- Over 7+ years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle and in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- In - Depth experience in performing Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Backend Testing, Regression testing, UI Testing and API Testing using Selenium/Web Driver, Java and JUnit/TestNG, Database Testing using SQL
- Good Experience in different types of testing like Regression testing, Retesting and BVA, Smoke Testing, Adhoc Testing, White box, Black box testing.
- Experience in developing projects/application using C#-6, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, VB.NET, C++, AJAX, XML and Web Services.
- Proficient in relational database like SQL Server 2005/ 2000, Oracle 10g/9i and MS-Access.
- Expertise in test methodologies, Agile Methodology and worked as a Scrum Master
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Expert level experience in using test management tools like HP QC, Spiral test, bug tracking tool JIRA and Rally.
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Experience in preparing Test cases, Executing and Reporting Test cases
- Expertise in test case preparation based on the FDS (Functional Specification Document)
- Having good experience in validating the Invoice of customers
- Excellent analytical and programming abilities in using technology to create elegant, flexible and maintainable solutions for complex testing problem Expertise in creating Test Scenarios, Test cases and executing them. Working knowledge of the key components of a test strategy, test cases, and entry & exit criteria
Java: 7, CSS, HTML, JQuery, Gherkins, XML
Testing Tools: SELENIUM IDE/Web Driver/GRID, QTP, JUNIT 3/4, TestNG, Firebug, Fire Path, XPath, Maven, JSON, Jenkins, SVN, SOAPUI
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla, JIRA, GitHub, Mercury/HP, Rational Clear Quest, Rally, Firebug, Load Runner
Web Services: SOAP, RESTful, WSDL, SOAPUI
Operating System: Windows, MAC, DOS, Linux/ Unix
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MY SQL
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic, IIS
Version Control: SVN, GIT, CVS, TFS
Scripting Languages: C#-4, Java Script-5, Shell Script, VB Script, Groovy Script
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Framework: Keyboard Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, Page Object Model (POM).
Sr. Automation Engineer
Confidential, Chesterfield, MO
- Involved in the Requirements Gathering phase and reviewed the Business Requirement Specification (BRS), documentation and participated in the preparation of Test Cases based on the automation scope.
- Responsible for implementation of the test automation framework using Page Object Model (POM) with Page Factory and page classes from scratch to represent web pages using Selenium automation tools.
- Created test strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the applications using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Maven.
- Worked in Agile methodology, as part of sprint planning review the test stories, planned the test sessions and attended daily stand up meetings.
- Developed, enhanced and maintained a large and complex suite of both GUI and API based Automated Regression tests.
- Prepared test data for testing the application in various test phases.
- Parameterized Unique and dynamic content in the application scripts for real time emulation. Data was queried from Data base and input data for data driven tests were kept in Excel Reader by using Apache POI repository.
- Create and review of Generic Object Identifiers using various mechanisms such as XPath, CSS, id, name, class etc., used by Selenium Web Driver.
- Implemented Assertions to validate the automation of the application.
- Used Log4j API for providing logging information and Maven for Project Management and configuring dependencies needed for building testing and running code.
- Used Actions class of Selenium to handle Mouse hover events.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Worked with SQL queries for data verifications in Oracle database.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based Web Services testing using SOAP UI testing tool.
- Tested the GET and POST request responses for web services interfaces by implementing Groovy Script with SOAPUI test tool.
- Used Extent Reports, reporting library to send the Automation reports in the form of Email. Captured the Screenshots of the script and displayed in the Reports.
- Using Selenium Grid in Jenkins (Linux Server) Continuous Integration with Windows Server, configuration for batch process run of the Scripts.
- Used TFS for the version control of the test automation scripts.
- Performed the Mobile testing for mobile app of client, identify the mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Created XML based test suite and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and Bug Tracking tool with certain changes in HP Quality Center (QC).
Environment: Selenium Web Driver/Grid-9, Maven-9, TestNG-9, Java-7, Web Services, SOAPUI-7, Eclipse IDE, Appium-5, Log4j, Apache POI, Jenkins-9, SQL, TFS, HP Quality Center, Chrome, IE, Windows, Linux.
Sr. Automation Engineer
Confidential, Creve Coeur, MO
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium Web Driver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit/ TestNG and ANT).
- Involved in Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and develop Test Plan detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Automated Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium IDE, Web Driver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used Selenium Web Driver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Experience in writing UNIX Shell-Scripts
- Analyzed Load Runner/Performance Center test result in Preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on the analysis of the requirements.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for defect logging and tracking.
- Used Python for scripting language.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium Web Driver with TestNG.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Implemented Data Driven Framework using Web Driver, JUnit, ANT, Java
- Used Several Java collection classes, wrote code to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox controls using XPath, selenium Web Driver classes
- Used JUnit as driver to launch selenium scripts.
- Developed SQL Queries/Scripts and similar Artifacts to validate the Completeness, Integrity and Accuracy of Data within an ETL process testing cycle conducted the functional, system, Integration, Regression and performance testing of the Web application.
- Experienced in White Box Testing by authoring Java Codes in Selenium Web Driver
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using Quality Center.
- Developed and customized test scripts in UFT and played back the scripts after fixing the bugs.
- Tested Mobile App version on different smart devices.
- Written SQL scripts (PL/SQL) to query and validate the functionality in Oracle databases.
- Designed and implemented test scripts and managed Selenium test automation processes.
- Utilized the following testing tools: Selenium/Python, JMeter, Jira and Test Rail.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in core java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Used maven to define project structure, dependencies, build, and test management.
- Extensive involvement in Black Box Testing
- Load Runner is used to perform Load, Durability and Stress Tests.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver-9, HP ALM, Load Runner, Performance Center, UNIX, Python-5, TestNG-9, Protractor, Ant tool, Jmeter-7, Jira, Agile, TFS, SQL, DHTML, FDA Regulations, Quality center, HTML.
Selenium Test Engineer
Confidential, NY City, NY
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver and Appium Mobile Automation using Java programming language.
- Developed and executed software test plans to identify software problems and their causes.
- Tested unlaunched Android application using Appium and reported debugs via JIRA to the developers
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Analyzed the results & reported bugs using JIRA
- Understanding different components of application from the business requirements.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Implemented Automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test key Business Processes Scenarios.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects. Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Primarily responsible for overall Functionality Testing, White Box testing, Black box Testing, System testing, and primary point of contact for User Acceptance Testing.
- Designing and developing test strategy, test plan, test cases and generating test reports and defect reports.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using JIRA.
- Conducted test case reviews and presented the test cases/test scenarios to the team members for all iterations.
- Carried out functional tests to increase the speed and cost effectiveness of application development and delivery using JMeter.
- Created test scenarios and Test Cases based on BRD (Business Rules Documentation).
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts
- Performed Smoke and Functional testing on every build of the application
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium Web Driver
- Performed End to End Mobile Testing on Android using Appium. Created desktop based Applications using QTP/UFT tools.
- Tested web services’ providers using REST API
- Used TestNG Framework for creating Selenium scripts
- Integrated the automation scripts into the Jenkins tool for continuous script execution after build
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to client.
- Responsible for assigning tasks and managing the offshore team.
- Participated and Initiated Team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion in order to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
Environment: Appium 1.2.0, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber-BDD, TestNG, JIRA, Java, Jenkins, Oracle SQL, SOAP UI 4.0, UNIX, JMeter
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Involved in capacity planning, LoE design for ongoing migration projects happening in QDC.
- Participate in requirement gathering and the project kickoff meetings to share expertise.
- Understanding the customer requirement specifications and software requirement specification Documents.
- Involved in writing, reviewing and execution of test cases.
- Performed functional, UI, integration, regression and database testing.
- Tested the application by carrying out smoke, ad-hoc, compatibility & scenario testing.
- Prepared detailed test cases based on information gathered in TFS for system testing integration, and regression testing of application.
- Written test scripts and involved in preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) with Quality Center
- Have used visual studio TFS in managing the defect flow, maintained test logs, test summary reports and participated in defect review/status meetings.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG.
- Involved in Writing Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of test cases/suites.
- Involved in automating the regression test cases and customer issues using Selenium Web Driver.
- Conducted Black box testing, Smoke testing, Screen Validation testing, Data driven testing (Cucumber).
- Prepared SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletes of the records in database
- Involved in creating and modifying the test scripts using QTP/UFT
- HP application life cycle management 11.0 for test design, execution and defect tracking.
- Involved in preparing test summary report and defect analysis report.
- Involved in Sprint planning, Daily Stand-up calls, Retrospective and Review Meeting.
Environment: HP Quality Center 9.0, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Eclipse, JMeter
- Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- Automated Test Cases using Selenium, Eclipse
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to release.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Selenium Web Driver
- Used Selenium Web Driver to handle various web page controls like textbox, button, dropdown, checkbox, labels using XPath and other locators.
- Recognized test automation opportunities and analyzed SOA requirements
- Performed both Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using Quality Center.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims
- Expert in writing SQL scripts to query the data and validate the functionality in Oracle databases.
- Coordinate and lead QA testing, managing the bug database, including bug reporting, regression testing, and fix verification.
- Worked on migrating test scripts from HP QTP to Selenium.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for this application. Representing the project QA activates at client site.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
Environment: Selenium, QTP, Quality Center/ALM, Protractor, Appium, SeeTest, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, TestNG, Eclipse, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD
QA Test Engineer
- Involved in Planning, Designing, Developing and Executing the Test Scenarios for Manual and Automated Test cases.
- Reviewed System Requirement Specification, Technical Specifications and functional design documents to achieve better understanding of the project.
- Developed automation test scripts using VB Script in QTP.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories by participating in the Sprint planning sessions, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Tested user interface and navigation controls of the application using Quick Test Pro.
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB Scripting under QTP Testing tool.
- Reported bugs through Bugzilla and performing Regression Testing to resolve the Bug fixes.
- Involved in creating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to analyze the changes and identify the areas of application to identify the change in application and provide high-level view of the Test cases scenario to the client.
- Attended the project review meetings, daily status calls and walkthroughs with the project managers and leads.
Environment: Junit, Eclipse, VB Script, QTP, RTM, Bugzilla, Quality Center, and ANT.