- More than 7 years of IT experience with strong Software Quality Assurance/ Manual Testing experience with Web based applications
- Experienced in testing applications for Investment Banking, Finance, Insurance domains manually
- Knowledge and Experienced in creating various Checkpoints, Parameterizing Tests and creating Data Driven test offered by the QTP.
- Proficient in Functionality Testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT),backend testing
- Proficient in testing web applications and experienced in testing applications for browser compatibility etc.
- Project coordination, Running batch jobs, Coach/Manage /coordinate regression test initiative
- Document worked on etl, erp models - Working knowledge with erp package such as inhouse /sap etc
- Basel II compliance report in house
- Excellent understanding of securities trade life cycle (front office, middle office and back office)
- Excellent understanding of capital markets including fixed income, equities and futures/options trading
- General Ledger working experience
- Good functional and technical understanding and worked in Health care, Insurance, Finance and Telecom industries Finance experience at Confidential, Broadridge (EDI/trading/fix protocol like verifix)similar to Bloomberg, inhouse ecn(electronic communication network)
- Worked on ETL & MDM experience knowledge.
- Knowledge of circuit-switched model of previous cellular systems, Long Term Evolution LTE, Universal Mobile Telecommunications System UMTS, Global System for Mobile Communications GSM stack and operation from eNB and UE-(Configuration Transfer-connectivity between user equipment procedure),IP(Internet Protocol), Voip(Voice over IP)
- Worked and have Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Knowledge in automation for RF test is critical for wireless operators facing challenges of signal quality and signaling interference, and maintaining quality high-bandwidth services. Our solutions address spectrum analysis, interference analysis, and cable, antenna and modulation analysis, covering current wideband technologies such as fixed/mobile WiMAX and LTE.
- Worked on front end mobile web iso and android. Worked on unix and API.
- Clinical health care, Clinical trial, insurance, ICH, GCP, Crf documents, doctor and patient enrollment, trade lifecycle including (Orders and execution - Front office (Trade capture and execution) - Middle Office (Validation, and confirmation) - Back office (Clearance, settlement, Account and finance),have investment banking with Compliance exp with Capital market.
- Involved in e-commerce, content management sites..
- Experience in testing XML requests and responses of web services using SOAPUI
- Bug tracking and defect logging tools like Bugzilla, Jira, remedy, HP Quality Center/ALM.
Senior QA Engineer
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Created test scripts based on knowledge of product functionality and interactions with development group, executing test scripts, and troubleshooting production issues. Develop/ execute/maintain test scripts.
- Identification of web elements using Fire bug and written X-paths for the locators.
- Involved in implementation of JDBC connectivity in framework.
- Used SQL queries to perform data validation and for back-end testing.
- Developed and executed system Test cases based on the Functional and Technical requirements.
- Act as liaison between business and QA testing groups for clarification on JIRA Items.
- Verify REST API's part of mobile validation and verified them against website and Database.
- Performed Web services testing between and third party applications using SOAP UI.
- Automation testing Using SOAP UI for Smoke testing before applying the release in Production.
- Involved in API testing with both SOAP and RESTful web.
- Performed Automation & Manual test by ALM, UFT or QTP, Jira, Data base tools(SQL, Oracle, Oracle server 2008,Toad,Putty
- Used ALM sync method to run script from MTM terminal to UFT terminal
- Writing VB. scripting code for data base framework & SS&C own application to retrieve data & validate in UFT / Test complete
- Generated Automation Scripts from Scratch for UFT/QTP.
- Testing tool's involved TOSCA, ALM, UFT, RALLY, Microsoft Product
- Working on QTP/ UFT Function library, TSR (Share Object repository), QRS (Recovery Scenario), most(Action Template), VBS and QFL
- Preparing Perfecto Mobile Automation scripts for parallel and sequence execution on multiple devices and different OS (Android and iOS).
- Extensive testing experience on ANDROID, iOS and REX operating system Mobile Applications using Manual and Automated techniques.
- Experience with installation, configuration of the Android SDK and ADT Plug-in for Eclipse IDE and setting up of the Android Framework Test Environment.
- Experience using Android DDMS features such as Log cat, Screen Capture.
- Performed goal oriented exploratory testing, developed and executed test cases for • functionality testing, usability testing, integration testing and back-end testing.
- Design, develop and implement templates for test case documents, production defect management and test summary reports.
- Write, implement and monitor test scenarios for new financial requirements, including derivatives, and comply with predefined trading limits.
- Experience in Demonstration to business owners and integration teams after release of every sprint.
- Communicate with project managers, development managers, release managers and developers to ensure comprehensive test planning, functional and business demo's.
- Tracked all Tasks, Bugs, user story status through JIRA.
- Actively worked with production support team in resolving production incidents and reproducing issues that occurred in production.
Environment: ALM, UFT/QTP, Android, IOS, SQL Server, JIRA, TFS, Aerospike, Web services, REST API, POSTMAN.
Sr. QA Analyst/Mobile Tester
- Member of System Integration Testing (SIT) team worked on testing of new asset management reporting system ordered by UK based firm (Columbia Threadneedle Investments)
- Worked in Agile methodology
- Reviewed and analyzed the database requirements for developing test scenarios for different reports
- Developed test cases/scripts based on test scenarios
- Used Multifonds (Fund accounting, portfolio accounting and investor servicing software) for generating different type of financial reports on Net Asset Value, Exchange Rates, General Ledger accounts and pulling details on trade of particular fund (OP Code, Subscription/Redemption, Trade date, trade exchange rate, value date, etc.)
- Used CDS/FSR (CitiDirect for Securities/Fund Service Reporting) application to run the reports with provided parameters and using certain types of funds (Equities/Bonds/OTC/ETD/FX) to test if these reports are being generated in CDS UAT environment in correct form and pulling correct data from Multifonds (cross-referenced and validated report data with Multifonds data)
- Used for loop, Conditional if statement to handle application logic. Designed Functions Library, Functions Subroutine's common function, regular Expressions and Environment Variables using QTP/UFT in VB Scripts
- Used Descriptive, Synchronization, Call function, Parameterization, Checkpoints, Error Handling, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions to enhance test affectivity also created reusable actions by using QTP/UFT
- Developed test scripts using UFT/Quick Test Pro (QTP) to perform functional and regression testing
- Done Automation of RESTful web services using Java with RestAssured
- Create and implement automation for backend and non UI aspects of system with use of RestAssured
- Experience in Mobile Automation Tool like SeeTest, Device Anywhere, eggplant, OpKey.
- Involved in testing both SOAP, REST services using RestAssured, and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Worked on writing test plan for graphics user interface of Android and IOS phones User Acceptance Testing, working alongside a focus group to ensure the Mobile platform has provided a user friendly interface, maximum exposure to content.
- Performed functional, system integration, regression and user acceptance testing of 450 plus PDF, XLS and CSV formatted reports and updated HP ALM/Quality Center/ALM and CA Rally with evidences, requirements, mapping document, steps to reproduce and descriptions
- Created adhoc data files, uploaded using internal Confidential applications such as Jasper metadata browser (SIT, UAT env.) and manually generated reports to test summary rounding issues, percentage of Net Asset Value (% NAV) calculation, decimal precision, and formatting pattern/stacking/wrapping/spacing issues
- Entered/updated/maintained user stories in CA Rally and provided daily report to Scrum master
- Interacted with BAs, PMs, SMEs and developers on daily basis to come up with appropriate solution for defects
- Attended Daily Stand up Meetings and Webex Conference calls
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential - Jersey City, NJ
- Writing and executing software System test plans and Test cases; developed after reviewing the business requirements document, and technical specifications document
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions
- Involved in development of Test cases for System & Integration Testing
- Created and maintained test database
- Uploading of Test matrix report in ALM/Quality Center.
- Performed End to End Scenario testing
- Involved in different Mobile generations, from 2G to LTE and install uninstall Native Apps
- Developed Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework using UFT
- Automation testing Using SOAP UI for Smoke testing before applying the release in Production.
- Involved in API testing with both SOAP and RESTful web.
- Worked on Validating REST API Services for different HTTP METHODS
- Used SOAP UI and RESTful services for testing Web Services and Protractor for testing Angular in working with different front end
- Performed Data Verification, data Validation, and Data Transformations on the Input data (Text files, XML files) before loading into target database
- Tested all the ETL process that were developed to fetch the data from various feeds into the data Warehouse.
- Written SQL scripts for validating the data loaded by the ETL processes.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica
- Experience in testing Business Intelligence reports generated by various BI Tools like Cognos and Business Objects
- Experienced DWH and BI tester/QA Analyst with strong background in design, development, and support of databases and information products as well as data analysis / reporting / Testing
- Customized test Result in QTP. Read Excel Data into Custom UFT/QTP Data Table using Custom Function. File System Object (FSO).
- Effective Co-ordination between Business Users and Developers for management of Defects - Life Cycle
- Prepared Defect Metrics analysis
- Involved in offshore onshore resource management, budgeting, traceability matrix and content management
- Reporting and tracking defect numbers with managing the project, resource tracking
- Worked on uat complete life cycle .Involved understanding writing and executing used cases and coordination for FRD/BRD 's.
- Involved in e-commerce, trade content management sites.
- Vision-inhouse ecn(electronic communication network)trading securities (such as stocks, and bonds), foreign exchange or financial derivatives electronically
- Worked in Automation frame work for front office reusing and creating new scripts. And back office with ETL.
- Mostly sql and UFT
Confidential - New York, NY
- Worked in Agile methodology during the project life cycle
- Closely collaborated with Business Analysts, Project Managers and SMEs in planning, coordinating and implementing the testing methodology
- Analyzed requirements/user stories for creating test plans and test cases with clear and detailed test steps
- Tested the Trade Capturing, Processing, Confirmation/Matching, Settlement & Notification functionalities
- Tested equity trading system with market order, limit order
- Mapped test plan back to functional requirements for ensuring all the requirements have been included in the test cases
- Tested back end to confirm trade ticket is recorded accurately
- Created and maintained reusable Actions in Device anywhere for mobile application.
- Created UFT Automation scripts for GUI and API Testing, Eggplant for mobile Automation Testing.
- Created automation test suites from scratch to be run on target devices and write test cases based on the requirements using Eggplant automation tool.
- Perfecto, UFT (previously known as QTP), ARD and Eggplant are used as the automation tools.
- Generated various reports and graphs from HPALM/Quality Center and analyzed the testing process overview.
- Strong Experience in Automation Web Application Testing by using HP UFT/QTP
- Developed and maintained automated scripts using UFT/QTP for functional automation testing.
- Designed data driven tests in UFT/QTP script to validate with different sets of test data.
- Tested application compatibility in different browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari using UFT/QTP
- Designed data driven tests in UFT script to validate with different sets of test data. .Executed Functional, Regression, System and Integration testing of different modules of the application such as portfolio details, orders, balances, activity, trade tickets, watch lists
- Checked data flow from front-end to back-end and used SQL queries to retrieve data from database
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using business requirements and test cases
- Used HP ALM/Quality Center/ALM to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, writing test cases, executing tests, logging defects, tracking defects and creating Test Analysis Report (TAR)
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers to resolve software related defects issues
- Used Unix/Linux commands to monitor log files
- Participated in all the meetings related to Sprint planning, daily stand up meetings, story review meetings and discussed the issues arising out of test execution.
Confidential -New York, NY
- Reviewed and analyzed the requirement documents and the functional specification
- Developed test plan, test cases based on the requirements and use cases
- Developed Traceability Matrix to determine strategy for test case traceability and test coverage analysis
- Created test cases in Excel and uploaded them in HP Quality Center/ALM
- Performed GUI, Functional, Regression and Smoke tests on the new enhancements added to the web application in UAT and Production environment
- Used HP Quality Center/ALM to manage requirements, storing and executing test cases, tracking and reporting defects
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results
- Performed Regression testing of overall application to ensure end-to-end usability
- Coordinated with developers on bug fixes and defect status updates on a regular basis
- Performed the Back-end Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Interacted with upper management to provide daily QA status, discussed outstanding issues and upcoming project functionalities
Confidential -Jersey City, NJ
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers throughout the development life cycle under Agile Methodology
- Reviewed requirement documents for creating test plans and test cases
- Implemented Functional, Integration, and Regression testing of the application
- Executed Smoke/Sanity Testing on new builds
- Involved in testing the backend database, retrieved the data from the tables using SQL queries
- Used HP Quality Center/ALM to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, writing test cases, executing tests, logging defects, tracking defects and creating Test Analysis Report (TAR)
- Identified software problems, wrote easy-to-follow bug reports, logged them into bug tracking tool HP Quality Center/ALM, monitored their progress and verified their fix
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings to discuss issues on testing and effectively communicated with the development team to escalate the high priority defects/issues for fix
- Involved in Daily and Weekly Status report updates to the Team
Confidential -Seattle, WA
- Created Test Cases with detailed and clear steps
- Performed Functional, GUI and Regression testing of the application.
- Performed Back-end Testing to ensure that data matched with the recorded data in GUI front end
- Executed Smoke Testing
- Reported defects in Quality Center
- Worked with Developers and Business Analysts to resolve functional and business logic bug issues on timely basis
- Provided a weekly status to the QA Supervisor, which included status of projects, statistics, severity of issues, estimated time liner
- Worked closely with Project Manager/Business Analyst and developers to deliver bug free application
Testing Skills: Test planning, Test bed set up, Test case creation Manual, Security, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Acceptance, Exploratory testing, Defect management and CMMi process alignment
Operating System: Windows 7, NT, XP, Vista, Dos, Linux, Android, iOS, RIM (BB), Symbian
Servers: i-Planet 7, Weblogic 10g
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle using Toad
Languages: Java Script, HTML/DHTML, jsp, asp
Testing Tools: TamperIE, Tamper Data, SQL Injector
Defects Tracking Tool: Test Track Pro, JIRA and Test Link, Test Director
CM & other Tools: Visual Source Safe, SVN, Microsoft Office, Outlook Express
Testing & Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, HP Suite QTP (UFT), CA Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla
Microsoft Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, MS Access).