Results oriented Software QA Professional with extensive experience in new product development. More than 20 years of progressive responsibility for software development and product quality. A versatile leader, who possesses excellent coaching, problem solving and planning skills with an ability to motivate staff and build teams. Diplomatic and tactful at all levels with exceptional communication skills.
Operating systems: MS Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX/LINIX, Windows Embedded
Networks/Databases: Novell, Windows NT/Server 2000, Oracle, DB2/UDB, SQL Server
Programming languages: VB Script, Java Script, C/C++
Web/Integration: HTML, XML, Flash MX, SOAP, MQ, ESB
Test automation tools: CA DevTest and SV, HP Unified Functional Test, HP Service Test Professional, Selenium (WebDriver, WebDriver I/O, Appium)
Test Development/Management: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA
Project Management: MS Office, MS Project, IBM Lotus Notes, MS SharePoint, Confluence
Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for managing team of Quality Assurance/Test Automations engineers and technical leads.
- Direct management of full time employees - hiring, mentoring, performance/development planning, quarterly performance reviews, compensation and career action plans.
- Budget planning and management, resources allocation across multiple business areas and projects.
- Management of contract and consulting resources in managed services outsourcing and staff augmentation engagements. Negotiated vendor contracts, SOWs, worked with staffing providers to achieve most cost-effective solutions.
- Management of offshore teams from multiple vendors, worked directly with offshore management to establish required skillset, domain knowledge and expected quality of deliverables for team resources.
- Responsible for defining and directing Specialized Test practice for Kroger Technology QA Center of Excellence. Directed research, selection and implementation of Test Automation strategy, Test architecture and Automation tools for Agile and Legacy development processes.
- Established combined practice with Integration Development teams to create guidelines and methodology for Enterprise Data Management, Data Quality standards and Test Data Management.
- Directed implementation of Enterprise Mobile testing strategy, Enterprise Service Virtualization and Service Test infrastructure, and Enterprise Data Test and Validation automation approach.
- Responsible for defining test automation approach to support Enterprise level Lean/Agile transformation initiative.
Sr. Quality Engineer/QA Lead
- Lead teams of Test Engineers, managed daily activities and provided technical training for team resources across multiple business areas and projects
- Responsible for creating test plan and test execution documentation, producing test reports and test metrics
- Used JIRA and HP Quality Center to create, maintain and execute test cases and manage defects workflow for all test phases of the project
- Managed and coordinate test execution with development and test teams from Integration services, Payroll systems, Corporate Security and Employees Contracts Management
- Lead test execution in Integration, System Test and Pilot Production phases, coordinating User Acceptance testing with Business teams
- Responsible for creating test plan and test execution documentation, produced test reports and test metrics
- Managed and coordinated test execution with cross functional teams from Integration services, Payroll systems, Corporate Security and Employees Contracts Management
- Lead test execution in Integration, System Test and Pilot Production phases, coordinated User Acceptance testing with Business teams
ConfidentialSenior Test Engineer
- Worked with client business team and offsite development team to provide test services in implementation of new ERP system
- Responsible for creating business specific test plan, test cases and defects workflow system for pilot release of Blue Cube ERP based custom solution.
- Executed test cases for Web-based UI configuration, Back Office system and 3rd party interfaces
- Specific area of responsibility - Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, Financial Reports and POS Transactions
- Worked with client development team to create complete test design structure. Reviewed business requirements and created specific product use cases. Created and executed test plan to achieve maximum test coverage.
- Performed all aspects of manual test case verification. Documented all product non-compliance issues. Logged defects and product anomalies.
- Created automated regression test suite for UI environment using TestComplete.
- Provided project status updates and test completion metrics. Communicated overall product release quality to management team.
Confidential, Milford, Ohio
Test Engineering Manager
- Responsible for software development project management involving projects with budgets over 2 million dollars and multiple onsite/offsite development teams.
- Provided direct supervision and management of all test/QA personnel including hiring, mentoring, goal setting and performance measurement.
- Implemented Agile (iterative) software development process resulting in delivery of higher quality software within tight schedule.
- Introduced concept of risk-based software test approach to corporate management team. Created, implemented and refined risk-based approach to software QA that is geared towards problem prevention and reduction in development cycle time.
- Identified appropriate test methodologies for new product development and maintenance of existing products to improve overall operational effectiveness.
- Specified test structure/architecture for all new software product development. Researched, evaluated and oversaw implementation of automated test tools appropriate for each project.
Test Team Leader
- Managed development test functions for both hardware and software products. Contributed to quality improvement processes and represented quality and test concerns in product planning activities. Provided leadership, resource management and directly participated in cross-functional development projects.
- Created justifications for capital requisitions for new test equipment, defined test processes through which this equipment would be utilized and the incremental benefits accrued from its utilization
- Responsible for creation of design verification documents and acceptance plans for all new software and hardware product development.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management, including hiring, training, performance reviews and project assignments for all Hardware, Software and Manufacturing engineers in Test Engineering department.
Senior Test Engineer
- Performed functional, compatibility, integration and stress testing on software products. Applied regression and benchmark tests using automated test routines.
- Compiled test data and communicated results to management team, development team and technical support personnel. Reviewed and corrected errors in the product documentation and online help files.
- Responded to critical problems interfering with product development and provided real time solutions.
- Developed automated test procedures utilizing User Interface (UI), Data Object Model (DOM) and Application Program Interface (API) programming interfaces.
- Created automated regression frameworks using Rational Visual Test and Seque QA Partner software packages.