding of Test planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Test Automation using selenium, CICD, Framework design and Defect Reporting and Tracking.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Defect life Cycle, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in Core Java Programming using OOPS concepts, Collections, Exceptions handling etc.
- Experience in designing and building Frameworks like Behavior Driven Development (BDD/TDD), Hybrid, Keyword driven, and data driven using Selenium Web driver, Java as a programming language.
- Experience in developing Behavior driven development (BDD/TDD) using Gherkin language and Cucumber tool, created scenarios in feature files, step definitions, test runner etc.
- Good experience in testing and Automating Android mobile applications using Selenium. Appium and Java.
- Experience in Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Experience in using unit testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, good knowledge in configuring the test suites in TestNG .xml file. experience in using build tools like Maven and configuring pom.xml
- Expertise in developing Test Framework from scratch using Page Object Model (POM) and maintaining the object repositories, experience in using java libraries like Apache poi and jxl.
- Expertise in using different components of selenium like selenium RC, selenium web driver and selenium grid.
- Experience in working with web debugging tools like XPath, FirePath, and Firebug and provided efficient locators for strategies like Xpath and CSS to run test scripts.
- Good knowledge in DEVOPS concepts and working knowledge on Continuous integration and Continuous delivery (CICD) by using tools like Jenkins.
- Experienced on Service Oriented Architecture and tested SOAP (WSDL) and Restful (WADL) Web Services by using tools like SOAPUI and validated the response XML file.
- Automated Web services using groovy scripting, data sourcing and data source looping, driven required data from excel sheets into Ready API to send requests and stored the data from responses into the respective excel sheets.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, Xpath, XQuery.
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and good experience in AngularJS, Java script, experience in using version control tools like Sub Version, Git, GitHub
- Experience in using the Test management and Defect Tracking tools like HP Quality center, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Rally, Jira.
- Extensively worked on creating Test Summary Reports, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Defect reports.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a QA/Project team, as required by the project. Able to effectively and cooperatively interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Possess problem-solving skills, ability to follow industry standards and procedures. Quickly master new concepts and applications. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
QA Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid/RC/IDE, QTP/UFT, Cucumber, Protractor, Jasmine, Emulator
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Rally
Programming Languages: Java, C++, C, SQL, Ruby, Python
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012,2010,2008, MY SQL
Project Communication Tools: MS office
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux
Firefox ADDON: FirePath, Firebug, Selenium IDE
Framework Environment: Eclipse, JDK, TestNG, JUnit, Visual Studio, TDD, BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven
SOA Technologies: Rest Assured, Soap UI, SOAP, REST Web Services
Test Build/CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Grunt
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
Confidential, memphis, tn
Automation Tester - SDET
- Experienced in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) using Agile methodology.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation test scripts with JAVA, Selenium WebDriver and MAVEN with TestNG prior to release for regression and functional test cases.
- Experience in using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java and TestNG frameworks in creating test scripts, Annotation, Parameterization, Data Providers, Test Suites and HTML reports.
- Involved in resolving the Technical challenges & in efforts estimation and Test Planning.
- Involved in writing Automation scripts and executing scripts.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- Involved in Preparation of 'Hybrid Driven Reusable Framework' using Java.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider (Method and ITest Context.) for parameterization.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) to maintain all reusable object and maintained the same.
- Performed Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Tested Web App, Native App, automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple using Appium Emulators and IOS Simulators.
- Configured Appium for the Mobile Android Native App using selenium.
- Involved in Automation Feasibility Study for Web based applications.
- Schedule calls & actively interact with client for various project related items or issues on frequent basis.
- Assign work to team members during entire testing life cycle & monitor progress made on daily basis.
- MSSQL server, database, and user creation/maintenance/upgrades. Own and resolve client setup and issues as needed.
- Identified test data and organized in flat files scenario wise for test input at run time.
- Organized the scripts by grouping as Smoke, Regression and Functional and executed them from command prompt by creating schedules tasks.
- Used AWS to deploy the project on EC2 instance. Implementation of the Business logic layer for MongoDB Services.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java Client and SOAPUI).
- Ensure all Testing documents/artifacts are documented and maintained as per the process.
- Created and executed SOAP UI Scripts for the Web Services testing.
- Automated mobile application by using emulators and simulators using Appium Api.
- Performed SIT Testing activities (as a part of manual testing) to evaluate and support Microservices by providing end-to-end application testing and by providing technical support.
- Analyze test execution results and post defects with detailed steps and screenshots.
- Used HPQC for tracking defects and notifying developers.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users & prepared end user documentation for the new system.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stakeholders.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center& reported the same in status meetings.
- Performed ETL testing and precise documentation.
- Tested backend database by writing complex SQL Queries.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, Soap UI, Java, CSS, XML, Quality Center, TDD, BDD, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eclipse, Appium, GIT, Sauce Labs, Maven, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Developed test plans and test cases within Waterfall Methodology after carefully analyzing FRD and BRD.
- Executed all test cases in different phases of testing like GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Sanity and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and JUnit Framework.
- Writing the test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and JUnit Annotations.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to manage changes in the tested application's GUI, objects and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked in Agile environment, as a part of the Scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, sprint planning meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Used Cucumber for browser-based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Performed ETL Testing that are scheduled for file transfers from operational data stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Designed Data Driven and Keyword Testing Framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Executed Manual Test Cases by using Positive and Negative data inputs for Front End / User Interface testing.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Developed automated test scripts to test REST services using both XML and JSON formats.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL queries and joins to retrieve data from the database.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Web Services Testing using SOAPUI with REST to create and execute Functional, Regression, compliance, and load tests.
Environment: Selenium, Java, SVN, XML, ETL, JIRA, SOAP, REST, SOAP UI, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, QTP, JSON.
Confidential, chevy chase, MD
Software Test Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Product Owner, Customers and Project team members in analyzing the User stories and acceptance criteria.
- Involved in the project team, which focused on testing and dealing with process, tools and best practices. This team also leveraged testing knowledge, technology, methodology and resources across similar projects.
- Developed BDD framework by writing features files, step definitions and closely worked with the Product owner using Cucumber.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Implemented BDD framework from scratch by using the existing Hybrid components
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider for parameterization.
- Used Selenium automation (TestNG) to different type of browsers to perform Cross Browser Testing.
- Maintained Automation scripts and responsible for code check-ins into SVN.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Prepared SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletes of the records.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework, Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Created synchronization points by adding Explicit and implicit waits in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Used Protractor and Jasmine to automate the angular application module
- Integrated Page objects (POM) to Protractor framework for reusing the objects
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI/Ready API Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Performed data driven testing by getting the data from excel sheet and automated multiple endpoints with various data sets and generated the reports.
- Data Defined and Manipulate (DDL/DML) using SQL Queries in MYSQL.
- Automated RESTful web services by using REST Assured java libraries
- Mapped all the Requirements with the test cases using Requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
- Performed Black Box Testing, UAT Testing and extensively used Selenium for Regression, Smoke, Functional Testing and data driven testing using excel file in Selenium.
- Performed the application compatibility in the Versions of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer browsers using Selenium.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Jira.
- Used an Agile model of development life cycle (SCRUM). Used selenium with java, frameworks, design approaches, and various effective implementation techniques.
- Actively involved in detection of issues with test cases, design, execution and plans.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Apache Poi, Rest Assured, TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, XML, XPATH, DOM, Cucumber, Appium, AngularJS, Protractor, Groovy, Jira, SVN, Agile, SOAP, RESTful, Micro Services, SQL, Jenkins, SoapUI, Ready API, Swagger Gherkin, Eclipse, Maven, Oracle.
Confidential, New Jersy, NY
- Developed and executed application software testing such as functional, integration, and regression testing to ensure the quality of WSI websites and related systems.
- Used Keyword driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Frame work.
- Built Keyword driven framework from the scratch and automated test cases
- Developed reusable libraries for the framework and added Logs and reports
- Project is developed using waterfall methodology.
- Performed testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Performed Web-Services Testing using SOAP UI and generated XML, JSON Files for messaging.
- Reviewed Manual Testing methods and developed and executed automated scripts.
- Developed and Maintained Function Libraries, Object Repositories
- Performed Manual Testing and maintained documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Performance and Black Box.
- Performed Manual Testing process to ensure the quality of the software.
- Used Quality Center for reporting/tracking bugs and for document control.
- Tested Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Executed the manual test cases for various testing like GUI, Functionality, System, for Web applications and recorded the results.
- Performed Manual Testing of the application, creating test plans, test cases and documentation.
- Executed the test cases for the manual testing and tracked all the bugs discovered during manual testing to closure.
- Worked on functional testing of SOAP and RESTful Web Services using SOAP UI Tool Wrote basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
Environment: Selenium RC, Web Driver, Quality Center, SOAP, REST, MS SQL Server, JAVA, XML.
Jr JAVA Developer
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, Dyna Action Form Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC and EJB framework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Java, JDK, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows, HTML.