- Over 6+ years of IT experience in Software Testing, proficient in Client/Server and Web based applications
- Hand on Experience in Quality Assurance Analyst with both Manual and Automation Testing using Java, Selenium Webdriver, tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) using Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Expertise in automating the software testing and hands - on coding using open-source tools like Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and Java.
- Have experience in running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation
- Experience in various testing techniques like Regression testing, Functional testing, Performance testing, Ad-hoc testing, Security testing, Usability testing, End to end testing, Integration testing, System testing.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases by reviewing Business Requirements and use cases.
- Experience in Test Designing, Planning, Scheduling, Defect reporting and tracking and Test result analysis.
- Expertise in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Daily Scrum.
- Preparation of Test Data for positive and negative scenarios.
- Hands-on coding experience in Writing Selenium WebDriver Test Cases using Java
- Proficiency in Ant, Maven and setting up local workspace using Maven, TestNG and Eclipse.
- Experience in functional testing using Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Junit testing framework.
- Expertise in getting the test data using TestNG Data provider and POI API.
- Excellent knowledge in Bug/Defect Life Cycle and experienced in logging defects using the bug tracking tools like HP ALM /Quality Center, providing verifications on fixes in multiple environments and communicating fix success, failures, status updates as appropriate.
- Good understanding of bug tracking using HP QC and JIRA for reporting the Modification Requests and collecting Test Metrics in order to keep track of the test progress and test execution.
- Experienced with Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies
- Proficient in Testing SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SoapUI
- Experience in data validation, Database Testing using SQL queries.
- Have experience with Code repositories like GIT and SVN.
- Good work experience in using SQL Queries in verifies the data from the Oracle DB.
- Proficient in defect life cycle with defining defects, categorizing bugs based on severity and priority, carried out defect reports using different defect tracking tools/excel sheet.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills and problem-solving skills with a strong technical background.
- Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure. And always eager to learn new Technologies and Tools
- Maintain Close interaction with developers and Business analyst to solve technical issues.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Quality Center, JUNIT, TestNG Firebug, Apache POI
Dev. Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA
IDEs: Eclipse, TOAD
Operating Systems: MAC, UNIX, Windows
Misc. Tools: Maven Build tool, Jenkins CI and GIT version control tool
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
QA Test Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements, use cases AGILE PROCESS and worked on automation and manual testing of the application
- Worked with Business Analysts and Developers for requirements review and developing Test Scenarios.
- Responsible for all types of tests like Business Functionality, Documentation testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), browser compatibility testing, Integration testing and maintain technical design documentation in Oracle and Windows environments.
- Created Selenium test cases for automation using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created parameterization tests by importing data from excel files using TestNG Data provider, Apache POI and Selenium Web Driver
- Validated Restful web services using Apache Http Client, TestNG, GSON Parsers
- Developed automated Data Driven scripts to perform negative and positive testing of an application by providing different data.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Validated Web Services using SOAP UI and created test suites for the functional Testing of Web Services
- Setup test environment and test data for both positive and negative testing.
- Testing application to accommodate sufficient time for developers to resolve the issues.
- Transformation of use cases to test scenarios and designing test plans and test cases.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Performed Smoke, Black Box, Validation and Compatibility testing of the application manually.
- Performed Regression, UAT, Integration, GUI, and Usability Testing.
- Performed System testing of the application to meet the Business requirement documents Validated Web Services using SOAP UI and created test suites for the functional Testing of Web Services
- Used SQL Queries in performing data validation to ensure data accuracy and data integrity by testing the backend components of new data warehouse products.
- Developed the reports using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Reviewed and analyzed artifacts throughout the SDLC.
- Reviewed user documentation for accuracy of implemented functionality descriptions.
- Extensively worked for the development of test standards for script development, deployment and reuse.
- Involvement in efficient and optimum test planning with the available resources.
- Interaction with the developers for resolving critical bugs and functionality modifications.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, Maven, Eclipse, Web Services, REST API, Apache HTTP client, TestNG, JAVA, GSON, XML, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, SOAP UI, JIRA, Quality Center, Toad, SQL, GIT, Oracle, Unix.
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Analyzed business requirements documents to get a better understanding of the system from both technical and business perspectives.
- Studied existing application functionality and new business requirements.
- Involved in creating Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as automation frame work.
- Performed regression test to ensure that introduction of new features into application doesn't affect the existing functionality.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Core Java for writing automated regression test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested Rest API using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG, Apache POI, JAXB, GSON and Log4j framework.
- Used SOAPUI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by development team.
- Integrated the test suites with Jenkins continuous integration tool and helped build engineer to resolve the issues during integration with the build process.
- Developed Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test strategy, Test Scenario, Test Reports.
- Performed tests for Functionality, Regression, GUI, End to End, System, Configuration and Backend.
- Classified the defects according to severity and priority levels and prepared Test Status Reports.
- Opened defects and tracked them in Quality Center.
- Raised defects in QC and made sure appropriate hand-offs and retesting takes place.
- Prepared defect prevention (DP) reports and conducted DP meetings with the team.
- Used Toad to write SQL queries, to verify quotation values displayed on various pages of the application.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using QC and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status. Used Quality Center for logging defects during System testing
- Participated in test scenario inspections, test case reviews, work and functional mapping & UAT sessions.
- Actively participated in weekly meetings, triage calls and updated weekly report.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver,TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, POM (Page Object Model), Apache Http Client, GSON, RESTFUL Web Services, SOAP UI, Web Services, SOAP, Quality Center, Eclipse, MAVEN, JAVA, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, TOAD, WebSphere,Windows.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and Confidential locators) to test the web application.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium Web Driver & created Data Driven framework using TestNG.
- Functional and Cross Browser Testing of Defined Browser Stack of the site experience.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests
- Testing REST API using Apache HTTP Client, JXL, TestNG, Log4j, GSON, JAXB Parsers
- Completed using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web services testing.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed execution and logging defect in Quality Center and Verification of defects for System Testing
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, Confidential Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Worked on UAT testing by creating new business users, setting up all the required data, preferences and required permissions.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the test reports.
- Updated the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), with Test Case id’s and make sure that all BR’s (Business requirements), TR’s (Technical Requirements) and Detail Design Requirements were mapped perfectly and all Requirements were covered with Test cases.
- Development and Execution of SQL queries to check the database and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve the design and development errors and to get the software released for system testing.
- Carried out testing, to check whether the application is functioning as per the use case and functional specifications.
- Documented and presented test strategies to management, business and development partners
- Involved in Manual Testing to develop test cases, test scripts and record bugs.
- Involved in Functional, Regression Testing of CARE and Access Online applications.
- Wrote test plans, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Wrote and documented test cases based on corresponding business /user requirements documents & technical specification and other operating conditions.
- Closely worked with respective personnel to nail down bugs.
- Tested the whole program as well as specialized in several input applications.
- Conducted Black Box Testing for the Application.
- Extensively used SQL for backend testing.
- Analyzed user change requirements, and made necessary amendments to the test requirements.
- Created reports that included general overview, open bugs, new bugs, and enhancement requests. Entered new bugs and maintained the current status of those bugs.
- Participated in project design meetings to understand the impact of changes in development
- Raised Defects and maintained the status of the defect in JIRA.
- Executed Web Services manual, automation and validation using tools like HP Service Test & SOAPUI
- Tracked defects using Team Track and used the metrics in testing of further releases
- Creating and executing test Plans, Test cases, Test cycles with in JIRA
Environment: Manual Testing, JIRA, HTML, SOAP, Test NG, Ant, SQL, Oracle, windows.