- Forward - thinking technology professional with over 10 years of broad expertise collaborating with cross-functional internal and external clients to drive innovative QA solutions for seamless operations in diverse arenas.
- Detail-oriented team leader and dedicated team player with proven success managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Analytical problem-solver with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leverages software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Agile (SCRUM and Kanban), Waterfall, V-Shaped and standard QA software testing methods in mobile, web and client-server platforms.
- Drives results by escalating project issues and process gaps to allow business to be in position to successfully optimize requirement development.
- Creates, maintains and updates test strategy, test plans and project plans based on overall project and/or release requirements.
- Champions delivery of executing test plans and test cases in a timely manner and maintains linkage of test cases to requirements to ensure testing compliance.
- Collaborates effectively with fellow team members, anticipating technical limitations/glitches to ensure smooth system deployments and holding self-accountable to log and disposition defects to resolution.
- Traverses through functional and technical deliverables such as requirements, UX design and functional/technical design documentation to ensure build and testing adheres to required functionality.
- Engages with multiple stakeholders across company to ensure all processes and requirements are accurately defined.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Hardware: PC, Mac
Mobile Devices: iPad, iPhone, Android Handsets/Tablets, Windows Phone, Blackberry Handsets
Applications and Tools: JIRA, VersionOne, ALM/Quality Center, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Katalon Studio, Firebug, Jama, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Confluence, Urban Airship
Testing Frameworks: Have familiarity with Selenium WebDriver and TestNG
IDEs: Have familiarity with Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
Languages Tested: Java, Swift, Objective C, C#, SQL
Databases: Teradata, DB2, Microsoft Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Edge, Mobile Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Native Chrome, Native Handset
Content Management Systems: Lakana, Medley
App Package Files: iOS Application Package, .ipa, Android Application Package, .apk e-Commerce Software Platform WebSphere Commerce System (WCS)
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Led the manual testing deliverables for the company’s Student Assessment and Analytics SaaS platform to drive K-12 technology solutions.
- Transformed functional, business and system knowledge into effective test case planning and execution.
- Deployed builds in Jenkins and analyzed build failures to determine root cause.
- Comfortably partnership across technology teams to include Product Owners, Full Stack Software Engineers, UI/UX Engineers, Data Integration, DevOps and QA Engineer peers to collaborate and communicate issues/risks to make the process visible, effective and on-time.
- Direct experience with test planning and test execution of exploratory, smoke, functional, integration, regression and end-to-end testing within a hybrid of agile and waterfall environments.
- Championed hotfix candidate tickets to be prioritized that got released daily or weekly into production dependent upon the severity.
- Provided demos of features tested within each release cycle to QA peers and QA manager.
- Tracked and dispositioned bugs/defects in Jira.
- Provided technical mentorship to junior QA Engineers.
- Strong ability to excel in a fast paced, demanding and challenging environment with success.
- Continued to analyze and test multiple simple-to-complex customer features within each release cycle.
- Successfully executed, on-time, hundreds of manual regression tests for six releases per school year.
QA MOBILE ENGINEER
- Led activities related to project work such as daily stand up meetings, sprint demos, retrospect’s and planning’s, working closely with project managers, developers, product managers, product owners, business analysts and UX design using agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Created functional test plans and test scenarios derived from business requirements, acceptance criteria and UX designs.
- Used VersionOne to manage testing efforts such as functional, integration and regression tests, as well as to raise defects and failed tests to manage their progression status throughout sprint.
- Monitored and validated mobile app network traffic requests and responses using Charles Proxy.
- Improved established processes, policies, standards and procedures to maintain compliance, and ensured team comprehended and applied established processes, policies, standards and procedures driven by QA metrics.
- Led quality assurance effort from requirements analysis to post-launch product support, and ensured highest quality implementations from development through QA to production.
- Managed ability to surface tasks in project plan, break down larger tasks into sub tasks and provide LOE for these tasks. Pushed back when needed and advised where technical flaws may have been foreseen in order to meet highest standards of quality implementation.
- Used Urban Airship application to set up and perform test validation of push notifications, and used content management systems when necessary to validate code implementation.
- Provided analysis and testing initiatives in joint contribution and collaboration with launching redesigned native digital media mobile news apps across 10 news stations on both Android and iOS platforms for Cox Media Group’s technology team.
- Served as lead QA engineer for a team of one that continued to successfully test and deliver on-time user stories supporting business and software teams for each two-week sprint.
QC TEST MANAGER
- Used hybrid of agile and waterfall test methodologies to determine integrated testing solutions such as cross-dependencies between organizations and programs.
- Conducted E2E testing which encompasses entire customer experience, including sales, ordering, provisioning, activation, billing, payment processing and customer service.
- Created, maintained and updated test strategy, test plans and project plans based on overall project and/or release requirements. Mentored junior level testers in test standards and test tools.
- Verified and validated application development through use of industry standard testing techniques and guidelines such as integration, system, functional, regression, security and accessibility testing.
- Performed verification of requirements that were traceable to test scenarios and test cases in ALM/Quality Center.
- Replicated and reported defects in ALM/QC, and retested defect fixes and disposition results.
- Provided analysis and testing initiatives in joint contribution and collaboration with launching new product line for Confidential & Confidential (Digital Life), which provides home automation and security.
- Instituted delivery of new functionality by leading testing efforts on three projects that increased end user’s ability to have more customer friendly user experience by interacting with Digital Life web application and mobile native apps.
- Served as lead QA test analyst for native mobile app used with Windows Phone platform, successfully testing and delivering on-time business epics and stories tied to specific Windows Phone mobile operating system.
- Provided quality assurance analysis and testing using hybrid of agile and waterfall methodologies for Home Depot’s e-commerce software platform, WCS on homedepot.com.
- Prepared QA metrics daily to communicate capital project testing efforts and potential showstoppers to back-end QA lead.
- Utilized quality center to house and execute test cases, and triaged defects for front-end web development team. Utilized sanity, smoke, functional, regression, integration and uat testing methods.
- Seasoned QA analyst accountable for ensuring successful launch of web-based projects on homedepot.com that was error-free and adhered to best practices to generate revenue.
- Managed testing efforts for a major enterprise initiative that ultimately led to noteworthy deployment of the search engine optimization (SEO) project on homedepot.com.
- Test lead for a redesign of functionality of the Installation Services pages that generated installation appointments with licensed contractors via an Inline Service Form on homedepot.com.
- QA champion for front-end development team and creative team, including web designers and editors, whose workload more than tripled from start date to end.