- Software Professional with 8+ years of experience in both Manual and Automation Software Testing and performing Functional, Regression, Integration Testing with effective use of QA and testing practice.
- Experience with all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Reviewed and analyzed BRD’s and FRS’s to Test plan, Test strategies and Test cases.
- Good understanding of Software Development Methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM).
- Proficient in designing, developing, implementing and documenting test cases for GUI, Functional, System, Regression, back - end testing, UAT, Smoke testing, Data Base Testing of Web-based applications.
- Experience working on Facets Data Tables like (MEES, MEME, BLEI, MESU, BLDF etc;) and creating audit reports using queries.
- Experience in manually loading data in FACETS and have good knowledge of Facets QA rules.
- Extensive experience in creating, executing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Defect Tracking, analyzing bugs and Report Generation using HP QC/ALM.
- Experience in writing automation test scripts using test automation frameworks.
- Experienced in Automation Testing of web applications using Unified Functional Testing (UFT) and Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, user acceptance test (UAT) and regression testing.
- Performed automation framework using TestNG and Implementation of Data Driven Testing using Page Object Model by using Apache POI.
- Experienced in using build tools like Maven to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experienced in load and performance testing using JMETER.
- Good knowledge in working with version controlling system like GIT and Jenkins.
- Perform manual testing and Automated testing on SOAP and REST web services by executing both functional and non-functional testing using Soap UI and REST API (POSTMAN).
- Experience in data base design, creation and management of schemas writing DDL, DML SQL queries.
- Specialized in Performance Testing applications using load-testing tool Load Runner.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to ensure data reliability and consistency for data validation on various databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experienced in using Emulator and Simulator for Automation and Environment Compatibility Testing on iOS and Android with Perfecto Mobile and Selendroid.
- Good knowledge of UNIX commands.
- Experience in Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications.
- Experienced in working on Multi-Platform Testing like Windows, Linux, Mac and Android.
- Proactive team player, individual contributor with positive attitude.
- Flexible to adopt new technologies and zeal to learn new technologies.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac, IOS, Android
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Database Tools: TOAD, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Appium, Soap UI, Postman and Load Runner
Applications: MS Office Suite, Android SDK, Eclipse, Sublime, putty
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, HP ALM
Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
Confidential, Southern Pines, NC
- Documented test plan, test strategy test scenarios and cases corresponding to business rules and other operating procedures for the different modules of the application.
- Followed SDLC using SCRUM Agile methodology.
- Performed GUI, functional, and system testing, manually using HP QC/ALM.
- Developed and Implemented test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java for regression test and debug the code.
- Managed and executed build for running automated tests using Maven.
- Configured the test suite to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Used Firebug to locate element on web application testing with Selenium Web Driver.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using Rest API test.
- Involved in testing Web services using Postman tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to ensure data reliability and consistency for data validation on various databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, UAT Testing.
- Performed Back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL.
- Attended Bug Meetings and also meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on week basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Postman, HP QC/ALM, GIT, Firebug, HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Handled responsibilities of testing new software applications to ensure that the application meets the Business Functional Requirements
- Worked on SDLC using SCRUM Agile methodology
- Analyzed requirement document and developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Script, Test Scenarios, wrote Test Cases to handle Alerts on Web Page and executed them later
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Compatibility, Performance, Regression and Usability Testing.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS. Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Implemented Page Objects Model, Data Driven, automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG and Maven
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML Id’s and Xpath in Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested the application on different mobile devices including IOS (iPhone) and Android (Samsung, google pixel, HTC).
- Tested Mobile app behavior under various interruptions: battery strength (full/medium/low), incoming calls, SMS, video calls.
- Tested the application on virtual devices using the Perfecto Mobile third-party tool to achieve better test coverage on a larger device matrix.
- Developed Test Cases using a WSDL file which defines Web Service Request, Response, methods/operations and End Point of web service to be tested.
- Tested web services for Shopping cart, Account Creation and Shipment Tracking web services.
- Documented the defects using HP ALM and tracked them to completion by communicating and coordinating with the development as well as the support group.
- Prepared the traceability matrices to fill the gap between the requirements and the test cases covered.
Environment: HP QC/ALM, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Appium, Android Studio, Java, XML, XSLT, XSD, Windows, SQL Server, UNIX
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Sr. Automation Tester
- Followed SDLC using Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Analyzed system requirement and business requirement documents and developed test cases and test scripts.
- Tested customized Guidewire UI, rules and integration processes under Policy and claim Center Modules.
- Executed manual test cases and responsible to track and log the defects using HP ALM.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, Regression and Usability Testing.
- Created utility libraries for reusing the code, make tests shorter and easier to design, read, and maintain.
- Performed manual/web testing using Selenium IDE.
- Created and maintained a Selenium based test suite.
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database.
- Developed separate test cases for ETL process (Inbound & Outbound) and created reports.
- Analyzed ETL Mappings based on Facts & Dimensions from Source to target tables for directs moves and for indirect moves based on transformation rules & lookup tables.
- Developed Test Case, Test Script using Java, Selenium Web Driver and created automation framework using TestNG.
- Analyzed build based on Maven to generate reports and represent Documentation.
- Implemented Soup for Web Service Testing in which analyzed, recorded and modified client-server traffic using SOAP UI tool.
- Created and executed both Load and Performance tests for web services using JMETER.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Windows, SQL, Guidewire, HP ALM, SOAP UI, JMETER
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Followed all phase of SDLC with SCRUM Agile Methodology.
- Involved in different types of manual testing including Smoke, GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, Database testing.
- Performed manual, automated testing including functional, system in all different Internet browsers (IE, Firefox, and Safari)
- Tested the various business rules related with wire transfers front end and back end features for scheduling the transfers and cancel
- Performed testing against the compliance and regulations based on AML business rules based on to identify any fraud patterns in
- Tested the CTRs and SAR reports being generated by the system.
- Developed and executed Automated Test cases using Selenium Web Driver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Performed Data driven testing Selenium WebDriver using TestNG functions which reads data from scripts using property and XML.
- Used build tools like Maven and Jenkins to build and regress automated tests using GIT: Document and tracked defects.
- Performed the Back-End Data testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by creating and executing SQL queries in Oracle.
- Used Rest API Postman Tool for web service testing and validating the responses through assertions.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings focused at making the application more reliable.
- Coordinated with multiple teams like Planning, Release, Environment, middleware for various testing related activities
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, Postman, Windows XP, Oracle, UNIX, JIRA, SQL, HTML
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Quality Assurance Tester
- Followed SDLC using Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Worked with software developers to understand the architecture and design of the various components
- Involved in complete Software Testing life cycle right from reviewing test plan, test cases, test data preparation, test case execution, defect tracking.
- Worked on FACETs in customizing screens/reports, terminate or reinstate health coverage for the subscriber and Provider enrollments.
- Involved in documenting Test cases, Test Data and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and defect reporting.
- Conducted Smoke, Functional, Compatibility, Performance, Regression, End to End, Security and Usability Testing
- Implemented test scripts Automation framework using Java, Selenium Web driver and TestNG.
- Used build tools like Maven to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Worked on real time EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) transactions like 270/271 - Eligibility Benefit Inquiry/Response and 276/277 - Claim Status Request / Response.
- Did parallel testing for testing for FACETS.
- Responsible for testing REST API's using Postman.
- Used SQL queries for backend testing to validate data in database.
- Conducted Regression Testing on various builds of the application, logged and reported the defects to the developer using JIRA.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Unix/Linux, JIRA, MySQL, Postman
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Quality Assurance Tester
- Prepared Test plans and test cases for manual testing.
- Analyzed Build, maintain and enhance retail store system including POS and developed test cases based on required documents.
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments, return, reports etc. to make sure that the system met the requirement and expectations.
- Involved in preliminary discussion of the project according to BRD and prepared test plan and test case for manual testing.
- Followed all phase of SDLC with Waterfall Methodology.
- Validated the various sales offer (Discounts) for the POS.
- Performed manual testing tracking defects and reviewed as well as comparing using HP QC/ALM.
- Interacting with the development team to resolve and follow up on issues.
- Worked directly with developers to report discrepancies and to resolve defects track changes to status.
- Written SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Involved in planning and creating Test scenarios and Test objectives to ensure the system modification will meet the specified business requirements.
- Reported defects in HP QC/ALM and re-tested any fixed issues.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
- Conducted Alpha and Beta testing.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server, HTML, XML, HP QC/ALM, Agile/Scrum and MS-Office