- Around 7 Years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Expert in developing Java Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG/Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools.
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and Soap UI).
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit and Functional testing, Maven and ANT for Project building, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, White box testing, Unit testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), System testing, API Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) browser compatibility testing.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platformweb testing with Selenium RC and WebDriver.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Experience in building Test Plans and Test Cases and navigating through the test lab, fully involved in the process of Defect identification and resolution using tools like Quality Center and HP ALM
- Experience in understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Writing and executing SQL - DDL, DML statements for checking the validity and integrity of the data in various databases such as Oracle, My SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server etc. to perform back-end-Testing.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Experience in Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC), TDD, BDD and Agile Project Environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, HP Quality Center, JMeter, JBehave, Test Plan Manager, Test Director, SOAP UI
Bug Reporting Tool: JIRA, HP Quality Center, BugZilla, TFS.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Data: Driven Development
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere, Web Logic
SQL Server, MySQL, MS: Access, Oracle
Built Tools: ANT, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Subversion, GitHub
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Confidential, Austin, TX
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Extensively developed automation test scripts for regression testing (TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Create automated tests for web application using Ruby and Cucumber.
- Involved in writing Test Cases by using Wireframe, Design docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Used HP Quality Center for Test Management, for Functional Test Automation.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Java Script, Selenium WebDriver, Quality Center, Jenkins, Cucumber, Ruby, Maven, TestNG, SOAP UI, Git, Firepath, Firebug, XPATH, CSS, HTML, Groovy, XML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Designed and automated functional, integration, system and end-to-end test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG across system to ensure that changes or fixes do not impact other modules of the system.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Used Firebug and Fire path for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
Software Test Engineer
- Analysed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Selenium.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Used SVN Subclipse repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with Test-NG.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html ids to identify elements.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and Xpath in Selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them
- Involved in scope creation, script creation, configuration, execution, analysis, resolution, retesting in order to performance testing using JMeter.
- Designed scenarios in JMeter to perform Load and Stress tests and to analyse results.
- Involved in regression testing using QTP tool prior converting QTP scripts to Selenium web-driver
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).