- Technical Test Lead with 11+ years of experience in QA/Software Testing across domains comprising Retail, Insurance, Auditing and Supply chain management, having sound knowledge of SDLC and various testing streams involving SOA, Data Warehousing and web testing, with exposure to multiple test automation tools.
- Test framework development skills using Groovy scripting and Java programming. Expertise in setting up Java based test frameworks for functional and regression testing.
- Expertise in SOA testing (of Web services) and Restful services.
- Experience in Manual and Automated testing and practical implementation of its concepts.
- Expert in test planning activities (Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Strategy, Test Automation Strategy)
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, System testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Implemented continuous development and continuous integration of test automation by leveraging Jenkins, Maven and SOAPUI automation scripts.
- Knowledge on JSON, XML, WSDL & SOAP Protocol.
- Web automation (front - end) using Java based (& Selenium) automation framework
- Good understanding of build management tools like ‘Maven’ and ‘Ant’.
- Have working experiences with Test management tools like Bugzilla, HP Quality Center and JIRA.
- Sound understanding of Data warehousing concepts and testing of Business Intelligence (BI) Reports. Wide ranging knowledge of SQL queries, with exposure to running SQL queries in Oracle, Teradata SQL assistant and SQL Server MS.
- Worked on Big Data (Hadoop Hive) and NOSQL database (Elastic Search)
- Assisted with the proposal and demonstration of a testing tool to the external client.
Language(s) used: SQL, JSON, XML, HTML, CSS, Groovy, Java, basic Linux commands
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Elastic Search (NO SQL Database), Apache Hive (Big Data)
Testing: Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User interface (UI) testing, Data warehouse Testing, Web Services Testing (both SOAP and REST services), Business Intelligence reports, Cloud-based testing (AWS)
Testing Automation Tool(s): BMC Control-m, Hermes-JMS (Tibco tool), prepared automated scripts using SOAPUI (using Groovy programming language) and Eclipse (using Java). Basic working experience of HP Service test and HP-QTP. Performance testing using the following tools - Jmeter and AWS Server-less framework using Lambda function.
Defect Management &Test Management Tool: JIRA, HP Quality Center and Bugzilla
Framework(s): Java Spring Framework, Selenium (web automation), Hibernate, JUnit and TestNG
Build Management tool(s): Maven and Ant
AWS: Kinesis, AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation scripts and Server less Artillery performance testing framework
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Test Lead (Automation)
Environment: /Tools: AWS, SOAP UI, Jmeter, Jenkins, GitHub, Teradata, Oracle, Eclipse, MS SQL Management Studio, HP Service test, Jira, Confluence and Slack.
- Developed an automated test framework using the SOAPUI open-source tool with the aid of Groovy scripts. This test framework performs a data setup and then validates that data across multiple databases (RDBMS and NOSQL data stores) at the click of a button. At the end of the test run, the SOAPUI tool also generates an automated test result report (in the form of HTML), in a format suggested by Business users.
- Developed a Java-based test harness, using which the team could perform both functional and regression testing. This test harness was used to run automated tests for the following components - SOA (Web services), Big Data (NOSQL data stores like Elastic Search), Rest APIs, User interfaces (UI) and RDBMS. The automated regression test suites were set up in compliance with the CI-CD model and it executes the tests from Monday through Friday at 8 am. The test results are updated real-time in JIRA (a test and defect management tool). This test framework was set up as a reusable artefact (testing teams across projects will be able to re-use the Java components and implement them in their respective projects).
- Extrapolated the test harness to test a web application by leveraging the Selenium framework.
- Enhanced the Java-based test framework to test components built on the cloud-based AWS (Amazon Web Services). This test framework helped the team to System test and Regression test applications on the client’s premises as well as on the cloud (AWS).
- Developed a Java API to connect to Hadoop HIVE (Big Data). Integrated this API into the existing Data warehousing test framework that was built by the Infosys Team. As a result of this integration, the QA team was able to verify the data migration from relation databases (Oracle/Teradata) to Hadoop (Big Data).
- Developed automated tests in Java to validate data in AWS modules (S3 and Kinesis) and ESB (Tibco) Topics/Queues. Re-used Server-less test framework (built using AWS Lambda) for performance testing REST APIs.
- System tested various Business Intelligence reports (MSTR) and validated the data against the respective database(s).
Offshore Test Lead
Environment: /Tools: RMS, AS400, Putty, MS SQL 2000, TOAD, OS (Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Mac), Browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari) and HP-QC.
- Validate the end to end process of a retail application (built using AS400) that’s interconnected to RMS (Oracle), SQL Server and other downstream applications.
- Liaise with Business Analyst(s) to understand the requirements and translate them into test scenarios.
- Prepare test artefacts (Test strategy document, Test plan, test cases and Test Exit reports).
- Applied SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Worked as a ‘defect prevention anchor’ (DP anchor) for the team. Utilized various statistical analysis techniques as part of the monthly DP activities.
- Conducted quarterly DP meetings with all the cross-functional teams and review the various statistics (e.g. defect ratio, test case efficiency) collected from various teams.
- Undertake UAT and GO-Live test support activities.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Software Test Engineer
Environment: /Tools: eAudit Application (web application) built in .Net, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
- Employed extensive web-testing techniques to validate a web-application.
- Business use-cases were drilled down and translated into functional test cases.
- Tested the functionality of the web application - functional and regression testing.
- Performed installation and uninstallation testing of the software on PCs/Laptops having different Operating system/configuration.
- Regular defect triage with onshore and offshore stakeholders.
- Worked as an internal Auditor in the team - undertook internal CMM-level audits on various teams (this was a monthly activity). This activity enabled the project team to reach CMM level 5 (during yearly external audit)
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Assistant Engineer - Testing
Environment: /Tools: AS400, HP Quality Center and QTP.
- Executed QTP automation scripts to test an insurance application.
- Debugged the test failures and proposed enhancements/corrections to the test scenarios.
- Daily onshore calls with the client Tester - test status/defects and the tasks for that day were discussed.
- System tested various functionalities of the application leveraging test design techniques like BVT and equivalence partitioning.
- Prepare test deliverables (test cases, test plan, traceability matrix) and log bugs - all these artefacts were maintained in HP Quality center.
- Was assigned the role of a ‘defect reviewer’ - I reviewed the defects raised by various team members and rated the quality of the defects (in terms of content and language). Feedbacks were provided to the team on a bi-weekly basis and
- Created training materials for new hires. These documents assisted the new hires to scale up on the test processes, tools and test strategies implemented for the project.