- Scaled Agile and PMP - certified, Technology Leader successful at building high-performing teams and leading sophisticated, highly talented Quality Engineering organizations capable of propelling programs and enterprises through rapid growth and agile transformation.
- A Quality visionary skilled at establishing operational excellence within culturally diverse environments, defining and implementing continuous improvement strategies and planning/executing multi-faceted Quality roadmaps designed to promote continuous integration/delivery, increase agility, and deliver incremental business value in both legacy and cloud (AWS).
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. SDET Manager
- Established Test Engineering capability and led transformation to institute agile engineering practices and tools - TDD, BDD, performance engineering - leveraging core tools: Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, LeanFT, SauceLabs, and Jmeter
- Implemented DevOps capabilities for testing - automation w/ Jenkins CI/CD integration, test data management, service virtualization
- Worked across agile teams to shift testing left, automate, and reshape testing to align to the testing pyramid and introduced cloud (AWS) / API testing to achieve 100% in-sprint testing
- Transformed organization from manual test analysts to multifaceted SDET profile and from performance testers to performance test engineers
- Collaborated with leadership across the enterprise to move from a centralized shared service to a federated model inspired by the Spotify engineering mode
- Created a new SDET role and job family for the enterprise
- Defined and led a centralized recruiting process for enterprise SDET needs
- Established a 6-week, intensive SDET program for qualified FTEs
- Instituted a junior temp-hire SDET program - upskilling team with rate reduction between 30-50% - expanded this program for additional enterprise needs - Java and DevOps roles
- Engaged new vendor partners to elevate skillset of the organization to target state
- Strategizing - worked across portfolios to design/execute strategies for agile testing transformation
- Simplifying - Rationalized testing across legacy and cloud (AWS)projects, leveraging unification strategies and revamped risk-based testing framework/process to achieve >40% gains in efficiency across testing and ~50% reduction in test cycle time
- Drove the Testing RFP process and selection of new target state vendor partners
Confidential, New York, NY
Program Test Manager
- Developed strategy and roadmap to overall testing (SIT / UAT) combined for Loan Accounting portfolio
- Managed the team of 10 BA’s. responsible building testing use cases with ~100% coverage for the new platform with total budget of $2M
- Managed automation team to build automation tool for streamlining testing efforts. tool was used by dev sit and uat teams and helped in finding issues early in the cycle
- Managed UAT of 5 BAU projects with budget of over 5M and with the team of 10 testers
- Successfully delivered on time with quality with no operational incidents
Program Director Testing
- Led the multiple week effort to conduct an in-depth testing gap analysis, involving interviews and focus groups with test management and leads.
- Proposed future state solution and roadmap on how to achieve it. Partnered with client test management in the requirements gathering and high level design process for the proposed solution.
- Lead the 6 months development (abinitio/Java/PLSQL) effort to develop and implement enterprise Test Data Management tool and ensure all the requirements are met within time and budget.
- Orchestrate a simplified design and adherence to client standards and processes to ensure an easy and smooth transition to Client Operations team. Collaborate with the team to familiarize them with the future solution and associated back-end processes.
- Present demos and road-shows to the senior management and client teams across the country to rollout the solution
- Closely manage risks and synchronize with teams to prevent major issues and accommodate for scope changes and budget cuts.
- Spearhead the test planning effort with emphasis on completeness and quality of documentation, to in corporate full integration and e2e testing which will be carried out in collaboration with the client different Lines of Business test teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Assessed, identified repeatable processes, and recommended automated solution for the existing reporting processes to improve efficiency
- Worked closely with the client teams to analyze requirements and determine data sources to create data mappings
- Designed and developed tools to consolidate data (using SAS Base, ITRM, EG, Perl) to support infrastructure utilization reporting
- Prepared test documentations, processes and standards for data validation and reports testing
- Managed and led multiple matrixes teams of 30-40 people across multiple applications and geographic location (mainframe system and 15 applications across US and India)
- Streamlined the testing processes and managed escalations to Senior Directors and VPs
- Established processes and best practices and ensured SDLC and testing standards are followed
- Managed the oversight of all host and distributed Applications impacts across the enterprise as it pertained to conversion changes
- Built partnerships with PMs and test managers to execute system and business tests across all channels
- Accountable for all aspects of conversion test management
- Led the effort to coordinate and work closely with different teams (Lending, Retail, and ecommerce, Credit Card, Call Centers, and Data Warehouse) to obtain test requirements and prepared overall conversion test plan.
- Accountable for capturing all executions and variations from plan and obtaining approvals from all the teams for audit.
- Managed all risks, issues, change requests, and escalation for the Program
- Closely tracked daily test progress and report quality metrics, managed escalations and provided recommendations to senior director and VPs
- Incorporated LOEs and test plans from teams into global conversion test strategy and test plan for upper management
- Provided Automation solutions to test teams
- Mentored test team for test maturity practices and efficiencies
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Senior ETL Consultant
- Designed and managed delivery of data driven automation for Remedy upgrade project which cut the testing cycles by 20%
- Transformed RACE testing practice to a fully automated solution which reduced the test execution time from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 days; this test automation framework was socialized and adopted enterprise wide and is in use to date
- Led test execution and of multi-year financial data warehouse projects of up to 15 test consultants