- Around 8 years of experience as a QA Automation Tester of Client/server, Cloud, Web Services and Web applications in Manual Testing as well as Automation testing using Java with Selenium. Worked on Retail, Healthcare, Banking, and Ecommerce domains.
- Experienced in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA Testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Automation testing and manual testing.
- Experience of working extensively in Agile Testing Environment (Agile /scrum model) and good expertise in attending Scrum calls, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid, Junit, TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Implemented Keyword, Data Driven framework, Hybrid framework, and advanced Framework Behavioral Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience in working with Test Driven development (TDD/BDD) by writing gherkins language in cucumber tool, creating Feature files, step definitions, Runner files.
- Automating Angular JS applications by using Protractor, Jasmine and Karma using Java script.
- Developing .spec and .config files for various scenarios in Protractor/Jasmine using “describe, it and expect”
- Using Maven Build Tool performed compiling of class, setting up Selenium2.0, download Java Client Libraries, create project, creating pom.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Using Jenkins achieved Continues Integration and continues Delivery, performed Background jobs and analyzed the pass or failed criteria in QA Environment
- Used Git and Git hub tools for maintaining the version controlling. Also integrated with Jenkins to run the latest version of code in the background.
- Local repository and central repository maintained using Push, Pull, and Clone commands maintained the code files.
- Well versed with Functional Testing (Unit Testing, Smoke testing, Integration Testing (Top Down, Bottom up Testing), Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing, Black box testing, Performance and System Testing.
- Experience in creation and execution of Test plans, Test Script and Test Cases for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Dealing with High level business quality, validating the client source system and targets data i.e. Finance systems, Mortgage, Medical Equipment’s, Ecommerce, Insurance.
- Extensively used Mercury Interactive Tools for testing the functional behavior of the application.
- Used external jars Jxl and Apache poi API's to get the test data from Excel sheets.
- Strong Experience in executing SQL queries to validate the data in the backend as part of Database Testing.
- Excellent working knowledge of designing & implementation of all QA test strategy plans manually and automated test solutions for client/server and Web applications with Mercury Interactive test suite.
- Also ERP systems integration test and data validation from client systems. Extensive Knowledge of validating the reports generated for client i.e. Cognos, and Business Objects and BODS integration.
- Challenged to Sales force cloud applications in the real business world, tested the applications whether they connecting to the existing servers or not.
- Experience in testing Web Services - SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Using SOAP UI Tool performed cross-platform Functional Testing involving XML messages, constructing different field values, data and validating HTTP Request and HTTP Response.
- Validated the data from the source systems and different databases, by sending the requests Using Soap UI, Ready API and Rest web services then captured the response from them.
- Extensively used Quality Center for specifying requirements, updating Test Cases, application testing status reporting, maintaining Test scripts and observing traceability.
- Tested applications developed in Mainframe, Java, and Visual Basic and so on.
- Involved in analyzing business and technical requirements and workflow of Software Development Life Cycle-SDLC.
- Updated skills with Mobile Web Automation Framework Angular JS in Jasmine, Protractor using this testing the AJAX components.
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Grid
- Junit/ TestNG
- Git, GitHub, SVN
- Jenkins, CI/CD
- Rest Assured
- SOAP UI/Ready API
- Oracle/SQL Server
- QC, ALM, Rally, JIRA
- Jasmine/ Karma
Confidential, Union, NJ
QA Automation Developer- SDET
- Involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodology.
- Expertise in Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI software testing.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Involved in Scratch implementation of BDD frame work, moved entire framework from hybrid to BDD by using POM, and creating Feature files, Step definitions, and Runner class. Using reports analyzed step by step fail and pass criteria.
- Automated AngularJS application module using protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Used karma as a test runner to execute the test scripts and experience in setting up the karma.config.js file with configurations
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to identify object locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium, Worked with Log4J, apache POI Library, J-unit.
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse
- Worked very closely with UI angular developers while automating the tests using protractor and Jasmine
- Designed and developed tests for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML, SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML, SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD framework model
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, TOAD, Java, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, XML, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, AngularJS Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Java Script, Mobile, REST,SOAP, HTML, Android, Cucumber, Gherkin
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Selenium Tester - SDET
- As a QA tester, was involved in assisting and participate in planning, organizing the test schedules, test suites, test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional.
- Designed and developed Hybrid automation framework and maintained the code in Git and used continuous integration(CI) tools to schedule the jobs
- Extensively used the Selenium methods to build the framework and run the test scripts.
- Extensively used POM model to create the reusability of same objects for different tests.
- Using TestNG annotations controlled the entire test. Generated the clear web html reports for analysis purpose.
- Used Soap UI and Ready API for testing the web Services by the request and response time by the help of WSDL file and XML data. Added various assertions and did a data driven by getting the data from excel sheet.
- Given some assertions to find out the pass and failure criteria of response from the systems.
- Involved in the TestNG framework Automated test suites using Jenkins in the background.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality center for reporting and logging the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
- Automated android mobile app using Appium by configured the emulators and on the real devices and executed scripts by taking the .apk file from the dev team
- Good knowledge on setting the capabilities for working on various browsers.
- Executed the positive and negative test case for regression testing and took the screen shots for validation of test case.
- Responsible for writing automated test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts for regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Automation Framework implementation for UFT / QTP.
- Executed test scripts from quality center
- Conducted System Testing, Functionality Testing and Configuration Testing as well as stress testing.
- Responsible for creating Test plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, and mapping business requirements to test cases.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Integration Testing as well as UAT testing.
- Automated the test cases by using Java with Selenium environment, back end test using SQL.
- Interacted with Developers and Project Managers to follow up on Defects/Issues.
- Participated in various team meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification requests.
Environment: Selenium, Appium, android, SDK, Emulator, TestNG, JUnit, Jenkins, Git, Quality Center 9.2, DB2, Java, XML,SOAP,REST,SOAPUI, HTML, Excel, Word. PL/SQL, Agile Methodologies
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in preparing Test plans and Test cases based on business requirement documents.
- Involved in Updating Test plan, Writing Test Cases, Executing Test cases. Used Quality Center to write Test cases.
- Developed TestNG framework for the application to automate. Used Jxl. jars to get the data from excel sheets
- Generated reports and analyzed the pass and failed criteria in the test cases.
- Prepared Test plan and Test specifications based on Functional Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Developed Test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Tested insured vehicles and health records submitted by persons. Closing dates with existed data base by writing the SQL commands.
- Imported client data from the data stage target systems and SAP where house systems to Excel and conducted the data validation, by comparing the existing files in the data base.
- Using all manual test cases wrote Selenium Automation scripts to run in the background through Jenkins.
- Conducted data driven testing using Selenium, and compared the data back end data from the servers i.e. simultaneous translations and Interpreted confidential documents and professional translation services etc.
- Designed Selenium scripts, parameterized them, and validated them to suit the functionality of the application by using Security and Regression Testing.
- Measured the response time at different points in the application.
- Used Quality Center for requirement analysis, scheduling and generating test cases.
- Re-executed the Tests for the corresponding volumes and made sure that the parameters are within the acceptable limits after the fixes are done by the environment support team.
- Prioritized and classified the bugs. Generated and tracked the defects using bug tracking tool.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center, Java, QTP/UFT,SQL, Oracle, Windows XP/Vista.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Tester
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Implemented Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Created Maven and SVN to create nightly automation script.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Worked on acceptance testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Maintain the scripts in using the version control tool SVN (Apache Subversion).
- Tested web-based application on different operating systems such as Windows, Vista and different browsers such as IE, chrome, Firefox.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Attend the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Edited and debug tests using Selenium Participated in meeting, teleconferences walk through with the development team, QA manager and Project manager (PM).
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, MVC, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Firebug, Firepath, XPATH, XML, DOM, SVN, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL and Windows.
- Configured application-flow, controlling logic and navigation.
- Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements.
- Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases. Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
- Implemented SQL queries for database interaction.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed high level design documents, Use case documents, detailed design documents and Unit Test Plan documents and created Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE Design patterns.
- Configured Web Application Context as a Context Listener in the web.xml file to Integrating Spring with JSF.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate framework in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality.
- Involved in performance tuning of the application to meet non-functional requirements.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, JDBC, SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Windows, Bugzilla.