- Jeffery Broadie is currently a QA Lead Mobile Apps Tester for the company Confidential . Prior to that he has worked as an Independent QA Software Consultant in the areas of networking, system & database analysis, design and development.
- Interpersonal skills, to facilitate creation of test cases
- Organizational skills to manage a wide array of testing information
- Proven experience in execution of software testing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality control best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to acquire Application/business domain knowledge with very little assistance
- Substantial exposure to project - based work structures
- Ability to understand organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Detail-oriented individual who can be relied on to produce accurate deliverables
- ALM, JIRA, Agile Methodology, Trello, Basic SQL/executing queries skills, Microsoft Office expert level,
- VISIO, pivot tables/v-lookups, Remedy, Service Now, Gemini, SWIFT Database (UAT, SIT, DEV, PROD), RMAs, SCOM Management, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2003/2004 and some Server 2008
- Use Cases, Master Test Plan (MTP), Test Strategy, creating Test Cases, writing Test Scripts, Product Studio, EPIC, Legacy, Meditech, Radar, IDM, MSS, BRDs Wholesale, Citrix, SIDE, TIBCO, and FSDs.
- Basic Java, Autocad, 10 Key/Data Entry, Multisim, Subnetting, and VLSM..
QA Lead Mobile Apps Tester
- Helped oversee on multiple successful projects ( Corporate Whitelabel, Corporate Admin Nonprofit Portal, Universal Web Page Portal, Confidential main website, Usher New Look project, Techweek Chicago (ubackforgood.com/techweek), GoCivic (gocivicchicago.org) and App store/Google Play store app Confidential updates) for Confidential .
- Created the full test data/conditions for the GoCivic and Techweek Chicago projects
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test scenarios for multiple mobile app and web version projects.
- Execute script testing for both multiple iOS (8.0, 9.0) and Android (4.0, 4.4, 5.1, and 6.0) devices.
- Regression test changes made to the staging and production version of the Confidential app on multiple device to ensure all UI and functions work properly.
- Ensure business requirements are mapped to the functional specifications and have sufficient test coverage.
- Create, maintain, and update daily tracker spreadsheet that consists of iOS/Android user stories along with regression testing for production changes.
- Led some scrum meetings that consisted of developers, product managers, and higher-level key people of the Confidential company.
- Work in the Agile/Scrum development process and log/track defects in JIRA and Trello applications.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs in JIRA and Trello.
- Help to estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities for the scope of multiple projects.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) - to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. Ensured proper communication of bugs to developers and other senior members.
- Precise focus on deadlines and deliverables ensuring finding bad defects/bugs quickly
Software Conversion and Integration Tester
- Work actively as a conversion tester to ensure that the existing data from the previous application remains the same as its being converted to the new application.
- Perform validation and re-validation testing efforts to ensure that all files/values match in both Epic and Legacy systems.
- Maintain, monitor, and update various defect log spreadsheets during testing when defects have been located in files of Epic or Meditech applications by team members.
- Keep track of daily file log spreadsheets for the testing team as each team member updates their progress for their daily testing efforts.
Access Control Queue Master Admin
- Responsible for managing the queues between tiers 1,2, and 3 on the access side.
- For Family Dollar/Dollar Tree corporate users and store managers I modify, delete, and add rights to their profiles in multiple databases such as IDM and MSS.
- Remote into Family Dollar/Dollar Tree stores to run updates and unlock registers/kiosks for different branches.
- Organize the on call schedules for all the corporate teams for Family Dollar corporate headquarters.
SWIFT Applications/Business Systems Support Analyst
- Was a liaison between my technology team and the client/stakeholders for projects. Took information from the BRDs from the client and transferred the information to an FSD. Used the information to create new test scripts and new user cases that I would test in the lower environments and then apply to the FSD once done.
- Once the test scripts were created I tested them in System Integration Testing( (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environments. Put results into the FSD and created a PowerPoint presentation. I then presented the Power point internally to my managers and then once approved presented the same presentation to the stakeholders. Once the stakeholders approved the presentation, I then would apply the testing efforts now into production so they would go LIVE for the client on the agreed upon date.
- Project support including life cycle implementation on SWIFT system servers. Weekly/Monthly projects including: FSDs, implementing plan documents, routing rule changes,testing environment setups, creating CRs, verification meetings, and production implementations.
- Daily On-Call Support included: message/system issue support, user accessing issue support on multiple application systems (SAA, SAG, SIDE, TIBCO), RMA testing support, BIC LT connection support, and impact alert FIN messages.
Software Test Analyst
- Developed and Implemented Test suites, which include features like Data Driven, Database Checks, Batch, and Functions.
- Created test plans, decided testing strategies.
- Written test cases for - unit level, functional and integration testing.
- Effective defect tracking and reporting to improve communications and reduce delay.
- Logging Variances / defects
- Logging Change Control Requests
- Working with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Creating and Generating System test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
Microsoft 0-365 Application/Production Support Specialist
- Handle Microsoft Federal/Dedicated SDEs/tickets dealing with SharePoint, Exchange, OCS, LiveMeeting and Identity/Provision servers. I remote into different servers to troubleshoot and debug ticket problem before determining whether to escalate to the next group. Used basic SQL to pull data from certain tickets in dedicated environments.
- Created SDEs/tickets for customers and updated them with new information as each step was taken to resolve issue within a manageable timeframe.. Gave customer/client support feedback while updating ticket with new information to keep them on top of what’s going on as the issue is being worked on.
- Also handled phone conferences/Mitcomms with other server teams (i.e. Exchange, Lync, SharePoint) members when dealing with customers’ servers being looked into and needing to be worked on. Escalated tickets in a timely manner to ensure immediate handling of ticket with proper teams.
Charlotte Bobcats Arena (IT intern)
- Troubleshoot minor problems such as locked out passwords and pins.
- Set up new hardware like monitors and CPUs.
- Upload new software to the network server.
- Set up home and away feeds for the television stations.