- Over 9 years of Excellent experience in Software Testing in Client Server Application, Web based application and Mobile Application using Manual Testing Techniques and Automated Testing Tools.
- Good knowledge of all stages of software developmental life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC), software developmental methodologies like Agile methodologies and waterfall model.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE/RC/Web Driver), TestNG, Eclipse/IntelliJ and preparation of automation test framework.
- Expert in using Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium RC and WebDriver Selenium.
- Strong experience in setup Mobile automation framework using Appium and Selenium WebDriver.
- Strong experience in setup GIT for automation project.
- Experience in working with Mercury interactive tools like Quality Center and Quick Test professional.
- Experience in using Maven and POM to help manage project’s build, report and documentation across the network.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Experienced in Selenium Data - Driven Framework with core Java programming and TestNG annotations.
- Experienced in developing Keyword-Driven & Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Proficient use of the Quality Center and Test Director to manage the software testing process.
- Experience in functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, white box testing, unit testing, GUI testing, back-end API testing, system testing, Browser compatibility testing.
- Experience in implementation of Test Plans, designing, developing the Test Procedures and Test cases for the projects developed using GUI Tools, Writing Test Scripts for Client/Server, Web applications using Java, VB, SQL etc.
- Expertise in using Element Locators like Firebug and Fire path for identifying web objects.
- Expertise in using different unique identifiers like XPATH/CSS Selectors/ID/Name etc.
- Good exposure to various bug tracking tools such as QC, RTC and TFS, etc.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver Selenium and HP Quick Test Professional.
- Fairly good knowledge testing the applications on multiple browsers (IE, Netscape, Firefox, Chrome, etc) for the purpose of Browser-compatibility testing.
- Experience in using SQL Queries to make sure that data was entered properly in the right tables, when the data was entered from front end screen.
- Experience in Participation and driving of concept commit, execute commit, BRD reviews, FSD reviews, Test scenarios review and Test cases review.
- Experience with Agile Scrum and Waterfall and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Mercury Interactive (HP QTP, HP Quality Center, Test Director, Win Runner and Load Runner), Appium, Cucumber, Eclipse, Test Plan Manager
Build Tools: Maven
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Firefox, Chrome Addons: Firebug, Poster and XPath Helper Wizard
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, RTC and TFS
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins and GIT
Applications: MS Office Pro (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/ME/NT, UNIX (Sun Solaris), DOS, MAC OS X
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Senior Automation Engineer
- Developing a robust automation framework for mobile/web application testing
- Building WebDriverAgent using Xcode for IOS application automation
- Building the necessary software/solution to execute and keep track of application quality and performance
- Researching and keeping up to date on the latest tools or implementing steps to increase stability and reliability and to harden SDLC processes.
- Debugging large and complex codebase to assess the root cause of test failure
- Setup and configure the testing environment with Appium and Selenium WebDriver for Mobile.
- Introduce BDD concept in Automation project
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse/IntelliJ, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java client driver.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Analyzing user requirements and defining testing specifications using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Execute automation scripts in Perfecto Server. Identify locators in Perfecto.
- Participating in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and/or potential problems.
- Collaborating on epic and story breakdowns, task definition and estimation
- Identifying, analyzing and tracking bugs and issues arising during the testing life cycle using Quality Center, ALM, Test Director, Jira and Rally
- Designing and implementing Web Services testing and web application testing
- Leading multiple modeling, simulations and analysis efforts to uncover the best application testing solutions
- Mapping test plans to User Story requirements
- Reviewing User Stories to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and/or completeness and to mitigate risks.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Analyzed business requirements and functional requirements specification to get a better understanding of the system from both technical and business perspective
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare Test Plans.
- Setup Email configuration in Automation Project to send mail automatically when suites are completed
- Setup GIT in automation project for code check in and check out.
- Setup screen comparison for covering UI testing in all web pages.
- Implemented assertions, error collector functionalities for better validation using TestNG.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform.
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven .
- Used Maven and Task scheduler to run nightly automation scripts.
- Modified existing automation framework to support for Mobile using Appium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in TFS.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium Web driver.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
QA Automation Engineer
- Created test plans, test cases, test suites, and test data based on BRDs and technical Specifications.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for web-based applications using Junit, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium IDE.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT and Selenium Java client driver.
- Reviewed the code in java and Performed white box testing Using JUnit to ensure every class is constructed strongly and does not contain any functional errors (Unit testing).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Jenkins.
- Involved in Automation using Selenium WebDriver and updated the script using java.
- Involved in monitoring the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Defined the test execution and defect reporting needs; determine frequency and communication of these reports.
- Maintained and executed Ant build files for running Automated Tests.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to write automated test scripts using XPATH.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed WebServices Testing using Soap UI for SOAP and REST based WebServices.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Involved in preparing and maintaining test data sets for testing database using SQL queries.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application and new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing.
- Provided in-depth analysis of test execution metrics and communicate with project teams to understand changes, impacts, discrepancies.
- Validate and approve entry/exit criteria forms for System Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate/Assist with daily/weekly meetings held by Testing Enablement to discuss status of testing and calendar activities.
- Responsible for achieving the best vendor award among Confidential vendors for Vyshnavi Information Technologies.
- Tracking and reporting defects using RTC.
- Involved in test cases review meeting across teams.
- Involved in Sprint planning and design meetings with Development people like a stakeholder
- Involved in presenting the stories to stake holder during sprint review.
- Involved in poker meetings to estimate the story points.
- Involved in Web Services REST API testing and generated a framework to automate manual testing by using jscript.
- Co-ordination with TVT teams for globalization testing.
- Co-ordination with release management and L3 team for Service Pack and Test Fix releases.
- Co-ordination with AppScan line of product teams for integration and cross product security testing
- Co-ordination with documentation team for release notes, walk though documentation for TVT testing and product installation guide.
QA Tech Lead
- Coordinated day-to-day changes, activities for testing, processes, and environment changes/impacts to the Release.
- Designed Test Plans to cover as many real time Scenarios, as per the Business requirements.
- Wrote and executing manual and automation test cases.
- Performed Installation testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, performance testing, database upgrade testing and Sanity Testing on front end and back end.
- Involved in understanding the client requirements and project functionalities.
- Involved in managing the offshore testing team and coordinating with client
- Implemented QTP Test scripts for Regression Testing and functional testing.
- Enhanced the Test Scripts to run on different languages for Globalization testing.
- Implemented Screen Capture and Compare idea using VBScript to cover UI testing
- Designed and Managed object repository and VB script functions for automated testing.
Software Engineer Trainee
- Actively involved in writing test plans based on the functional requirements.
- Extensively worked with Quality Center to develop test cases, mapping requirements to test cases, executing test cases and documenting results.
- Executed scripts from Test Lab and Test Cases in Quality Center (QC), verified testing results against expected results and tracked defects
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Linked requirements to tests and defects as well as analyzed and tested defects in Quality Center (QC).
- Wrote SQL queries for database backend testing.
- Preparation and Review of End-to-End Test Scenarios/Test Cases, Coverage matrix and Test Data.
- Executed the test cases manually and test scripts using QTP and reported the defects through JIRA.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Involved in Functional, System, Regression, Positive and Negative testing of the application.
- Performed manual testing for user interface of the application under test (AUT).
- Participated in Walk Through, Requirement review meetings and Defect report meetings periodically.
- Performed database testing using SQL queries.
- Analyzed received data in the database using MS SQL Server.
Environment: Manual Testing, QTP, JIRA, Quality Centre, MS SQL Server, Windows, UNIX.