- 8+ Years of industry experience in the area of Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting & Tracking.
- Extensive experience in Manual testing that is functionality testing, Regression Testing, validation testing, performance testing, White Box, Black Box Testing, System Testing, Build Verification Testing, Load testing using Automation Tools.
- Strong experience in Mobile device and Web Based applications for Server and Client testing.
- Experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle with specific focus on testing.
- Experience in all major software development methodologies such as agile, waterfall.
- Experience working with Onshore - Offshore resource model.
- Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test cases and executing Test Cases and Test scripts using business requirements and design documents.
- Strong experience in performing Back end testing by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Experience on Automation testing on Perfecto mobile platform.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Reporting, Bug Tracking using Defect Tracking Tools like HP Quality Center, IBM Test Central,Bugzilla,Jira, zephyr,DMS and OEM specific tools.
- Expertise in testing different mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, blackberry, android smartphones & tablets, windows phone and web base application in different environments.
- Good knowledge of OOP language Java and testing tools like Selenium/Appium, android studio.
- Experience for organizing the meetings, prepare agenda for the meeting, attending regular calls from and discuss weekly status with the developers followed by sending status reports on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks well and work on multiple test projects at the same time, ability to work well in fast paced, team dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, taking business concept to analysis and potentially lead in QA through, debugging, testing, defect documentation, regression and conclusion
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- Functional Requirements
- Scripting & Documentation
- Regression & Negative Testing
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- SDLC and SAFe Agile
- Testing Automation
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Test Strategies &Coverage
- API testing (Rest clients)
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Managing and leading QA team of 5 to 6 members in onshore- offshore and delivering 3 to 4 projects in a monthly release cycle.
- Responsibilities was involved in all stage of SDLC using SAFe agile for the Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) for commercial and Government based Medicaid and Medicare membership for all different MMS(Medical Management System).
- Involved in new development, support, enhancement of application.
- Worked with business leaders to translate business requirements and processes into test cases according to Facets package requirements and subsequent effective configuration.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end to end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Worked under HIPAA compliance standards.
- Mentored and managed team members on different projects on how to write and execute test cases for the different projects.
- Took initiative in creating a defect / bug tracking document in Excel that is used to report issues/problems during the different phases of the project: Development, Staging (QA), and Production.
- Analyzed Use Cases and worked with development and Business Analyst to create quality test grids, test cases, and test scripts. Also used JIRA to track defects.
- Exposed to light automation in Selenium using Java.
- Identified and maintained defects and provide detailed written descriptions of problems uncovered during testing.
- Created a defect tracking log and maintained it and lead the efforts in reporting defects daily to the managers of the different projects on the Local and NASCO Membership systems and enrollment systems.
- Worked closely with and reported testing results to testing and quality management.
- Performed Smoke testing, end to end functional and integration testing and regression testing on their websites.
- Developed, maintained, executed, and validated test plans and test cases to ensure quality of software solutions, including Production rollouts.
- Reported the projects daily, weekly, monthly status to business and testing discrepancies to the developers
Environment: Windows, JIRA, Confluence, MongoDB, Selenium, Eclipse, Rest, API, SOAP UI, JMeter, Postman, Jenkins IBM data studio, HIPPA, FACETS, PEGA CRM, Unix, Splunk, Citrix, ICR, XML, JSON, Java, Putty, Zephyr, POS, and MS Office
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Develop and implement manual and automated test plans & test cases.
- Identifying test requirements, developing test strategies, creating appropriate test harnesses and maintain functional test plans.
- Add test cases, log defects, and implement enhancement test plans using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Performing Functional, Integration and Regression testing to ensure minimal UAT defects.
- Performing API testing using Postman and logged bugs and defects using test manager tools like Team Foundation Server and MS Test Manager.
- Maintaining a keen user perspective of systems/applications under test while partnering with Software Engineers for technical testing and analysis efforts
- Working with the Business Analysts and Product Managers for identifying system requirements and also helped in building functional user stories and creating developer’s tasks.
- Develop regression and smoke test suites and proactively report issues to ensure a seamless user experience is provided.
- Perform requirement gathering, test planning, test execution and root cause defect analysis while working in agile environment.
- Validate application functionality meets or exceeds business and technical requirements.
- Coordinate delivery of scoped activities within software builds and filed descriptive defect reports.
- Perform audit functions to ensure appropriate procedures are followed.
- Work with engineering/development team to understand the Software Development processes & needs.
- Resolve issues while supporting production/release and post-production activities by troubleshooting.
- Mentor newly joined test engineers, task assignments and coaching/development of testing best practices.
Environment: Windows, Team Foundation Server (TFS), VMware, MySQL, MS SQL Server 2012, CosmosDB, Microsoft Test Management (MTM), Visual Studio 2017, Selenium, Eclipse, Rest, API, SOAP UI, JMeter, Postman, Jenkins, Unix, XML, JSON, Java, and MS Suite
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Working as Sr. QA for My Verizon Mobile application on Android, iOS & Windows phones and tablets.
- Leading and managing the on-shore and off-shore QA teams in India for My Verizon mobile projects.
- Working with Developers and Business Analysts to define test scenarios to ensure test coverage and test requirements are fully complete and nail down the technical problems.
- Creating Test Plan, Test Case for Android, iOS, Server, Database and we just added Test Plan for Watch based platform for Apple Watch and Android Wear.
- Responsible for testing both Clients and App Server API using Oracle SQL server and UNIX to validate app server and database.
- Validating client and server request response in JSON or XML format using Android studio and putty logs.
- Every Enhancement, participated in reviewing Design Wireframe and Release Overview documents to understand User Interface flow
- Performing automated scripts for functional and regression testing utilizing Selenium Appium
- Coordinate with Business and development team for issues resolution and ensure the quality of the software under test in SAFe agile environment.
- Analyze user requirements document and develop test plan which includes test objectives, Test Strategies, Test environment, Test Priorities, Test Cases etc.
- Performing various testing types included performance testing, regression testing, UAT testing, SIT testing, and smoke testing for back-end for mobile and web applications for retail POS.
- Responsible for coordinating test data preparation and code movements into test environments.
- Reporting bugs in Jira (previously in Quality Center) and assigns to respective team members and keeps track of the bugs.
- Validated and executing XML scripts using JMeter tool for different API and OS level notifications.
- Developed test Suite and Test cases for Front-end, Web service API testing using OOP language Java and Testing tools like Selenium/Appium.
- Take part in Change control which takes place once every week and making sure the preloads and server code changes are deployed in production.
- Expertise in validating and giving the sign off to release the app to Google play store and App store release to the customer.
- Validated the request and response in server logs for server errors which are running on UNIX boxes by using Putty.
- Expertise in collecting the logs & analyze the logs file in initial level using android studio and android sdk for defect found during the testing.
- Running Regression test to Daily Sanity Test to validate client to server transaction validation.
- Leading the defect review meeting with Developer, Project Manager and Business Analyst to validate issue status, fix status, and production update weekly.
Environment: Windows, HP Quality Center, ALM, Perfecto, Selenium, Appium, Eclipse, Rest, API, SOAP UI,JMeter, Postman, Jenkins Oracle SQL, Unix, XML, JSON, Java, Putty, Android Studio, JIRA, Zephyr,Retail POS, and MS Office
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Sr. Software Verification Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and Use Cases, prepared Test Strategy and test plan.
- Interacted with Business and Technical leads/developers for understanding the requirements.
- Created all Test plan, Test Cases and to create great coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Performed System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Documented and tracked test plans, test results and reported test defects using HP Quality Center and IBM DMS.
- Involved in triage management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
- Worked with the team to coordinate the test case turnover process proceeding each cycle and selectively executed the test cases to verify that they are kept current.
- Involved in QA team meetings as QA lead and gave updates to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for conducting Integration, End-to-End testing to make sure business work flow is sufficiently replicated.
- Investigated software bugs and reported to the developers using Quality Center.
- Interacting with developers to resolve the technical issues.
- Assisted the Newly Joined test team members to understand the application and team work flow.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team.
Environment: Windows, HP Quality Center, Web service, JMeter, Postman, Oracle, SQL, Unix, XML, JSON, Java, Putty, Android Studio, Selenium, IBM defect management System and MS Office
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Worked closely with Developers team to improve quality and stability on different strategic projects.
- Performed menu trees, explanatory matrix and different kinds of Lab and field test like System, regression, protocol, sanity, application, Wi-Fi, Mobile Hotspot, KPI, throughput on different chip sets on different Networks.
- Performed mobile device testing in VoLTE, LTE, CDMA, UMTS, and GSM networks for major US Wireless Carriers and Device Manufacturers for software and hardware performance.
- Check the defect verification and issue reproduction for the upcoming product.
- Perform all different testing using various logging tools like QXDM, QCAT, QMICM, X CAL, IMS logger, ETS, Spy tracer and RMPC etc.
- Worked with Internal Departments to complete manual and automation testing using various scripts.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interfaced with developers to resolve them.
- Prepared test execution daily schedule and responsible for assigning task to all testing team members.
- Attended weekly meetings to present the work status report and defect status report.
- Attended reviews and walkthroughs to better understand the requirement documents.
Environment: VoLTE, LTE, CDMA, UMTS, GSM, QXDM, QCAT, QMICM, X CAL, IMS logger, ETS, Spy tracer, RMPC, RDX, PLM, IBM Clear Quest, Windows, MS office, Unix.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
QA Test Engineer
- Worked on system testing as well as live network testing of various smart phones and tablets.
- Performed IOT testing in LTE, CDMA, UMTS, and GSM networks for major US Wireless Carriers and Device Manufacturers for software and hardware Validation.
- Performed various field testing on devices using QXDM, ETS, XCAL, Wire shark, and collecting logs to review by Protocol engineers.
- Performed DFIT (call processing and data throughput) for Confidential in FIT testing.
- Network interface testing and collecting logs using AP Logs, Dump Logs, RDX tools (Extractor Tool for Ram Dump), TCP logs, ADB logs.
- Collecting logs for various devices to check the functionality and network connectivity using Through Put Testing, Regression Testing, KPI Testing, IPv6 and Sanity Testing.
- Experience working on running Metrico/Spirent and Verizon DFIT live market static and mobility tests.
- Represent company for LTE IOT Test for certification of devices for client.
- Collecting all logs and organizing it to make it daily reports and uploading it to server.
- Worked on Manual and Automation testing, test schedule planning, test case execution, Documentation and Execution.
- Test various devices battery life with various conditions using Monsoon Power Monitor as well as running the scripts on the devices to test it automatically.
- Experience on Creating drive routes based on coverage maps and cell sites conditions and update it on timely basis.
- Worked on developing and executing Test Strategy, Test Scenario, Test Plan, Test cases
- Proficient in using the defect tracking tools like Test Director and Clear Quest (CQCM)
- Worked on wireless networks 802.11 a/b/g, Bluetooth, CDMA and GPRS test cases.
Environment: VoLTE, LTE, CDMA, UMTS, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, QXDM, QCAT, QMICM, X CAL, IMS logger, ETS, Spy tracer, RMPC, RDX, PLM, IBM Clear Quest, Windows, MS office, Unix.
- Understand the business requirement document and prepare test cases.
- Responsible for performing the Regression tests for every new builds, candidate builds and modifications in production, development and QA environments
- Tested the functionality of the application Manually
- Executed individual test cases to satisfy both positive and negative testing and logged the bugs in to the bug tracking system.