- Having 6+ Years of experience working as a Quality Engineer, Validation Engineer & Manufacturing Engineer in various domains.
- Amassed considerable knowledge and experience in auditing and qualifying changes to production processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the company Quality Management System.
- Provide methodical and independent assessment of business processes and their effectiveness in the enterprise
- Have performed production processes and procedural changes include new product lines, process improvements (promoting efficiency), implementing cost saving measures, production rate increases, etc.
- Lead Six - Sigma (6α) activities to reduce manufacturing process variation resulting in improved product quality.
- Have utilized a variation of specific business tools to resolve technical, quality, compliance and production process issues for:
- Qualification, fabrication, repair and restoration
- Installation and qualification production equipment to specification requirements.
- Assists in the maintenance of ISO documentation and conducts audits to ensure compliance to the documented processes, policies, and work instructions
- Direct hands on leadership with strong quality system acumen in post market surveillance/product failure analysis, Suppler Quality, DHF/FMEA assessment & Remediation Projects, Risk Management, CAPA, process improvement, complaint handling/MDR, and MDD/AIMDD.
- Have also experienced working with cross-functional teams on major production cost-reduction and production efficiency/improvement/modification projects.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies, and strategies with good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Waterfall & Agile
- Have used standard Process Management tools (e.g. Process Profiles, Process Maps, RACI charts)
- Have used proven problem solving tools and techniques (e.g. Six Sigma) as needed for analysis and improvement
- Have been involved in reliability testing & prediction, stress screening, and failure analysis
- Have ensured the integration, optimization, and maintenance of robust quality practices and documentation.
- Support quality process through review and update of FMEA, control plans, work instructions, and other quality system documentation
- Have been involved in Performs analysis, tests and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Working with Engineering to determine appropriate methods for capably measuring key dimensions and attributes to ensure that the product will meet all customer requirements
- Performed analysis of test results to determine products meet specification and engineering requirements.
- Create documentation packages and track the procurement of material. Create testing device functional specifications and communicate specifications with hardware software developers.
- Identify potential opportunities for in-house manufacture of new products, lead efforts in the design/development, assist with the process development for ignition, emission and fuel system components, and provide support for a variety of existing product families.
- Oversee pre-production subassemblies and final assemblies through to pilot production. Provide estimated material costs.
- Implement/maintain/review product quality compliance (hardware and software) to Quality Management System for federal, state, local, company-specific regulations and customer technical specifications - for both in-house and subcontractor activity.
- Ensure product compliance and initiate changes to MIC and blue prints for effective product inspection
- Documenting process inefficiencies - providing justification for budget allocation to proceed with cost-saving measures.
- Proficient in Bug Reporting and Tracking Bug Reports.
- Manage the project schedule for Quality in the production, acceptance, warranty, and modifications.
- Reviews and reports on documentation for supplier and subcontractors - drawings, processing documents, FAI, audit reports, etc.
- Create matrix for evaluation and re-evaluation of Vendors, customers, and management to ensure performance traceability
- Investigate root cause, collaborate with multifunctional teams, and responds to customer complaints
- Provide input into audit, validation of methods and continuous improvement.
- Perform process capability studies, evaluate process effectiveness, identify improvement opportunities, and drive continuous improvement.
- Have also provided trending information from data available on a regular interval to indicate areas of risk to the organization
- Have reviewed and approved project documentation for compliance with appropriate quality standards and practices, not limited to:
- Manufacturing and Test travelers
- Rework documentation
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills.
- Experienced in ANSYS 17.2 for effective Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of part production.
- Expertise in AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS and SOLIDEDGE ST4, in designing mechanical components and assembling them into single part.
- Hands on experience in Siemens PLM NX 11.0, for determining lifecycle of a mechanical component based on the material which is used.
- Good knowledge in generating BOM, Team Center, Matlab, CATIA v5 and Pro-E wildfire 4.0 Designing tools.
- Hands on Experience in using LabView 15, for data collection, charts and graphs.
- Experience with Alternative energy systems cost analysis based on the energy requirement.
- Proficient in Minitab in generating ANOVA, correlation and regression, Hypothesis tests and confidence intervals, Control charts, process capability, Statistical Analysis and measurement system analysis.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suit, especially like word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Machine shop experience in using Lathe, CNC, Milling machine, Drill machine, hydraulic press machine, Injection Moulding machine, Welding, Grinding.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Quality Engineer/ Validation Engineer
- Involved in creating Test suites for distinctive features like Sales Activity, BBWC, Returning Legacy Customers, Goodwill using RQM tool
- Used Oats bench for enrollment and Registration of VCP (Vehicle Computing Platform)
- Validated successful on boarding application from backend (Global Advisor) application to the device
- Used ERRM command (WinSCP Tool) to validate the successful off boarding vehicle in the GAA Application
- Used ATT Tools for updating the OnStar features and functions and to check the log values assigned
- Validated Connected Vehicle services using VCS table that enables communication between the OnStar Data centers and the in-vehicle hardware
- Computing Mobile number assignment for all the Connected Vehicle using OnStar Mobile number data. All interactions of the carrier are managed through MNMS (Mobile Number Management System)
- Validated in purchasing OnStar data plan packages through GAA application and verifying in backend if the packages are created
- Run RPO code before the unit configuration in DB using sql queries
- Performed Region based test coverage for various applications (US, CA, MX)
- Upgraded the Batch package assignment through DB and validated the same in Global Advisor Application
- Interacted with Business Team, Creative Design, Developer to understand business scenario and functionality of Member Moments Application, Dynamic Email and marketing campaign
- Performed Smoke testing, End to End Testing and regression testing for all the Releases
- Used Agile methodology for all the Releases to ensure the quality and timely deliverables of the project
- Actively participated in Defect Triage calls and Daily stand up meetings
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Engineer/ Validation Engineer
- Provide daily technical support and guidance to all stakeholders, while also liaising with other functional areas.
- Ensuring fabricated components conform to engineering dimensional, GD&T, and process specification requirements.
- Promote consistency in the production and product review process by new employees, performing operator verification monitoring audits and monitoring operator accreditation. This included writing manuals to document each aspect of the production process (resin infused carbon fibre components).
- Ensuring robust, efficient and cost-effective production processes.
- Documenting process inefficiencies - providing justification for budget allocation to proceed with cost-saving measures.
- Project management of multiple cost-saving production process modifications, enabling production rate increases.
- Writing qualification plans, executing qualifications, and then writing qualification reports (reports approved after closing out non-compliant findings encountered during qualification execution) for both equipment and ‘fly-away’ production parts.
- Producing and maintaining work/manufacturing instructions in accordance with applicable authority documents.
- Perform First Article Inspection (FAI).
- Interrogating CATIA model to ensure finished components meet Model Based Definition (MBD) requirements.
- Monitoring, inspecting and reporting product compliance, process compliance and process efficiency.
- Maintaining SPC charting and reviewing of CPK values to establish production process quality control limits.
- Performing, and participating in, Lean Manufacturing initiatives to eliminate waste, reduce scrap and improve efficiency - resulting in reduced production costs.
- Lead Six-Sigma (6α) activities to reduce manufacturing process variation resulting in improved product quality.
- Initiate and follow through corrective/preventative action process to conclusion by recording corrective action cost savings.
- Integrate with operations and management to ensure process knowledge, lessons learned during development work/trials and previous manufacturing history, are captured and implemented as cost saving initiatives.
- Preparation of technical and performance data for program reviews and presentation.
- In consultation with engineering leadership, provide advice and recommendations concerning improvement and cost reduction opportunities during the product development phase, product implementation phase and on-going production.
- Provide MQE input into product design to ensure product is optimized for manufacture.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Involved in test case development, testing and validation of web-based software applications for Ford & Lincoln Motor Company
- Reviewed creative designs, functional specifications, and business requirements to perform manual testing and report defects throughout the software development life cycle.
- Performed mobile testing using iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Responsible for Testing Analysis, Quality Assurance and Test Documentation for Web based and Client/Server Testing included Working with the mobile IOS and Android development team maintaining and enhancing the Sync API frameworks.
- Involved in Regression, Integration, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Active participation in Defect Review meeting and Daily Standup meetings.
- Performed Smoke, Integration, and regression testing for new releases.
- Participated in Sprint planning and Retrospective meeting before the end of release build
- Performed functional testing and content testing of Global Account Manager
- Validated the functionality of Online Credit Application process based upon the Application Process User Interface requirements.
- Working with Business team and analyzing the objective of business scenario to understand business rule and application functionality for Payment Estimator.
- Interacted with Test Lead, Project Manager and Software Developers for bug reviews and addressing issues while adhering to existing standards and best practices and participated in QA meetings.
- Used Agile (Scrum Master) principles, standards, and procedures to ensure the quality of the results, timely delivery and the management of scope, schedule, and budget of projects.
- Executed Cross-Browser testing, and Content Management System testing.
- Expertise in working with Business Analysis, Business Processes Mapping, Business Process.
- Created defect tickets in both STEP and JIRA, verifying in development, QA and production environments upon completion of said fix.
- Verified the tickets in HP Quality Center and triaging them to the development team accordingly after the defects are resolved.
- Created templates for vehicle features, highlights, accessories in Adobe CQ5 and ensure that the changes made mirror in the production site.
- Executed Go Live smoke testing on cross browsers, Cross OS, mobile and tablet devices per project at hand.
- Attended Stand up/ scrum meetings on daily basis with team members.
- Worked on CATIA-V5, UG NX, Solid Works for part design, generative shape design, sheet metal, assembly, drafting
- Workbenches, product design of plastic parts and sheet metal heavy fabrication and stamping for Tata Motors.
- Mainly worked on engineering changes and good knowledge of feasibility studies related to a product, good experience with plastics and plastic injection molding in CATIA-V5 and UG NX.
- Designed and developed (Jigs and Fixtures), assemblies or systems to be produce sheet metal production process.
- Worked on CATIA-V5 and UG NX in interior plastic parts, cockpit, hand rest, IP, console of automotive components.
- Experienced in GD & T, DFMEA, PFMEA to design in CATIA-V5, UG NX and Solid Works for better manufacturing.
- Lead team of 15 technicians for production of body in white (BIW) components such as fender, bonnet and outer door assembly and injection molding components such as door panel assembly and console assembly.
- Spear headed the process of cost reduction using nesting software and saved 15% of total sheet metal cost.
- Involved dealing with issue of production cost, feasibility, quality, performance, reliability.
- Developed products such as engine mounting frames, dummy containers, boilers, sheet metal works, pressure vessels, tightening tower frames, robotics different parts, heavy sheet metal jobs, injection molding plastic parts.
- Designed and developed new products in automotive parts in plastic and heavy fabrication jobs in sheet metal.
- Managed multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines with problem solving mentality.
- Developed and maintained production process flow, write Work Instruction, Standard Operating procedures and follow
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Problem solved related to process, quality, customer complaints by conducting Root cause analysis by using lean tools like 5Why, Fishbone, 8D.