- Around 7 years of professional experience in software testing, automation in domain technologies like Finance & Banking, Health Care and E - commerce.
- Strong knowledge of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug Life cycle and methods like Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
- Extensive experience in developing scripts for automation using Selenium WebDriver in Java Test Framework like JUnit/ TestNG and Maven for web application.
- Hands-on experience in setting up the SDET environment of Automation tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Selenium Web Driver for automating test cases of web applications.
- Experience in building Test Scripts using Java and JUnit / TestNG Frameworks.
- Experience in developing/maintaining Test Framework for Automation using Selenium and Java (Page Object Model, Keyword Driven and Data-Driven models).
- Experience in manual testing and automation testing of SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAPUI, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB parser and using Middleware Testing and SOA Testing.
- Good knowledge of setting up the SDET environment for automation in Appium & Cucumber, running test cases for applications that are running on iOS and Android devices.
- Strong expertise in designing and executing the SQL queries in MS SQL server, MYSQL, Oracle SQL Developer in order to ensure the data integrity and to perform the backend testing.
- Proficient in automation testing to perform different types of testing such as Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Extensive use of HP Quality Center tool as the test management tool and the defect tracking tool.
- Experience in Configuration Management tools like CSS, SVN, and GIT.
- Well Experienced in using JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, Quality Center as defect tracking tools.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX. Well Experienced in tools like JIRA, Rally.
- Skilled in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven .
- Web pages development using JAVA, HTML, MySQL, and MVC Design Pattern, OOPS, JAVA/J2EE, JDBC, Exception handling, multi-threading, Networking, Java Collections.
Language:: Java, C, C++, SQL, Java, XML, HTML, CSS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL, MongoDB
Web Services: SOAPUI, RESTful Services, WSDL, UDDI, Rest Assured, Postman
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, Appium, TestNG, JUnit, Chrome Developer Tools Labs, JMeter, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire path, J2EE, Log4j, JXL
Build Tools/Coverage Tools: Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
Servers: Apache Tomcat, Amazon Web Services
Testing Methodologies: System, Acceptance, Functionality, Regression, Build Acceptance Testing, Go-Live Testing
IDE s: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans
Platforms: Windows, iOS, Unix
Version Control/Desktop Applications: Git, SVN, CVS
Automation Test Engineer
- Evaluated all the technical documents for test plan, test scenario template, Editorial, Comps and the Wireframes to understand the requirements.
- Reported Ambiguities present in the various documents.
- Responsible for creating test cases in the Quality Center.
- Performed various types of testing such as Sanity Testing, Functional testing, Automation testing, Regression testing, Post pre-production, and Post-production testing, usability testing, UI testing.
- Automated functional test cases of the web application using Selenium WebDriver/Java/TestNG.
- Executed SOAP-based web services API testing.
- Used XML files in sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing in SOAPUI.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http Java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Handled various methods using Http GET, Http POST, HTTP DELETE, HTTP PUT method.
- Created the Test Plans and Test Cases from scratch based on the business requirements.
- Analyzed the issues, reported and tracked the bugs in Quality Center.
- Active Participation in resolving the Production/Pre-production issues.
- Used SourceTree/GitHub for checking in our automation scripts.
- Used Jenkins to as a continuous integration tool.
- Used Oracle SQL developer to verify the integrity of the data by writing SQL Queries.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, XPath, Firebug, Fire-Path, IDE, Java, Quality Center, Agile, Oracle SQL Developer, Jenkins, SourceTree, GitHub, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, Log4j, JDBC, Web Service Testing.
Confidential, SFO, CA
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
- Analyze user stories and participate in various meetings like Sprint planning, Scrum Meetings, Review Sessions & Sprint Retrospective.
- Develop and Execute test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver/Java, TestNG and analyze Test Results.
- Perform parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Manage the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Use the Page object Framework for ease of maintenance of scripts.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validate request and response XML. Add assertions to validate the XML for SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Apache Http Client uses an Http Uri Request to send and receive data and handled various methods using Http GET, Http POST, HTTP DELETE, HTTP PUT method.
- Perform backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Manage individual sprints, user stories, Test defect cycle, and tasks using Jira as a tracking tool.
- Perform Functional testing as per user stories and also perform Integration Testing & Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Use GitHub as a Version control & source repository system.
- Use Jenkins for continuous integration of test automation scripts
- Verify the integration of various components in the application and execute end-to-end testing.
- Participate in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Java, Oracle, Selenium WebDriver, XPath, Firebug, Fire Path, JXL, Agile, TestNG, Log4j, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, GitHub, Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, SoapUI, JMeter, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, XML, CSS, JSON, HTML.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss major features of the application, test cases to write and execute.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for an end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Created Data Driven Framework to test with different sets of test data using JDBC connection.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and JUnit.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need-based) using ANT and Jenkins.
- Completed SOA testing using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web services testing.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests.
- Used Http Apache Client with various Http methods.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Worked on creating test cases for a data-driven framework for selenium web driver
- Performed manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from the database for executing user-specific test cases.
- Closely involved with the development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
- Developed and validated automation test plans and test scripts from scratch using Selenium Web driver and Java.
- Designing, developing, and implementing automated testing systems by writing and documenting test cases based on test scenario and test data to identify bugs and rewrite requirements.
- Work with the Automation Engineering team to automate test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, enhance the scripts, debugging the scripts.
- Check, and verify the XML Configuration file to run smoke and regression tests for specific functionalities.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG.
- Utilized Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JXL and Apache POI to design and develop a data-driven framework.
- Creating custom SQL queries which helped to extract necessary data as a requirement of the system.
- Conducting exploratory testing by performing Functional Testing, GUI Testing, End to End Testing and Acceptance Testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of products.
- Communicating feature interaction problems and identify coding problems across the system.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, XML, JXL, Apache POI, SQL server, Eclipse (IDE), GitHub.
Associate Software Engineer-Java
- Overhauled five applications based on Java for West Coast University and American Career College across 10 locations and 10000+ students for the upcoming semester.
- Worked with a team of 7 members to assimilate the changes in through agile methodology for different applications and their functionalities according to their proprieties.
- Developed and supported application process for students, applying from separate locations following the distinct set of rules for various departments, using PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Created Unit tests using different API’s available, to test the code under expected circumstances that might occur in the application because of intended misuse and/or practical limitations.
- Communicated with the client about the estimation, priorities, and limitations after analyzing requirements to let them make decision and changes within the development cycle.
- Engineered a reliable communication between database and application for retrieving data - by writing SQL queries, procedure, and functions in MySQL - that guarantees the intended function of the system.
- Drafted technical documents to interpret the flow of the program and rendering queries related to redundant jobs, procedures, its direction, and purpose to improve the performance by further abridging or altering the code.
- Implemented a Test-Driven Development using open source unit testing framework like JUnit testing to build more accurate and flawless applications.
Environment: Eclipse, Java, Junit Test, MVC 4, MySQL Server.