- 6+ years of professional experience in Software Testing on different platforms and environments.
- Good experience in Data Migration testing and Web Interface testing.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Good Experience on Selenium Webdriverand creating Scripts in Selenium Webdriver by using Java.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in - depth knowledge ofcontemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Efficient in analyzing System Requirements, Use Cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the new application to determine the appropriate level of testing required and designing end-to-end testing framework that supports both manual and automated.
- Good knowledge of java to do the Map reduce testing.
- Extensively Worked in Quality Assurance using Testing methods for both Manual and Automation tests with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirements gathering (FSD/SRS).
- Hands on experience in test driven development (TDD), Behavior driven development (BDD) and acceptance test driven development (ATDD) approaches.
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and Production & Maintenance Methods using Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Used Soap UI to test Web services (SOAP) and Done MS Stack Testing.
- Experience in validation and verification, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and end-to-end testing.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases, Defect Tracking, and Report Generation.
- Involved in risk based testing.
- Experience in testing a REST and SOAP API's Using SOAP UI PRO.
- Expertise in Unit testing, Integration testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Experience in writing java Script in Cucumber Automation Framework.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure and co-ordinate multiple tasks in a work project environment.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
QA Automation Engineer
- Currently working as onsite QA Automation Engineer in - Finance and Actuary Modernization project that consist data migration from Source to Hadoop.
- Participate in Daily Stand-up's, product grooming and sprint retrospectives.
- Review user stories and requirements and responsible for the creation of Integration Test Plan, Scenarios and identification of End-End Test Cases/ scenario.
- Create Test Strategy and Test Design documents and responsible for overall quality of the project .
- Understanding the existing test cases and translate into format present in user stories and requirements.
- Determine which requirements can be automated vs. manual.
- Specify and maintain the required deployment and testing environment for database migration.
- Involve in test design and created test cases to validate the HIVE tables and data quality in different process areas.
- Providethe automation estimation for scripts Development.
- Develop test scripts using Java with testNG annotations and execute them as testNG suite using Maven.
- Involve in documenting the test results.
- Experience in validating and analyzing Hadoop log files.
- Experience in processing the datasets by using the Hive.
- Responsible for work load and status emails and coordinated between various stake holders of the project.
- Involve in various testing types - Functional, Integration, Non-functional/ End-End testing and Reconcile testing.
- Writing Hive Queries for analyzing data in Hive warehouse using Hive Query Language (HQL).
- Responsible for Defect logging and tracking using Jira and update the test defect status with results.
- Develop user-friendly and flashy HTML email able reports.
- Ensure Test scripts are documented, reported and tracked.
- Represent project team in meetings and work with cross functional team for data needs.
Environment: Hadoop/Big Data, Oracle, Hive, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, qTest, Hue, Eclipse IDE, Jira, SQL Developer, Git.
Cisco, Raleigh, NC
- Responsible for writing test cases based on the requirements document.
- Analyzed functional requirements and documented the user specifications and business rules.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Webdriver.
- Created automation framework using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts in Java using Cucumber Framework.
- Performed regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium Webdriver.
- Implemented modular frame work for Selenium Webdriver scripts using java in page library model.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Developed Maven based build scripts to run Selenium Automation and Integrated Maven Scripts to Continuous Integration Server to run nightly tests.
- Used Maven for build management and continuous integration.
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Integrated Selenium Webdriverwith existing API to test framework.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI. I have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and Rest API.
- Performed Back - End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Validated sites across browsers and operating systems, verified the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications.
- Proficient in Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Executed Test runs in HPQC & recorded results and defects in HPQC.
- Prepared a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Developed automation scenarios using manual test cases.
- Participated in weekly meetings to track the progress of testing effort.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Maven, Cucumber, Quality Center, Eclipse IDE, XPath, CSS, C#, HTML, XML, Java, SOA, agile, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Farmington, CT
- Worked closely with business team, designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Participated in JAD sessions to identify the critical business transactions.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum stand-ups.
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- Wrote Grey box and Black box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Facilitated enhancement and maintained the current Test Environment in Eclipse using Java.
- Participated in the test environment setup ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in place to successfullyperform the required testing effort by Regression Team.
- Developed and maintained Manual and Automation test scripts through HP ALM.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL queries of the Application such as checking all the tables in the Databaseand checking whether the data is moving in their respective tables.
- Developed and maintained release acceptance tests using WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and IntelliJ IDEA.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Selenium Webdriver.
- Scheduled automated, timed test builds on Jenkins server to run on headless browsers such as PhantomJS.
- Developed Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using a Keyword Driven Framework in Selenium.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Scheduled testing job and set up the flag to run automation scripts on Jenkins as a part of the Continuous Integrationprocess every time there is a bug fix, new feature development, or innovative functionality in code repository (Git).
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Scheduled testing job and set up the flag to run automation script every time developer commits new code and make a new build.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
Environment: WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, HP ALM, JIRA, Soap UI, HTML, XML, Oracle, Java Script,Ajax, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
- Responsible for interacting with the business people for understanding business requirements.
- Participated in SCRUM process, attended daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and sprint.
- Worked in a Test - Driven Development environment and participated in daily meetings with Developers.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium Webdriver/RC.
- Performed white box testing like JUnit, TestNG and Web service testing.
- Setup the automation framework using Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, GitHub and Maven.
- Defined test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG and JAVA.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of ContinuousIntegration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Written White-box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Creation of automation test scripts in Java, TestNG, and Webdriver for various features using Data Driven Framework.
- Worked on Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
- Validated source and target data by writing SQL query using different string functions, group functions in SQL.
- Maintained Jenkins scripts to build, deploy and execute automated tests in nightly build.
- Verified backend data writing complex SQL queries. Performed white box (API tests) on Stored Procedures, verified complex constraints/business rules implemented in triggers through the backend.
- Involved in backend testing for different environments like System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinated with business analysts, development team and participated in bug review sessions.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in Agilemethodology.
Environment: Firebug, T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2012, Java, Selenium Webdriver/RC, JMeter, GitHub, Jenkins.
QA Automation Tester
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Participate in Agile Scrum methodology and attend Daily Scrum, Sprint Grooming, and Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium Webdriver scripts for regression and functional testing using Cucumber framework and Maven.
- Developed test code in Java language using Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber framework.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing feature files and step definitions using Gherkin language.
- Used web-debugging tool like Fire path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Performed Manual Testing and then automated it by using Selenium Webdriver.
- Conducted System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Configured Selenium Webdriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Core Java using Cucumber prior to agile release.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (XPath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JIRA, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, FirePath, Firebug, SQL Server, Agile.
- Created Test plan & Script, Defect Management Templates and created Initial test plan and developed test cases and test scripts manually.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created Test Cases, and Reporting.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans which involved various Test Cases for all assigned module/projects; Review Test Requirements, Creating Test Plans and Test Strategy documents.
- Developed a Defects Tracking Log for the SharePoint Site to track defects while testing.
- Involved in UAT testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
- Daily update and managed Offshore team.
- Organized Test Plan during initial phase of project, prepared test scripts, created Release note in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), setup/link Test Lab with release cycle, executed test cases and recorded results in ALM.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against Oracle Database.
- Prepared meeting notes on daily execution/highlight of the project and send out the reports to managements.
- Interact with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Involved with Trainer's training calls by presenting every project's new enhancements and functionality changes for the Branch Users.
- Provided weekly status updates showing the progress of the Manual testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Worked with the database administrator to migrate & maintain the applications.
Environment: ManualTesting, JIRA, X-ray, Bugzilla, SQL, UAT Testing, SIT TESTING, Regression testing, Functional testing, White Box and Black Box, STLC, BLC, ALM Microsoft Excel.
Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Hive.
Testing tools: Selenium Webdriver, HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, SOA
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear quest, Bugzilla
Languages: C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Java Script
Office tools: Project Management Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access
Environment: Agile & Waterfall
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome& Safari
Build tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS