- Senior Automation QA Engineer with 8 years of SDLC, STLC experience that includes sound understanding and analyzing business/functional requirements, preparing test plans, test strategies, identifying test scenarios and writing test cases, conducting test review meetings, writing automation test scripts for Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Web Services, BDD using Cucumber, Angular Testing with Protractor, Selenium, Appium in various domains like Networking, Insurance, Banking, HealthCare, Private portals.
- Experience in working with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and STLC following Agile (SPRINT/SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and reviewed Business Requirement Specification documentation and participated in preparing Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories, participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions and Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Experience in the field of Software Testing with good exposure in Quality Assurance and Testing Process along with Automation Tools Expertise.
- Expert in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with different components of Selenium such as Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid and tools JUnit, TestNG.
- Proficient in configuring, customizing and using testing tools like Cucumber, HP Quick Test Professional 10.0,11 Quality Center 9.5, 10.0, Neustar tool, Jira, Selenium (Web Driver), AppDynamics, Newrelic, AWS, Fastly, GitHub, and Jenkins, git, github.
- Implemented different automation frameworks like Data Driven Framework, Keyword - Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Development Framework/Acceptance Test-Driven Development Framework (BDD/TDD), and Page Object Model (POM).
- Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG to execute automated test cases in parallel and prioritizing the Test cases using TestNG framework.
- Proficient in multiplatform (Windows, Linux) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) using Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs.
- Used the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameters, Data Provider for grouping, Prioritizing of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for system and functional testing.
- Experience in writing Automation Test Scripts for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium. Tested on Real Devices, Emulators and Simulators.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources like excel sheets.
- Experienced in BDD using Cucumber in Gherkin format by creating feature files, step definitions and Cucumber Runner classes.
- Used AutoIt tool for automation of window based components like uploading files system.
- Worked extensively in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAPUI, Postman, RestAssured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Performed Smoke, Sanity, Integration, Functional, System, Database, Regression tests, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT) on multiple projects.
- Performed operations on the database using JDBC APIs, SQL to validate UI with Database.
- Created standardized SQL scripts and necessary Database Restoration Scripts to support repeatable test script execution.
- Expertise in using different web-debugging tools like Firebug and Fire Path for finding elements.
- Expert in finding elements using Xpath starts-with, text and contains attributes and using locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link text, Xpath, Cssselector.
- Used Protractor to test Angular 2 web applications using Type Script, JSON and Java Script. Performed Data Driven testing using TypeScript, JSON.
- Implemented Selenium Synchronization Techniques like Implicit Wait and Explicit Wait using the WebDriver.
- Expertise in problem solving and tracking Bug Reports using Test management tools like Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from Git and for regression report generation.
- Performed unit testing using Junit/TestNG, integration and deployment of applications done using tools such as Maven and used JMeter for performance testing.
- Used Maven for build management and Git for source code management.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Strong Communication skills and good experience in working in stressful team environment, and with a good planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium (WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid), TestNG, JIRA, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, PostMan, Rest Assured, JMeter, APPIUM, Protractor, Jasmine
Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, BDD, Hybrid, Page Object Model.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, FirePath, TOAD, and Putty.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM & Quality Center, Bugzilla.
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CssSelector.
Programming tools/Languages: C, Java, Java Script, SQL, Groovy, Gherkin.
Database: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Operating systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Other: Rally, Jira, AutoIT, Apache POI, MS Word, MS Excel, JSON
Confidential, Lombard, IL
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories in Agile and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Responsible for creating Test Plan, Test Strategy, identifying Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Automated and Manual Testing based on the functional specification for the Functional, Regression, GUI Usability and System Testing.
- Worked with web based applications developed using JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP/Restful) and Spring Framework.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts using Java.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Performed GUI testing by analyzing mockup screens provided by client.
- Implemented Hybrid framework, Data driven framework with Page Object Model.
- Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing scenarios using various tools like TestNG along with Selenium framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver with TestNG to automate tests in parallel and priorities of the Test cases are set using TestNG framework.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider, Parameters Annotations.
- Used Apache POI to read the test data from external sources like excel sheets.
- Generated Extent reports for Selenium Automation Testing.
- Took screenshots using TestNG listeners by implementing ITestListener interface method onTestFailure and configured listeners in testNG.xml.
- Used AutoIT tool in automation for window based components which is not possible using selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented BDD using Cucumber with features, steps, step definitions, backgrounds using GWT format.
- Involved in developing the automation scripts for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium Desktop. Inspected Mobile Apps using Appium Inspector.
- Involved in Web Services testing using SOAPUI Tool, validated request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the XML in SOAP Web services.
- Used postman to manually check the response of web services.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts using TestNG for regression test cases.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and testNG functions which reads data from excel sheets.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing using TestNG on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Used Selenium Grid to perform parallel execution of test cases on different machines.
- Running the Automated regression test cases at end of each sprint on CI/CD model with help of Jenkins.
- Involved in writing SQL statements to create test data for test cases and data validation tests to extract data from the tables.
- Performed Back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL.
- Performed operations on the database using JDBC APIs, SQL to validate UI with Database.
- Used Maven to perform builds from Jenkins Continuous Integration and Git as source code repository.
- Documented defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
- Tested the Angular Web Application with Protractor, Jasmine. Implemented Page Object Model(POM) with Protractor TypeScript as well.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
Environment: Agile, Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, TestNG, Apache POI, SoapUI, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, JDBC api, Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Log4j, Appium, Maven, AutoIT, MySql, X-path, Protractor, Jasmine
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Sr. Automation QA Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and product requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan.
- Work with Project Owners, Scrum Master, and Leadership team to determine requirements (H/W specs, Tech details, Test Data, UX Designs).
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver automation framework using behavior driven approach Cucumber to automate setup manager functionality on version 2.0 application.
- Write new test cases for version 1.0 application on existing keyword driven automation framework as needed.
- Use of Java programming for writing automated test cases, Maven for downloading the Web driver dependencies and work with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for running the test on nightly basis automatically.
- Recommended Protractor & TypeScript Framework with Cucumber as BBD for the Angular Application to Automate UI Testing and provided a POC on the implementation.
- Work with Git, TortoiseHg, Source Tree for source version control system.
- Develop and execute SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion, and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and Execute SQL queries to validate the data on the back end as part of Database Testing.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using SOAP UI.
- Validate the data from the source systems and different databases, by sending the requests Using Soap UI, Ready API and Rest web services then capture and validate the response.
- Attend regular Scrum, Planning, Grooming Meetings to provide status on Automation Coverage.
- Work with JIRA, Confluence for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and executing the test cases.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse, GitHub, Cucumber, Auto IT, Apache POI, X-path, SOAP, Restful API, SoapUI, SQL, Oracle, Manual testing.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzing business, functional and product requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan for every minor and major release.
- Work with Project Owners, Scrum Master and Designers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Tech details, Test Data, UX Designs).
- Involve in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites using BDD - Cucumber.
- Use of Java programming for writing automated test cases, Use of Maven for downloading the Web driver dependencies and use of Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implement automation scripts using Protractor and Type Script Framework with Cucumber as BDD for the Angular Application.
- Work with Git, Git Hub, Source Tree, Bit Bucket for source version control system.
- Use of JIRA and Confluence for requirements management, planning, scheduling, defect tracking and executing test cases.
- Mobile Automation for iOS & Android OS using Appium tool and cloud automation on Sauce lab to verify the responsiveness of the application on 15 different browsers/devices.
- Perform Automated Regression testing on every new build using Selenium Web driver.
- Perform Accessibility Testing using tools like AXE, JAWS, NVDA, Voice Over Screen readers to ensure WCAG standards met.
- Develop and execute SQL queries using MySQL, Oracle SQL for Test Data Management.
- Responsible for creating Release Test Strategy Document on Quarterly Basis to ensure company standards being followed.
- Splunk validations for API logs to Identify real time Issues being encountered in the Production application.
- Perform Track Analytics validation using Google Adobe Analytics platform.
- Exposure to other technical tools like Cloud Front, Zuul, Microservices which were used to increase Performance and simplify the Application Architecture.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, STLC, Cucumber, TestNG, SoapUI, Postman, Jenkins, JIRA, Log4j, Appium, Maven, Eclipse, Agile, Oracle, Manual Testing, Git, AutoIT.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Work in a highly agile environment with different agile ceremonies like sprint planning, sprint retrospective and daily standup to let team know about the progress and obstacles if there are any.
- Participated in daily standup and weekly status meetings to discuss the task completed, deliverables, dependencies and goals of the projects in a highly agile environment.
- Created VB scripts to test different high risk test cases for one common set of data using Quick Test Professional (QTP) 11.0
- Created VB scripts to test over 70 sets test cases for one common set of data using Quick Test Professional (QTP) 11.0
- Used MS Excel to read Data into Custom QTP Data-Tables using custom scripts and Error report was exported back to Excel.
- Created Smoke test suite and regression test suite for our Java-script/Ajax heavy CRM site http://crm. Confidential .org using Cucumber, WATIR and PageObjects framework.
- Extensively used Ruby/Mechanize for generating/manipulating data from our jstor site using (Web data scraping).
- Used github to house our automation scripts.
- Heavily used RubyMine IDE, Cucumber, Gherkin plain text DSL for writing test features and WATIR libraries for automating browser testing.
- Worked in an AWS environment containing AppDynamics, Newrelic, AWS, Fastly, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Created ‘Smoke Test’ to run on just SugarCRM app to rule out the possibility of failures due to failures in external channels to our app like fastly/gateways, ELB, etc.
- Created Regression Suite’ to regression test is more broad and comprehensive and is run to ensure that a larger set of test cases for the Sugar application is run and is working properly
- Used Jenkins CI tool to schedule smoke test as well as regression test suite to run on a continuous basis against both TEST and PROD systems.
- Pro-actively and extensively tested various critical components of SugarCRM while upgrading it from version 7.2 to 7.6
- Extensively design GUI and API automation for web components housed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Developed and executed complex SQL Queries like inner joins and outer joins to retrieve data from TEST as well as PROD databases. Used SQL developer for this.
- Developing and designing load/performance tests for measuring, finding issues and keeping track of performance of JSTOR sites.
- Used Neustar tool extensively along with other tools to automate the process of web site performance measurement.
- Educating and mentoring the project and team members on different testing methodologies and skills required to perform functional and performance/load testing.
- Involved in UAT of the automated scripts builds by providing users with test data, test cases and scenarios, and guiding them during the testing process.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI API.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Worked in Java script based technologies like AngularJS, Protractor.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration and continuous development Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Responsible in writing and executing Selenium test scripts from scratch on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them
- Developed script and performed Webservices testing using SOAP UI pro tool for functional and regression testing.
Environment: Load runner 8.1, HP QC 9.2, Java, JSP Script, jenkins, Maven, Angular JS, SOAP UI, WebSphere, C#, VB, Junit, and Windows XP. Oracle 11i
- Implementation of QA approach to ensure quality of a product and was involved in project planning and coordination.
- Implemented Complex Test case scenarios using regression tests, wrote the enhanced code for the corresponding test case and modified using QTP.
- Configured HP Quality Center in Agile environment, generated Test Sets & executed and documented the test results using HP Quality Centre.
- Used HP Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Created test coverage Confidential for Regression and Smoke testing of the product.
- Controlled logging and tracking of defects; analyzed and maintained comprehensive defects reports using HP Quality Centre.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Handled issues in System testing and UAT
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database.
- Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & Results Reports.
Environment: Java, MySQL, HP Quality Center
- Involved in writing Manual test cases, logging and analysis of bugs, performed Smoke testing to ensure proper deployment of application in the test environment and performed Regression testing to ensure that the code is not broken.
- Segregated Bugs based on severity and priority and maintained the log using BugZilla.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend testing to verify the proper interaction between GUI (Graphical User Interface) and database.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & results reports.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for Test cases.
- Used SharePoint as the medium to upload the requested documents for the team.
Environment: MySQL, HP Quality Centre, MS Excel