- 8+ years of professional experience in all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including system design,
- Firm Knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Performed manual and automated testing using HP - mercury tool like Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner.
- Understanding of different approaches to Testing such as System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing, WEB/UI Testing.
- Experience in Web based testing using GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Expertise in running Test Scripts from Quality Center/ Test Director on different hosts.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors.
- Experience in Bug Tracking and Reporting using Test Director/ HP Quality Center.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and Automation tools which includes Selenium RC/IDE/Web Driver/ Grid, QTP, Cucumber, Quality Center, SOAP UI and JMeter.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, MAVEN and ANT for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Good Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium --RC by using Java Experience in MVC.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collection, reflection and many more.
- Good at multi-tasking and working well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAPUI, QTP, Eclipse, Protractor, JMeter, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire Path, Coded UI, Appium.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Robot Framework.
Firefox Add ons: XPath, Firebug, Fire Path.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP, XML, CSS, Flash.
SQA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA.
Build/ Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, MYSQL.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8,10/vista & server 2003, UNIX and Mac
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
- Conducted Automation/manual testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Experience in testing API Web services using Postman.
- Developed Web APIs isolation testing using Postman
- Developed Rest API testing framework using Frisby is a REST API testing Framework built on node.js and Jasmine
- Experience in logging the bugs using Jira and tracked the defects.
- Experience in writing, executing and running the test cases using Test Rail and integrating Test Rail with Jira.
- Good understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), STLC, QA methodologies like Agile Methodology.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing on every release.
- Implemented software testing methodologies which includes Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test reports and documenting manual and automation tests.
- Expert in using Selenium WebDriver /Web Element interface, Absolute/Relative XPaths, CSS Selectors, Implicit/Explicit waits, WebDriver Wait Class, Fluent Wait.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Experienced in handling Alerts, Frames and Popups, Accessing Forms, tables, links, Keyboard and Mouse Events using Selenium WebDriver.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG for System testing, Experience in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG annotations Parameters and Data Provider.
- Developed an automated tool which integrates end to end process in testing.
- Designed and implemented test scripts and managed Selenium test automation processes.
- Followed Page Object Design Pattern for writing automated tests in Java.
- Used various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS to find the Web Elements on a web page.
- Designed and Implemented Selenium WebDriver Automation Framework for Smoke test and Regression test using TestNG.
- Involved in Weekly Status Meetings with development and management Teams.
- Involved in Agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum and Release Planning meeting.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Load Runner, Performance Center, UNIX, Python, API testing, Rest/SOAP, TestNG, Protractor, Ant tool, JMeter, Jira, Agile, TFS, SQL, DHTML, FDA Regulations, Quality center.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Automation Analyst
- Actively involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and closely worked with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java.
- Involved in creating Data Driven framework using Excel.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites.
- Involved in Regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Created user stories, test cases, tracking defects using JIRA (Agile Project Management Tool).
- Performed Database Testing and thorough knowledge in SQL.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front-end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver).
- Created automated functional regression test scripts using Selenium WebDriver written in Java.
- Scheduled, organized and executed the test scripts in Eclipse IDE, integrate environment and documented the test results.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Have worked on version control tools like GIT and SVN.
- Performing Regression test using automated test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse.
- Expert knowledge on daily status reporting and managed end to end testing from Test management tools.
- Worked closely with clients in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Sprint/Release.
- Understood SRS and kept track of the new requirements/change in requirements of the project.
- Coordinated with project manager and development team to formulate test strategy, scope of test effort, test resources required, and test-release schedules.
- Performed and planed functional, regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in generating test plan, test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the oracle database and validate the data integrity.
- Performed regression testing to ensure no new bugs exist due to modifications using Quick Test Professional.
- Created Automated Data Driven test scripts using QTP Scripts for performing highly efficient regression test cycles that can perform XML String comparison to differentiate between expected and actual results.
- Created VB scripts in QTP to connect to various databases in Oracle host servers using embedded SQL statements.
- Created VUser Scripts for Performance and Stress testing using LoadRunner.
- Created Scenarios to simulate load and stress testing for multiple Vusers for various Enterprise services and systems.
- Generated Reports, Graphs, Summary data, and Collating execution results to help analyze the performance of the systems using Load Runner Analysis.
- Developed Test scripts using Load Runner by recording test cases and enhanced scripts by adding checkpoints, parameterization and correlation.
- Performed Cross browser testing is used on Internet explorer and Netscape navigator for browser compatibility.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
- Experienced in testing configuration and customization like fields, page layouts, users, role hierarchy.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, Selenium, Java, SQL Server 2008, UNIX/LINUX.
- Involved in System Analysis, Requirement reviews, creating detailed specifications with Use Cases and User Scenarios.
- Involved in working with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the project life cycle.
- Prepared Test estimation and Test metrics documents using MS Excel.
- Developed and executed comprehensive system test plans and scripts.
- Created manual test cases and test suites for different modules of the application.
- Detected, reported and classified bugs in Quality Center/ALM.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for managing test execution and defect tracking of all issues.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform back end testing.
- Used the Descriptive Programming approach for developing test scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Worked with various functional and regression test using QTP/UFT.
- Designed and Generated Reusable Test Scripts using QTP/UFT; designed the Reusable Action for each Screen of the Application
- Created reusable functions in VB scripts using QTP/UFT and through active screens created Shared object repository for the entire test set to test most of the Web modules.
- Responsible for preparing the user documentation and helping the users in UAT.
- Participated in weekly status meetings.
- Created test Status report and Test Completion Report for feature testing.
Environment: HP ALM, QTP/UFT, Soap UI, MS Excel, Java, HTML, Agile, MS Office, UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows.