- Over 8+ years of Experience as a Tester QA Analyst Diversified technical knowledge in Software principles, system analysis, design, development, writing technical documentation, QA Procedures and Methodologies in different domains
- Good knowledge of industry standard Quality assurance procedures.
- Automation of Build acceptance Tests cases and integration Test cases.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automation Testing on various Web based and Mobile Applications.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Testing Life Cycle.
- Created Splunk applications and deploy using Splunk Deployment Server.
- Extensively used tools like HP Quality Center (ALM), JIRA and DBVISUALIZER
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile, Rational Unified Process and Waterfall Methodology.
- Experience in Manual Testing using Quality Center and Rational Test Manager.
- Understands Splunk configuration and able to debug Splunk related issues
- Performed Tests to identify and report any system or software defects using HP Quality Center.
- Experience in performance/ load Test creation and execution for Microsoft support website.
- Debugging, failure analysis, log analysis for Test execution results.
- Experience in drafting Test Plan, Test Cases and executing Test Cases.
- Designed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver Automation Framework.
- Has experience with tools like Visual studio, HP ALM, TFS, WTT, Product Studio, Test Explorer & Test services.
- Strong working experience in processing EDI 850, EDI 856 and EDI 810 files.
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing and AutomationTesting using Selenium and Web services using SOAPUI tool.
- Expert in both Manual and Automation (Selenium/IOS/Cucumber/calabash) testing of the applications.
- Worked extensively in RDBMS like ORACLE 12C, DB2, SQL and IMS DB
- Expertise in EDI transactions used in health care industry and good knowledge of HIPAA X12.
- Experience across multiple types of Testing i.e. Unit, System Integration, End - End, Regression, Sanity and User acceptance Testing.
- Plan and developing very high complexity Test strategies /Test plans/ Test cases/Test Script/Test schedule/ Test Scenarios/ Documenting Test Results and Test Completion Report and execute them.
- Worked in all areas of project execution including planning, requirement analysis, development, Testing and SLA based on production support & maintenance.
- Experience as an EDI analyst performing verification and validation of the EDI transactions
- Performed different types of Testing: Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Content Testing, Installation Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE7, FireFox, and Chrome.
- Experienced in developing Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, and Maven
- Experience in Testing on devices IOS, Android & Windows platform.
- Adept at analyzing business requirements and software requirement specifications.
- Strong ability to implement all established Quality assurance methods.
- Leadership roles in creation and execution of Testing processes, requirement mapping, Test execution and defect tracking & documentation.
- Experience in automating Test scripts with objectives of maximizing the reusability and their maintainability.
- Good team player having excellent problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
Software Applications: MS Office 2000/2002 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project 2000.
Development Tools: Developer/2000, Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Basic 6.0 and Crystal Reports
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall, Agile
RDBMS: Oracle 7.x/8.0/8i/9, MS-Access 98 and MS SQL Server 6.0/7.0
Application and Web Servers : IIS, WebSphere 3.0/4.0, Web Logic 6.1/5.1, JRUN 3.0, and Java Web Server
Operating Systems: UNIX, OS/390, Windows 2000/98/NT/95/XP/Serve, DOS, Sun Solaris 2.6/2.8, IBM AIX-UNIX
Testing Tools : Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID/RC 2.4, HP Quality Center, Jmeter, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire Path, Soap UI, Android Studio
Frameworks : Junit, TestNG, Appium, TDD,ATDD,BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework) and Page Object Model.
Testing : Integration, Functional, Regression, Performance and Load Testing, Manual Testing, Black Box and White Box Testing and Backend Testing.
SOA Technologies : SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services and SOAP UI.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bug zilla, TFS and JIRA.
Networking Protocols : SQL Developer, DB Artisan, TOAD, MSSQL Server Management Studio
Build/ CI Tools : Maven, Jenkins, Gherkins
Confidential, San Diego, CA
QualityAnalyst / Engineer
- Involved in project planning, coordination, implementation and the creation of test plans and test cases/ scripts.
- Involved in performing various types of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Regression, Functional, Positive and Negative testing.
- Performed functional test automation and execution using the data-driven framework with Page Object Model in Selenium Web Driver and used ApachePOI for the implementation.
- Performed cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome, and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins .
- Created RTM Matrix , ensured the test planning, testing strategy, test cases, flows are capturing and covering all the functional/non-functional requirements.
- Worked on Selenium Grid to run parallel tests on different browsers and operating systems.
- Experience working on Rally for the creation of test cases and maintenance of test results obtained upon execution.
- Enhanced the existing framework by developing custom functions using Selenium for the automation of regression test suite.
- Involved in automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA and JUnit.
- Configured SeleniumWeb Driver , TestNG , Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java usingTestNG prior to agile release.
- Worked on SOAPUI for web services testing which involved testing web services in both SOAP and REST .
- Performed complex queries using SQL involving various joins for database testing and documented the obtained results.
- Used HP Quality Center for viewing and analyzing test results and also for defect tracking and reporting which occurred during the execution of test scripts .
- Expertise in working with various mobile devices such as Android, iPhone, tablets to perform browser compatibility and configuration testing.
- Written the test cases and created the automated test scripts using QTP.
- Experience in developing data-driven tests and writing QTP/UFT functions using VB Script.
- Design & develop a data-driven framework to validate different Member profile using QTP, VBScript .
- Involved in XML datavalidation for the inputs and output for data transmission purposes and testing of web applications.
- Generated and automated the generation of daily, weekly and quarterly status reports.
- Generated defect status reports, QA analysis reports, risk analysis documents, requirements traceability reports, and test result in summary reports.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Developed optimized QTP scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configure files to enhance the QTP test scripts with and developed user-defined functions for frequent reuse.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Performed positive & negative testing for lock boxes as per each lockbox requirements.
- Implemented software testing life cycle ( STLC ) to perform end to end migration testing and worked on change control issues and enhancements for the application.
- Ensured to analyze the bugs and the issues are discussed with the development team in fixing the defects and defects will be raised and updated in the (Defect Tracking Tool) and followed the procedure in the defect life cycle.
- Generate the batch summary reports to process the accounts receivable files and ( ICL ) files from the Oracle database.
- Responsible for creating the test deliverable and reporting to management which includes issue escalations
- Participating in daily meetings with the client, development team, and offshore team members.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Java, Protractor, Junit, SOAP UI, JIRA, Cucumber, Oracle, QTP, Eclipse, HTML, XML, JMeter.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Centre .
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Designed and Analysed Test case design document basing on the Functional Requirement Specifications to implement through testing process.
- Analysed and Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Expected Test Results and Test Procedure from functional requirement
- Involved in creating the Traceability matrix based on Functional requirement in each module.
- Base-line and Regression tests were scheduled and performed on every Release and build.
- Supported End-to-end testing for downstream systems.
- Creation of Test Data for Member data's according to the scenarios.
- Loaded the Test Data into the HPQC to prepare for the execution of Test Cases
- Create Test Matrix criteria for use in Calculation Certification to ensure all aspects of the plan provisions and calculation mechanics are represented.
- Determine eligibility for benefits, early reduction factors and optional forms of payment
- Verified retirement packages, health & welfare packages and estimates.
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified during Testing.
- Involved with Test Coverage Metrics and Defect metrics such as Defect Density, Delivered Defect Density, Defects by Severity, Number of Defects, and Defects perbuild, Defect Fix Rate, Test Case Utility, Test Effort and various other measurements.
- Interact with end users and investigate issues related to the QA .
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users. Prepared end user documentation for the new system
- Used Quality Centre to store all testing results, metrics, implemented Testplan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking& Reporting.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues. Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using Quality Centre
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using Quality Centre .
- Expertise in generating the daily defect detailed report using Quality Centre for the other project stake holders and the project Management
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Centre .
- Created automated test scripts using SeleniumWeb-Driver , TestNG , Maven and used Jenkins to execute these test scripts periodically using Java . Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers and Safari using TestNG framework.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework and Page Object Model ( POM ) for various projects.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium Web-Driver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java , Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG and JUnit.
- Conversant in identifying the correct GUI elements for creating automation scripts using Selenium locators such as name, ID, Link Text, CSS Selector and XPath.
- Extensively involved in Front-end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases) with either Test Driven Development ( TDD )/Acceptance Test Driven Development ( ATDD ) and Behavioral Driven Development ( BDD ) approach.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNGAnnotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags
- Maintaining all manual test scripts and other artifacts like test data, test results and defect reports using JIRA .
- Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, Microsoft Office, HP QC/HP ALM, MySQL, Windows, Manual Testing, MS-Excel.
- Contribution to project success and quality by creating and maintaining automated tests
- Daily reconciliation of test automation errors in smoke and regression test environments
- Collaboration with developers to resolve defects blocking the successful completion of published test suites
- Collaboration with build master to ensure test automation framework solves overall quality assurance goals
- Partnership with Product Manager, QA Manager, Developer and Management on defining framework improvements, identifying process improvements, timely handling of test automation defects
- Designs test cases, scenarios and matrices for assigned modules, designs automated testing, and performs requirements based testing
- Undertake web and software accessibility and usability audits
- Participates actively in the planning, development, ongoing review and scheduling of testing environments to assure that developed products meet Product Management Use Case Design Specifications, customer expectations and total quality management limits and standards
- Document automation test case enhancements required for future releases
- Used ALM for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases
- Created Test Cases and scenarios for Defect tracking and reporting using ALM
- Created Regression suite for various test scenarios
- Tested and executed the suite whenever a code was changed
- Designed and involved in creating new architecture design using class methods
- Created several Test scripts to create Data Driven Tests, Batch tests and performed Exception handling
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository
- Developed Data Driven and Keyword Driven Frameworks in UFT
- Developed components, features, flow diagram and function library using VB Script
- Created and Execute the Business Process Tests (BPT) using UFT and ALM
- Execute Batch testing using Test Batch Runner tool, AOMscript, AutomationFramework and ALM tool
- Performed Back-end data base testing using SQL quires for Data integrity, Data Manipulations, Data Retrievals, Data Comparisons and Recovery operations
Environment: ALM/Quality Center, QTP(UFT), Window, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, MS Office, Java, J2EE, Windows XP, MS SQL Server, SQL Management Studio, MS Office, Agile, Ajax, HTML
Confidential -Charlotte, NC
- Involved in Preparing and executing the Quality Management Plan, Test Plan and conducted walk thorough of it
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle from requirements gathering to post-production
- Creation of the Test Strategy, Test Plan, and execution schedule Uploaded Test Plan, Test Cases, Weekly Status Reports, Issue Tracker
- Incorporated automated accessibility reporting and auditing capabilities directly within the Selenium testing framework.
- Participated in weekly Assessment Meetings with BAs, SMEs, and Developers and coordinated between Business Team, Development Team, and Testing Team
- Identified and Documented functional requirements using and mapping them to individual test case requirements in QC/ALM
- Test documentation management and requirements traceability using QualityCenter
- Reporting and documenting defects, change requests and test results using QualityCenter
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of Testcases
- Laid down the complete set of processes for the entire Testing lifecycle including, Integration, User Acceptance and System Test along with the Entry and Exit criteria for each phase of testing
- Reporting, tracking the status of the bugs and assigning severity ratings to them using Quality Center/ALM
- Used SQL statements to validate the quality
- Created Test Cases based on CCR (Change Control Requests) / Functional Specs
- Performed ManualTesting for Screen Navigation
- Created Test Scenarios for Positive, Negative, Integration and Regression testing of the application
- Expertise in designing AutomationFramework where test scripts are reusable and easily maintained
- Extensively used QTP for generating the automated test scripts also used data driven tests
- Maintained TestMatrix for summarized test results information
- Validated the application against the expected results by inserting Database
Environment: HP QTP(UFT), HP Quality Center/ALM, HTML, C#, ASP, Sharepoint, Oracle 10g, MS Excel, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
Software Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Functional specifications and Business requirements.
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance.
- Created and enhanced numerous testscripts to handle changes in the objects.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using SeleniumRC .
- Developed web application tests via SeleniumRC, Junit .
- Developed Test Plan of the application using Project Management Plan document.
- Used Quality Center for Maintain test cases and for Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting.
- Validation of Back end data using SQLscripts .
- Performed all various types of testing like smoke testing, Functional, Regression, System, Integration and User Acceptance testing.
- Maintained requirements traceability matrix using QualityCenter .
- Participated in meetings with Developers on change requests, Critical Issues and modifications.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Junit, Eclipse, Quality Center, HTML, SQL, XML, MS- Word, MS-Excel, Windows.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases.
- Create Update and Review of the test cases for assigned features.
- Executed the test cases as per schedule, bug detecting and updating the status.
- Performed sanity, functional, regression, security and system testing.
- Involved in sending test status report to dev team on daily basis.
- Involved in manual testing and bug fixing of the application
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by Writing SQL queries.