- Established test automation framework for managing all aspects of Functional and Performance testing using HP automation tools and Selenium.
- Established and setup complete QA process by transitioning from traditional waterfall to more agile driven approach.
- Hired, Trained and mentored the resources engaged in software testing and application support activities. Managed onsite and offshore teams with 5 - 30 resources engaged in manual testing, test automation, Triage and application support efforts.
Issue/Bug Tracking: JIRA, Quality Center (11.0), Rational Test Manager, REMEDY and ServiceNow
Browser Testing: IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Test Automation: Quick Test Professional (8.5-11.5), LoadRunner (6.0-11.5), Selenium Web driver 2.0, UFT
Performance monitoring: HP Site Scope, Diagnostics, and Perfmon
Scripting Languages: Java, Visual Basic, SQL and Python.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Established process for the execution and maintenance of daily smoke testing for OnStar application. Daily execution involved 65 test scenarios.
- Set-up the daily reporting and project updates to various stack holders.
- Successfully implemented end user’s SLA requirements. This was done to ascertain that the application was available for manual team members to test new features released for testing.
- Established the escalation and triage process for the defect tracking system using HP Quality Center 11.0 and Performance management tool.
- Coordinated with manual team leads and identified tests which can be automated using HP QTP 11.5. The automation effort reduced the overall test cases execution time of the manual team by 30 working hours of effort. Through automation we were able to run approx. 475 regression test cases twice a week.
- Participated in UAT testing of the new releases for completing the project milestone and meeting the deadline.
- Interacted with Business and IT regarding projects, releases and issues. Escalated to appropriate person(s) as needed. Helped and managed the triage process.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked as a direct report to Director of Application support. Acted as First Point of Contact and the VOC (Voice of the Customer) for application’s (over 100 applications) functional issues escalated by regional heads and corporate users of Confidential worldwide.
- Provided on-call and weekend after hours support as needed.
- Provided Tier-3 support for issues as and when escalated by Tier-2 offshore teams for meeting the SLAs requirements. Documented Cause and Resolution details under “Knowledge base’ for handling future escalations.
- Led the support teams in US and offshore (in India, Manila and china) on product support for new applications. Imparted training and knowledge transfer to cross-functional teams.
- Mentored UAT (User Acceptance Testing) leads in test planning, test design and testing techniques Provided direction and hands-on assistance as and when needed for UAT leads through all phases of testing and end-to-end management.
- Managed onshore and offshore testing resources. Coordinated releases and bug fixes with Business Leads and IT development team to ensure that the released features were fully tested before deploying to Production Systems.
- Designed the hybrid automation framework to automate the test cases. Used subversion for test script management. Monitored and instructed test resources on proper procedures to ensure test compliance.
- Created reporting (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) for Development and Product team managers. Prepared defect metrics and QA findings. Prepared QA Project Closeout Report.
- Performed impact and gap analysis for different applications under test. Analyzed and suggested for improvement to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Lead
- Managed onshore and offshore testing resources. Coordinated releases with Business Leads and IT to ensure QA department is able to fully test changes before releasing to Production.
- Led the test automation efforts for all the applications developed for COX newspaper sites.
- Established and designed the data driven QTP framework for test automation.
- Redesigned requirements for High School Sports and Entertainment Management System.
- Created test driven development philosophy that integrates with agile methodology for Entertainment Management and Endeca project.
- Supervised the automation test efforts and helped the resource while developing reusable automation test scripts using QTP 11.0.
- Managed web service testing efforts. Used Microsoft Excel as the data source to assert XML data response by using SOAPUI.
- Developed Performance Team to build measurable goals and metrics for Ad Management System and Entertainment Management projects.
- Worked as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Ad Management System,
- Worked as an Administrator for Defect tracking and reporting system “Quality Center” and provided support to Project / Product Managers.
- Created test plan and execution scenarios for performance testing of Ad management system. The scenarios involved performance tuning of Credit card authorization and Summary page. These pages were taking more than 120 seconds to load against the specified target levels.
- Monitored application servers, database servers, middleware and web transactions while conducting load tests under different user loads and server settings. We used Loadrunner 9.5.
- Tracked various applications from a single console, making it cost effective.
- Worked with the following Performance test plan strategy. This test was done with large volume data once the baseline was established.
- Separate tests were run combining all the above 4 scripts with Initial data parametization and monitoring debugging steps within the script..
- Conducted for validating application behavior (Regression testing) while conducting the Stress test for all the above four baselines.
- Performed for establishing new baselines.
- Performed to determine whether the amount of stored data impacts databases server performance.
- This was done to establish that all the connections to database were released once the users were logically logged out and server resources were brought to normal usage levels.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Participated in all phases of the SDLC, from requirements definition through implementation. Additionally developed testing strategies and coordinated the testing activities with stakeholders during UAT phase.
- Managed the on-site testing resources. Coordinated testing efforts for six releases of COSMOS (versions 2.0-3.0) application.
- Coordinated releases with Business Leads and IT to ensure QA department is able to fully test changes and bug fixes before upgrading to Production Systems.
- Developed Project status reports for software testing.
- Developed Quality Metrics Reporting system for management review after each release.
- Supported and trained other QA members from the cross functional teams in developing automated test scripts using Rational Robot.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Established entire QA process and developed the initial testing team.
- Hired and managed a team of 10 testing resources. Maintained staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Interacted with Business and IT regarding projects, releases and issues. Escalated to appropriate person(s) as needed.
- Implemented two major releases for Confidential .
- The first release was specific to launching the updated version of Confidential site wherein the system was changed from NT to UNIX based system using JSP and Weblogic. All aspects of Functional and Performance testing efforts were completed within the project mile stone.
- The second implementation was CO-Branding of Confidential with Amazon.com and Yahoo.com.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Defined appropriate technical architecture for solutions.
- Developed requirements and implementation plans. Wrote functional requirement document for a specific release.
- Developed automated test strategy for Performance tuning of NetTrack application.
- Participated effectively contributed in all phases of the SDLC - Business Analysis, Technical Design, Testing and Deployment.
- Participated in UAT testing with cross functional team members.