Obtain a position with an organization where I can build and implement a process driven team, with a passion for what they do and a desire to exceed customer expectations. Improve the manufacturing process using my skills, quality assurance, and lean, six sigma, program development, and training experience. I like the difficult assignments. Developing the process and building a functional outstanding team with passion. To develop an eager “passion for the process” and “Customer Focused” team...
SUMMARY of QUALIFICATIONS:
- Process Engineering
- Manufacturing / Production Supervision
- Skilled Trades Supervision
- Union and Non - Union Experience
- Team Leadership / Team Development
- Internal / External Supplier Scheduling and Management
- Lean Master Methodology / Continuous Improvement
- Lean / CI Engineer
- Manager / Certified Trainer Shop Floor Kaizen
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Quality Engineer
- ISO 14001 auditor
- OHSAS 18001 auditor
- Safety & Environmental Training
- Hazardous Materials Response / Management
- DOT Hazardous Materials
- Confidential machining, programming, and operation
- Foundry, casting, machining, anodizing, and operations, management
- U-cell engineering, and management
- Blue print and layout reading and enforcement
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of team members; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Develops Team Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned Team Members
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the tasks in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Ensure production output matches orders and that customer requirements are respected and shipments met.
Process Engineer / Environmental Engineer
- Worked as a Process Engineer for the bending process of the automotive windshield bending process.
- Developed process guidelines for the department, implemented Lean CI process to the organization, establishing doing the same thing (correctly) in every process, identified the BEST practice process and implemented it through all the similar processes, established Work Instructions dealing with process parameters and quality issues.
- I conducted 14 Kaizen events to improve the production and efficiency of the process.
- Was a problem solver by trade, when the process went awry? I became the plant Environmental Engineer at the beginning of 2012, when the current Environmental Engineer left the organization.
- I developed a recycling program that accomplished a plant recycling goal of 97% of all material used and Zero landfill for all of 2012.
- Was involved with Safety, MSDS, and Capital improvement projects. Successfully passed an n ISO 14001 Audit in early 2012.
Confidential, Connersville, Indiana
Genesis/ Environmental Engineer / Quality Engineer
- Extruder of aluminum profiles for the transportation and construction industry.
- Lean - Continuous Improvement Manager and Quality Engineer for the facility with 145 employees, two extrusion presses, currently producing and shipping 5.8 million pounds a month.
- I develop and perform Lean / Quality training for the facility.
- I conducted 24 Kaizen events to improve the production of the process.
- Meet and understand the needs of our customers to relay back to the development of our operators.
- I deal with CARs and customer issues develop quality documents for our profiles, IE: Prints, Packing Prints, Inspection Status Reports, Quality Focus Forms, etc.
- Establish and maintain quality checks, and quality policy.
- Develop PPAP s, and PFEMAS for new product, placed new product prints into the ASCONA for measuring.
Confidential, Sidney, Ohio
Process Engineer / Environmental Engineer
- Manufacturer of acoustical / thermal products for the automobile industry.
- Maintained process improvement through use of vital statistics of the equipment (presses and tooling) Manpower, and Methods used.
- Establish a “value-added”, “Sustainable”, and “Repeatable” process with high OEE. Establish and refine “Work Instructions” for ALL personnel in the organization.
- Reduce and eliminate Quality and Waste issues. Environmental Representative: Monitor and improve conditions for all water, disposal, and OEPA air permits.
- Conducted 42 Kaizen events to improve the conditions of the process.
- Reduced material usage by 16% by realigning the process and cutting material closer to finished product dimensions.
- Reduced scrap finished goods from 9% to 3% by increased preventive maintenance.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, Indiana
CSM Manager/Process Engineer/Environmental Engineer
- Manufacturer of windshields for the automotive industry.
- Lead “Culture Change” for the “Lean - Continuous Improvement” Process.
- Conduct all Lean Training and Shop Floor Kaizen events. Implement Value added - vs.
- Non-Value Added trainings and strategies. Re-enforce us of TPS, and TPM processes. Establish a “value-added”, “Sustainable”, and “Repeatable” process with high OEE.
- Establish and refine “Work Instructions” for ALL personnel in the organization. Reduce and eliminate Quality and Waste issues.
- Worked with a Confidential connected with the Confidential to invite an inspection of our Lean CI process from Toyota Supplier Support Center.
- Passed with “FLYING COLORS”. Conducted employee trainings and 36 Kaizen events.
- Using “Kaizen” floor event reduced oven line change over from 6 hours to 1 hour and 45 minutes. Increasing production time and availability time. improved the plants Lean audit score from last in the 15 plants to number 2 out of the 15.
- Leading the 5S training and Shop floor Kaizen events to prepare a non-running line for a visit from a potential new product from BMW. We did win the new business.
Manufacturing Supervisor / Lean Engineer
- Manufacturer of Class “A” safety, Brake systems for Confidential ; master cylinders, calipers, brake pads, drum brake assemblies, power boosters, anti-lock braking systems.
- Supervised and engineered assembly and machining cells from large transfer cells. Established small, quick change-over U cells for assembly and 5 operator Confidential machining cells, increasing production and efficiency.
- Through the reduction of change over times was able to eliminate the need for large bank of pre-manufactured parts in storage for delivery.
- I supervised up to 75 UAW employees, championing their Safety, Lean CI activities, Quality goals, Production success and Shipping success.
- I also managed a team of engineers for Confidential / Delphi (12), from Manufacturing, Quality, and Electrical Engineers, leading them in Lean CI efforts and Capital projects.