- Automation Tester engineer with 8 years of experience in Information Technology with the emphasis on Design, development of Software Quality Assurance/Testing/Automation of Web Based, and Client/Server Web Services/API applications on various domains like Healthcare, Banking, Insurance, Ecommerce.
- Strong understanding of information technology capabilities and dependencies, including platforms, content management, e - document strategies and process mapping.
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Competent in Creating/analyzing Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and hands on experience in attended Sprint Planning, Scrums, Sprint Review, Retrospective, Grooming meetings.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Good Knowledge in OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts i.e., Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance, Strings, Collections etc.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Java, Git Hub, Jenkins (continuous integration-CI), Maven, Eclipse, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber (BDD/TDD), Protractor and Appium.
- Good Knowledge in OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts i.e., Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance.
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and BDD/TDD/ATDD.
- Experience in designing and developing the BDD/TDD framework and worked with the scrum master, product owner and users to derive the Scenarios and created features using Gherkin language, Step definitions and cukes test using Cucumber.
- Developed and executed test cases for SOAP and RESTful web services using SoapUI/Ready API, Postman tools and REST Assured API. Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Experience in Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Experience in creating page objects by using Page Object Model, developing reusable library functions in java and using unit testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG.
- Tested manually and Automated Hybrid Mobile Application using Appium, Selenium, Java.
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Sub Version (SVN), GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN and ANT.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs.
- Proficiency working in Relational Database Management Systems including MS Access, MS SQL, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to extract and validate the data from the Facets database for member and claims data.
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and good Experience in JQuery, Java script.
- Skilled in Bug Reporting and Management using Jira, Quality Center, Rally and MS Excel.
- Significant experience in Compatibility Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Migration Testing, Regression Testing and Smoke Testing etc.
- Conducted usability and user acceptance testing (UAT) on behalf of end users. Skillful in Enhancing and Editing Test Scripts.
- Expertise in using testing automation for REST ful web services by using Java and REST Assured Libraries.
- Proven expertise in Quality Center (ALM). Experienced in writing test cases, executing test cases, entering defects, requirements, and generating reports in Quality Center, effective QA implementation in all phases of SDLC onsite / offshore model.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experience integration and maintenance of project plans and status reports/dashboards related to organizational change management - Communications, Stakeholder Management, Training, and Workforce Optimization.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
Test Automation scripting tools: Selenium, SOAP UI, Ready API testing, PostMan, POI, Log4j, Rest Assured, Extent reports, Cucumber, UFT
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Rational Team Concert, Rational Requirements Composer, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Blueprint 6.1 Adobe Photoshop, TOAD
Testing life cycle management Tools: HP ALM, HPQC, Jira, Rally
Software Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Involved in performing functional, application, integration, system, and regression Testing.
- Developed and implemented Behavioral Driven Development Framework, added global reusable libraries, created a package for all page objects using Page Object Model and developed Driver Script.
- Developed BDD Automation Framework using Cucumber tool and developed Feature files which includes Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using JUnit Unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Performed Data-driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services and adding different assertions and automated data driven testing by getting the data from various external sources like excel and database
- Manual Web services testing using Post Man Tool, Validated request and response JSON.
- Automated REST API’s using Java and Rest Assured java Library which follows the TDD/BDD model and asserted HTTP codes, response data etc.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests by adding dependencies.
- Performed and executed test suite automation scripts using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Automated Mobile application by using Appium.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application by executing end-to-end testing.
- Automated one of the Angular JS new module using Protractor, Jasmine by writing Java script code
- Logged the errors, reported defects, and tracked the defects using JIRA until resolution.
- Identified, analyzed and documented defects, error and inconsistencies in the application using Quality Center.
- Created and maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
- Updated the Functional Documents including Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Use Cases and Wireframes, Data Mapping Documents and Data Dictionary.
Environment: JIRA, SQL, Appium, Postman, Selenium, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, Java, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Git, GitHub, BDD/TDD, Protractor, Rest Assured, Groovy, Linux.
Confidential, Palm beach, FL .
Automation Test Engineer (SDET)
- Wrote test cases to test truckers dashboard for internal usage application based on HTML, CSS, Drupal and bootstrap
- Worked in a team environment using Agile software methodologies while attended daily Scrum meetings with the team to discuss the milestones and progress.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language, MAVEN.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) tests using Cucumber in Gherkin format for writing behaviors in feature files and Step definitions.
- Involved in Automation Framework development from the scratch using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber JVM and Page Object Model in Eclipse.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Identified the correct web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Proven ability to upgrade hybrid framework to BDD framework scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver, used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Integrated with TestNG to perform Cross Browser Testing using parallel processing, groups and annotations.
- Participated in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Tested Restful Web services using SOAP UI and Ready API.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI PRO, for the local WADL / with URL and created test cases, run them.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Extensively involved with backend testing by writing complex SQL queries.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites.
- Involved in debugging of the existing automation script.
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Jira.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Restful Web Services, SQL, Quality Center, AGILE, GIT, HTML, XML, JSON, Java Script, Groovy Script, CSS, Windows, Jira.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Lead QA Analyst
- Providing end to end testing services for the Ecommerce web application.
- Involved and implementing the daily task like Test Strategy and Test planning.
- Involved in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test.
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed GUI functional testing manually for the application.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Developed user defined functions for different selenium locator types.
- Designed and reviewed the test scenarios and scripts for given functional requirements and automated test cases in Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Used Several TestNG Annotations to take advantage of test lifecycle.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Restful.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML.XML / SOAP using Soap UI and Postman tool.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performed Functional, System and Regression Testing on web and mobile applications at various phases of the Project life Cycle.
- Actively involved in STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, SOAP UI.
- Setup /Installed and Configured Selenium IDE.
- Using Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests. Record and plays back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE for UI automation testing. Create test scripts and automate them by using Selenium IDE.
- Perform browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome) using HTML IDs and XPATH in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementing logging and tracking using Jira.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester, Eclipse, Junit, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, Oracle, Maven, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Windows 7/XP/Vista.
Confidential ,Baltimore, MD .
- Involved in complex test cases dealing with Business rules, under writing issues and validations.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interacted with developers for changes in requirements if any.
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Involved in writing Unit and Regression Test cases for the Product.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG. Involved in automation testing using Java and selenium.
- Extensively used cucumber and feature files for implementing the BDD framework.
- Worked on developing Java code for automation process.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using SQL Server.
- Prepared manual test cases for service appointment creation, modification and deletion.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in Jira.
- Performed all test assignments to ensure the application meets business requirements and client expectations.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases and run them.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, SQL, Apache POI, Maven, Log4j, JDBC, Eclipse, Web Services, SOAP UI, Restful, SOAPUI, iPhone, iPad, Android, HTML, CSS, JIRA, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, Developer, Windows 7.
- Developed unit Test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Actively involved in defining and designing the tiers of the applications and implementation with core Java and J2EE best design practices.
- Develop and maintain elaborate services based architecture utilizing open source technologies like Hibernate, ORM and Spring Framework.
- Followed Agile Methodology in analyze, define, and document the application which will support functional and business requirements. Coordinate these efforts with Functional Architects.
- Involved in implementation of application using conventional design practices (SOA-Service Oriented Architecture, MVC-Model View Controller).
- Created database to persist data using Oracle database.
- Created SQL queries, triggers, and views to interact with Database.
- Integrated spring framework with Hibernate that is used for Database operations.
- Extensively participated in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application
- Developed a REST Web Service with Spring MVC.
- Involved in testing REST services.
- Implemented Spring MVC Architecture; Servlet targeting request module and flow of control generating JSP in Presentation layer.
- Used JMS to build a message communication.
- Manage project by using Maven.
- Deployed application in WebLogic and tested with Junit.
- Created Graphical User Interfaces using JSP and HTML.
Environment: Java, JDK, JSP, Eclipse, ANT, Web Logic, Junit, SQL, Junit, REST, API, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, Java Script, JDBC, Oracle, PL/SQL, Hibernate, RDBMS, Tomcat, Windows.