- Over 7 + years of professional experience in Information Technology as Quality Analyst with extensive experience in performing Manual and Automated Testing.
- Good understanding and experience working on AGILE Methodologies and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge in Object Oriented analysis and design - Business analysis, Requirements management, functional specification writing, test case preparation and QA.
- Involved in analysis, design and quality assurance of Web-based/PC-based/E-commerce and Client/server applications for Financial, Retail, POS, industries and others.
- Experienced in developing use cases, user interface specifications, and user requirement specification documents.
- Expertise in designing and developing strategic Test plans, Test Cases, and Test Reports for manual test.
- Extensive experience in performing System Testing, Functionality Testing (Black Box), White box testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Database Testing and User acceptance testing.
- Professional experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing NUnit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Designed automation framework using C# .NET and JAVA automation scripts.
- Expertise in designing & developing Data Driven Framework using VBScript to validate Test case against different data set.
- Extensively experienced in using HP Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server (TFS) and JIRA for bug tracking and reporting the modification requests.
- Logging defects using different bug tracking tools, retesting defects and generating Defect Reports.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing using Selenium Webdriver on both platforms as well as cross platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE).
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend testing and validation of data.
- Extensively used web services validation tools like RESTful, SOAPUI to validate SOAP/WSDL and web services for Request and Response.
- Regular Status report maintenance and reporting to leads in proactive approach so that team accomplish deadlines.
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications quickly and ability to work in short schedules and on different applications concurrently.
Languages: C#, JAVA, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, PowerShell
Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Quality Center, TFS, VSTS, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), SOAPUI, POSTMAN, TOAD, Specflow, Cucumber
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Automation Engineer/ SDET
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Wrote test cases using MTM (Microsoft Team Manager)
- Logged, Enhancements and production defects in TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using C# that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Involved in validating the Web Services related to Customer, Account and Transaction Management using the SOAPUI.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using behavior driven approach (BDD) such as Specflow.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Web Developer Tools to do web-based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Created Selenium webdriver automation scripts to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API using SOAPUI and C# .NET framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in TFS.
- Creation of Pester test for the PowerShell scripts to verify functionality and allow for regression validation.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
QA Automation Engineer/SDET
- Performed meetings with Business Analysts and End Users to review functional/technical requirements and responsible to translate business requirements into quality assurance test cases.
- Worked in TOAD to develop and execute test scripts in SQL, to validate the test cases.
- Assisted Business Analysts in preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), positive and negative test scenarios, detailed oriented Test Scripts, Test Kickoff documents, Test Scorecard for test progress status, Test Results, Release Checklist, Lessons Learned documents and Regression Test Suite for future use.
- Worked existing Selenium Automation Framework with JAVA using Data Driven Testing.
- Designed structured User Interface UI automated Test cases using Selenium Webdriver in JAVA for web-based software products used to perform software testing.
- Planned ahead of time to test the mapping parameters and variables by discussing with BA’s.
- Extensively used JIRA to track defects and managed them.
- Wrote scenarios and tests in gherkin language in Cucumber with JAVA.
- Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate that the developed application meets the business requirements.
- Wrote Selenium Webdriver test cases using JAVA language and TestNG.
- Extensively involved in testing from different data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, flat files) into the target Oracle database as per the data models.
- Mocked test data to test all the scenarios and test cases planned.
- Tested web services and REST apis using Postman.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Analyzed the testing progress by conducting walk through meetings with internal quality assurance groups and with development groups.
- Reviewed test activities through daily Agile Software development stand-up meetings.
- Helped developer in preparing test data, and also aided BA in understanding SQL scripts.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Excel reports are validated using SQL and embodying complex formulas in the Excel.
- Validated large number of files from CMS in MS access environment and loaded into oracle sandbox.
Environment: Java, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, PL/ SQL, MS SQL, Cucumber, Gherkin, Postman, Oracle, Selenium Webdriver, Selenium IDE, TestNG.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked in an agile methodology being involved in every stages of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings and discussed the progress made in the previous sprint, then planned for the next sprint with brainstorming for ideas with the team.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Test Automation Planning, Developing and Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Tracking.
- Wrote automation Java scripts with Selenium Webdriver and JUnit for automating regression and functional testing.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Jira and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions.
- Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing and data validation.
- Executed backend operations like queries like joins, select, update in Oracle Server.
- Significantly contributed in the areas of technical documentation and actively collaborated with team in driving review and approval process.
Environment: Java, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, JUnit, SQL Assistant, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, TOAD, Flat files, MS access
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Participated in writing multiple classes, reading/writing excel interface for Hybrid Framework to test cases for money transfer, open account, debit card, credit card, personal loan and auto loan application, Transaction verification etc.
- Status reporting and test updating in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Involved in writing test scripts using C# .NET and executed it through Selenium WebDriver for Functional and Regression testing.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End, Navigational and Regression tests during the execution phase.
- Delivered overall Test Summary reports using TFS and tracked, reviewed, analyzed compared tests.
- Performed Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Specflow and C#.
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using web developer tools.
- Wrote Data driven, Cross Browser automation test cases and executed them for Cross browser compatibility using Selenium Webdriver .
- Used SVN tool for Source code management and also used Selenium Grid for parallel, Batch Test Execution.
- Used Soap UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database (RDBMS) for Data Validation and Data Integrity
Environment: Windows, Team Foundation Server, SOAPUI, Specflow, REST, Selenium WebDriver, SQL Server, C# .NET, CSS, XML, MS Office, Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers, Selenium Grid
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
- Involved in analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application.
- Worked as QA for performing API launches, white box testing, data testing. Tested and analyzed SQL queries and XML code to validate data and database mappings.
- Developed high level test plan document along with the test specification document outlining various iterations and regression testing needed for the project.
- Participated in deployments and upgrades of the application.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Attended periodic meetings with the development team and with the business analysts to provide feedback.
- Created test sets and execute those test cases in the Test lab module of (Quality Center) QC to make sure actual result is same as the expected result.
- Performed Smoke testing, Black box Testing, Security Testing, web testing and GUI testing.
- Logged Defects in Defect module of the QC, assigned priority, Severity and status to the defect.
- Worked Extensively with Business Analyst and Developers to discuss the defects and their fixes.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members, provided written status reports of testing.
Environment: SQL, Quality Center, Agile, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Web testing, GUI Testing, MS SQL Server, Windows 2007, MS Office, SharePoint