- Senior QA Engineer with 8+ years of experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications in manual and automation testing with a solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)andSoftware Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in different domains likeHealthcare, Insurance,and E - commerce.
- Experience in working with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) models like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Actively involved in stand-up meetings, Sprint Planning Meeting, Review Meeting, Defect Triage Meeting, And Retrospective Meeting, go.
- Conversant in developing, documenting, and executing test cases manually as well as generating automated scripts using Selenium.
- Hands on experience in functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, white box testing, API Testing, back-end testing , in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent skills in automation testing using Selenium Web driver with Java as programming language.
- Worked with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Good working experience in open source automation tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid and Eclipse.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique CSS and XPath locators using source code of the page to identify each unique element.
- Experience in developing test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver and developing Test Frameworks using TestNG/JUnit, Maven tools.
- Experience in configuring application framework by processing MS-excel spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Extensively used TestNG for parallel Testing.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks such as Page Object Model Driven, Data Driven, and Hybrid.
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining Maven build jobs in Jenkins using POM file.
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework.
- Used Log4j for logging the test logs using loggers and Appenders for various log levels.
- Extensive usage of version control software such as GIT.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP/ALM,BugZilla, Rally, JIRA bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL Queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the SQL Database using different servers and used JDBC connections.
- Executed web services testing using SoapUI tool for SOAP, Postman tool for Rest Web services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Mobile testing.
- Good Technical, Analytical, Presentation and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Methodologies: AGILE (SCRUM), WATERFALL
Testing tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SOAPUI, JUnit, TestNG
Tools: Maven, Jenkins, GIT
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: WINDOWS, Unix, Linux
Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, Data driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model, BDD
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Project management tool: JIRA, Rally,, Bugzilla, HPALM/QC
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Utilities: Eclipse, SQL
API testing: SOAP, REST
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methodology to check the functionality of the application.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, Positive and Negative testing and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, and Maven.
- Worked with cross-functional teams as a part of Agile environment.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Developed automated test scripts in Behavior driven development (BDD) using Cucumber.
- Well worked on Maven and performed different operations on pom.xml file to gather required dependencies and run numerous test scripts.
- Executed test scripts relating to mouse hover using Actions class and found hidden elements using XPath, CSS Selector and window handle classes.
- Involved in creating automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven to test web application.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI.
- Developed scripts and performed operations on the web elements.
- Generate TestNG reports for analyzing the output of tests.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Involved in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Used Git as version control for storing the test scripts.
- Performed back-end testing with the help of SQL queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Participated in Daily Scrum, Defect Triage Meetings, Release Planning meeting and used JIRA Tool and peer review with team.
- Involved in RESTFULWeb services testing using POSTMAN Tool.
- Validated request and response using assertions such as XPath and Contains assertions.
- Performed change defects verification of data in QA environment, before the Production implementation.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, SQL server, XML, HTML, Maven, Selenium Grid, Agile, Jenkins, JIRA, POSTMAN, Soap UI, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Corpus Christi, TX
Senior QA Engineer
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and Review of Test Cases.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and Creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Interacted with client, Development team to understand and gather the Functional and Non-Functional requirements for projects/each release.
- Developed automated Test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality with Selenium.
- Designed, developed and implemented Test Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java in Eclipse.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness &completeness.
- Executed and managed functional, integration, and system test cases. Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Involved in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files in POM.xml.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of theapplication development using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts and executing them.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Regression using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Worked on Integration of Selenium RC/WebDriver with existing API to test Framework.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Id’s and XPath in Selenium.
- Wrote Features using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber for User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Configured Jenkins build job for continuous Integration and for Regression Testing.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and SoapUI).
- Validated SOAP responses by adding Assertions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Involved in preparation of test plan for every product created, updated stories and tasks in JIRA.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, SQL server, XML, HTML, Maven, Selenium Grid, Agile, Jenkins, JIRA, POSTMAN, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior QA Analyst
- Prepared Test Conditions, Test cases, Mapping test cases to the scenarios, performed functional as well as system integration testing.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test script according to the Business requirements and System Requirements.
- Feasibility analysis and test effort estimation of automating the testing using Selenium WebDriver using JAVAand JUnit/TestNG for Web Application.
- DevelopedData-Driven framework for application using Selenium.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Involved in setting up configure the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG, and Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Performance, Integration and Usability testing.
- Used Git as a source repository system to share code.
- Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Worked on Jenkins for Continuous integration.
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries.
- Performed Web Services testing with SOAP UI and Performed Security Testing.
- Involved with working in all phases of SDLC methodologies.
- Test Execution in UAT environment and managing the test scripts and test results in Rally.
- Participated in meetings and work with Development team & Business Analysts for defect triage, Biweekly Agile Sprint Planning meetings, and Daily Scrum meetings.
- Status reporting to all project stakeholders.
- Generating Test and Defect Metrics for client manager and release management.
Environment: Selenium IDE/ Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SQL Server, GIT,Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Junit, SOAP UI, Eclipse IDE, JIRA.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Approach/Strategy documents.
- Attended Change Request Meetings to ensure products and changes are fully documented for further Test changes.
- Manually tested the Web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality.
- Created Test Plans and Scenario which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Prepared Test Cases based on Business Requirements and required documents.
- Actively participated in the weekly meetings.
- Contributed functional and technical assistance/production support, including service requests and response, worked with SQL.
- Maintained automated test scripts for the regression, performance and various GUI test cases using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Data Validation of the data flow from the front-end to the back-end by executing SQL scripts.
- Performed Data Integrity Testing, Functionality Testing& Back-end testing.
- Gathered business requirements from users and created designs for enhancements.
- Created test plans, conditions, scripts, and test data.Performed product testing, user acceptance, remote user testing, usability testing, and resolved system defects.
- Resolved program Compile Errors, defects and Environmental issues.
- Performed Security Testing on the application.
- Detected, reported and tracked defects, developed reports using Quality Center.
- Interacted with developing team to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, Quality Center, MySQL, HTML, CSS, MS Excel.