- Over 8 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst in web - based, standalone and client/server applications testing. Excellent communication skills, self-starting & self-motivated with Multi-Cultural background. Expert in Agile, Waterfall and SDLC Project management and software testing methodologies.
- Proficient in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Quality Assurance Standards
- Proficient in complete lifecycle of the project which includes gathering Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s), preparing Test Plans, review Design & Specification documents, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Extensive experience in developing Test Cases and execute Test Scripts and follow all the testing standards
- Extensive experience in testing JAVA/.Net web-based applications
- Experience in performing Manual Testing for both Front End and Back End Testing
- Expertise in problem solving, analyzing bugs, defect tracking using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/HP Quality Center 10.0,TFS and JIRA
- Adept in using build tools like Jenkins, Maven and SVN
- Develop and execute simple to complex SQL queries to define, manipulate and query various databases like MS SQL Server 2012/2008 and Oracle 9i/8i
- Experience in using SoapUI protocol for testing Web Services
- Good basic knowledge in Java, C, C++, Java Script, VB Script and HTML
- Proven ability to support multiple projects under tight deadlines with competing priorities and complexities
- Profound analytical and problem solving skills with an excellent team culture
- Interact with development team, team leads and team managers to discuss about the defects and issues raised while testing web applications
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Attend daily SCRUM and weekly QA meetings
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, JIRA, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Center, JUnit, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, TestNG, SOAPUI, Manual Testing, Appium (Mobile Testing), Selenium Automation.
Frameworks: Cucumber, TestNG, ProtractorFirefox Add-ons
SOA Technologies: SOAP, RESTful, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS (2008, 2010, 2012), JIRA.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server, Oracle
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux
QA Automation tester
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Worked closely with business team to understand the Requirement Document in creating Test Plan.
- Extensively worked on test cases involving validation of data Confidential all levels including field level validators and UI validation.
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application.
- Experienced in Hybrid methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Developed user defined functions for different selenium locator types.
- Performed functional, regression and UAT Testing extensively used Selenium Web driver.
- Automated Test cases and Steps by using concepts Overloaded Function, Variable, Array (single and multi-dimensional) and conditional logic to make script more logical and Debug Java Script.
- Used J2EE for the implementation of script on Eclipse. TestNG and Junit annotation are using for the implementation.
- Maintained Automation scripts and responsible for code check-ins into GitHub.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Used Scenario outline for data driven testing in BDD and background to eliminate the duplicate steps in scenarios and worked very closely with Product owner and Stakeholder and derived negative and positive conditions.
- Implemented BDD framework first time in the organization by writing features files, step definitions and closely worked with the Product owner using cucumber.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html Ids to identify elements.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider (Method and I Test Context.) for parameterization.
- Used Selenium automation (TestNG) to different type of browsers to perform Cross Browser Testing.
- Created synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Analyzing and developed test script, test cases and performed Manual and Automation Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing.
- Automated RESTful WebServices using Rest Assured Java library and JAVA for different endpoint Implemented data driven by getting the endpoints from the external source Excel and automated multiple endpoints with various methods like GET, PUT, POST etc. and asserted the response data.
- Implemented CICD pipeline in Jenkins with the help of DEVOPS Team.
- Mapped all the Requirements with the Test Cases using Requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed Black Box Testing, UAT Testing and extensively used Selenium for Regression, Smoke, Functional Testing and data driven testing using excel file in Selenium.
- Performed the application compatibility testing in the Versions of Chrome, Mozilla fire fox, and Safari and Internet Explorer browsers using Selenium.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Used an Agile model of development life cycle (SCRUM). Used selenium with java, frameworks, design approaches, and various effective implementation techniques.
- Data Defined and Manipulate (DDL/DML) using SQL Queries in MYSQL.
- SQL Queries writing to extract the data and define data to perform E2E testing.
- API testing using SOAP UI/Ready API.
- Automated few test cases for Mobile application using Appium and Selenium by configuring the android development kit and created emulators.
Integration Environment: Selenium Web driver, GitHub, Java, Rest Assured, XML, HTML, Jenkins, CSS HP QC/ALM, RESTful, Soap UI, Web services, Jira, Appium, TestNG, MavenAgile, SQL
Confidential, North Carolina
- Developed Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts in HP Quality Center
- Defined the scope of the automated testing effort using Test Director
- Participated in both Manual and Automation Testing
- Automated regression test scripts using QTP
- Developed T-SQL scripts for performing Functional Testing and Regression Testing
- Prepared the release notes before delivering the application to production
- Performed Functional and GUI Testing by using different testing methods
- Tested the application in different browsers like IE, Mozilla Firefox
- Responsible in executing Test Cases, Test Procedures and record defects in defect tracking tool
- Tested the application manually and also used QTP for some part of Regression Testing
- Conducted Integration, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing and Performance Testing
- Developed SQL queries and UNIX shell scripts to check the data base integrity
- Developed Automation test scripts with appropriate entry and exit criteria and performed extensive testing to ensure the developed scripts are bug free using QTP
- Participated in document reviews and inspections
- Attended daily meetings and walkthroughs for project updates and discussions
Environment: QTP, Java, Java script, HTML, Web Logic 8.1, Oracle 8i, HTML, XML, SoapUI, WINDOWS 2000.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewed all the Requirement documents, Functional Specification and Use Case documents.
- Analyzed the use cases provided by analysts and wrote test cases.
- Developed test cases, test scenarios and test data according to specifications.
- Analyzed the functionality and designed test cases for both functional and regression testing and editing of automated script by inserting logical commands to handle complicated test scenarios.
- Used Test Director to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, defect tracking and reporting.
- Performed functional, integration, black-box, and system, regression, and user acceptance tests.
- Automated Regression Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins and Maven. Used Firebug and Fire Path plug-ins to find the elements on the web page based on the element locator ID, Name, Tag, Class Name, XPath, Link Text, Partial link Text and CSS Locator.
- Enhance test frameworks and develop automated tests using Selenium Web Driver to ensure consistency.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber, Gherkin and ruby.
- Developed Automation Scripts using HP UFT QTP.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in UFT QTP and updated the scripts as per requirement change.
- Involved in analyzing and feasibility check of a newly added functionality for automation. Design and implement Hybrid Driven Framework approach using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed test suite for all the Web service operations in the SOAP UI test tool.
- Used TFS for life cycle management such as user stories, bug management and team communication. Also, used Team Foundation server (TFS) source control to deploy application.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Soap UI, Restful, HP UFT QTP, Web driver, SVN, Agile.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tested the Functionality of the application through manual Testing.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Procedures based on the test requirements.
- Created Test Cases for Functional testing based on the Functional areas and Use Case documents.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to access the main database.
- Coordinated all the database changes to the development and test databases.
- Performed Sanity, Smoke, Functional and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience working in waterfall methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like QC.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrices on a weekly basis.
- Responsible to conduct UAT for all the ingoing releases.
- Generated the detailed reports of the bugs and pass-fail report.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, Java, Web Services, AGILE, Rally, HTML, Eclipse, Windows
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in Requirements Analysis for all ongoing releases.
- Working on the application called PCS (Picking Control System).
- Constant interaction with UK counter parts for the requirements clarification and test status update.
- Participating in all scrum meetings.
- Individual contribution for the CRs taken ahead.
- Involved in identification, preparation, reviewing & execution of test cases.
- Involved in performing Functional, Integration, Regression and database testing.
- Test Management tool (QC 9.2 & TFS) and Participating in Defect Triage meetings.
- Responsible to conduct UAT for all the ingoing releases.
- Responsible for Project Demo to Business and Mentoring team. Used Java to develop Automation framework Web Services.
Environment: Asp.net, SQL Server, TFS, Bugzilla