- Extensive experience in the IT industry with primary focus on Quality Assurance, Functionality and Systems Integration testing on web - based, client-server and mainframes.
- Skilled in Black Box, Functional, Systems Integration, Smoke, Regression, End To End and User Acceptance Testing. Performing these skills on government and commercial contracts.
- Provided multiple levels of support using the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Gained knowledge of process improvement with familiarity in CMMI standards and procedures.
- Developed test plans, test data, test cases, test scripts, RTM, WBS, metrics, defect and status reporting.
- Proficient in using the following software: Windows XP Operating System, Windows 7; Microsoft Office 2010 (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel), COBOL, Confidential JCL, UNISYS ECL, TPFF, Confidential Rational Clear Quest & Clear Case, TSO/ISPF, File-Aide, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, Subversion, Bugzilla, SQL, Web Services, MS Office SharePoint portal server, XML, AIX/UNIX, DOORS, TOAD, Documentum, IDRS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, Oracle 11g, HL72.x, HL7v3 Messaging, EONS
- Highly skilled in using the Internet to conduct research
Confidential, Largo, MD
- Currently providing support to the IRS Penalties and Interest application ( Confidential ).
- Testing on the UNISYS and Confidential Mainframe using command codes that explains the debit or credit interest computations to a taxpayer.
- Developing functional test cases from requirements RTM and defect status reporting.
- Using RQM, RFT, FTP, DocIT, IDRS and Rational Clear Quest.
- Previously providing support to the IRS Affordable Care Act program testing the Insurance Provider Fee application.
- Writing functional and web services test cases in an Agile environment.
- Manually executing functional and web services test cases in several sprints.
- Responsible for input to the RTM, test plans, test execution schedule, metrics reporting and weekly briefings.
- Using SOAP UI Pro v4.5.1, Rational Clear Quest, SharePoint 2010, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Providing support to the Confidential Systems Command SharePoint portal web applications.
- TIGER web applications are being replaced by VIPER web applications. Streamlining applications, putting processes in place to document the STLC.
- Created templates for Test Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Use Cases, Defect Reporting Tool and Test Summary Report.
- Applying SharePoint Web Portal tool as a repository for the web applications.
- Overseeing User Acceptance Testing with the users.
- Providing information and web design samples to the stakeholders to cut down on redundancy of data.
- Apply systems analysis based on customer interviews and ad hoc requirements.
- Writing test plans, use cases, RTM and reporting defects.
- Mentoring junior systems analyst on testing techniques and various documentation templates.
Sr. Quality Insurance Tester
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Provided support for Functional Testing of CIRB and CTEP web-based applications. These are both Clinical Trials Applications written in .NET 3.0 Framework and classic ASP.
- Manual black box testing conducted for all clinical testing using Clear Quest to document defects.
- Reviewed requirements, writing test cases and submitting defect tickets
- Generated Test Summary Reports for each release.
- Worked with Business Analysts and developers on a daily basis.
- Performed functionality testing, regression testing, performance testing and patch testing.
- Performed SOAP testing for Web Services
- Verified the data is loaded to the database in the proper format.
- Performed back end testing to verify stored data.
- Worked on multiple medical modules at the same time such as; radiology, orders and medical transcriptions.
- Performed functionality testing for the web-site clinical facesheet and IPAD Mobile clinical facesheet for case managers, doctors, and administrators to retrieve patient data.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on the requirements and business rules. The test cases developed to verify output, business rules, errors and usability testing.
- Tested in multiple environments, MAC OS, Windows XP, Windows 7, and IPAD Mobile.
- Performed point to point testing to verify input and output messages from the HL7 messaging system.
- Used Oracle 11g, TOAD, SQL, SQL Server, Web Services, Confidential Clear Quest, Clear Case, MS Office SharePoint portal server, Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office Suite, HL72.x, HL7v3 Messaging, Agile methodology, XSLT, Bugzilla, XML, XML Marker, SOAP UI, HTML, and Subversion
Senior Systems Integration Tester
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
- Supported Decennial Response Integrated System for the Census Bureau to standardize and integrate data from paper, Internet, and telephone Census responses.
- Executed batch runs to run images of form definitions, installing and regression testing patches.
- Manually executing test procedures and verifying testing results.
- Prepared test plans, test scripts and test procedures for manual execution.
- Performed analysis of test results and reported test results via status report.
- Verify and validated testing results by querying databases using SQL Plus.
- Conducted root cause analysis of identified defects and wrote discrepancy reports.
- Created and executed test cases for the IVR (interactive voice response) system.
- Performed regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software.
- Utilized Confidential Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, Data Viewer, SQL Plus.
- Used Oracle database, AIX/UNIX operating systems and followed Agile methodology.
Senior Functional Tester
Confidential, Largo, MD
- Supported Field Data Collection Automation, an automated system that is part of the 2010 Confidential to collect data about the US population and economy.
- Senior Tester performing functional, smoke, regression and systems integration testing.
- Tested functionality for reviewing enumerator work and time and expense forms; case management (assign/reassign); viewed status reports and text messaging.
- Performed systems integration testing for the web environment to ensure data is uploaded to the database.
- Developed test plans, test scripts, test data and documented expected results in HP Quality Center.
- Manually executed test scripts and reported defects using Confidential Rational Clear Quest.
- Smoke tested and regression tested applications in multiple environments.
Confidential, Pentagon City, VA
- Worked on Dept. of Homeland Security project for Transportation Safety Administration.
- Smoke tested the application with enhancements and requested change requests.
- Generated test plans, test scripts, and RTM using MS Excel.
- Verified and validated testing results by accessing and querying databases using SQL.
Senior Functional Tester
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Participated in UAT/SAT/SIT client server testing for CHCS II also known as Confidential .
- Quality Assurance Testing was performed for DOD’s Armed Forces electronic health record system.
- Retrieved requirements using DOORS and performed analysis of systems and software requirements.
- Developed and maintained RTVM, developed test plans/ test scripts for manual test execution.
- Functional, integration and regression testing was performed across multiple systems.
- Created and maintained regression test cases/test scripts using HP Quality Center.
- Reviewed defects with QC board and provided Program Manager with test report on each release.
- Senior Lead for SAT testing (witness testing) for the Confidential Dental Application web based System.
- Answered questions from doctors and nurses about the Confidential Dental system
- Reported defects of the systems that were occurring in the field
Team Lead/Senior Information Technology Specialist
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Supported the Product Assurance Testing team for IRS. Performed functionality, UAT, End-to-End Testing and SAT for modernization of the legacy system for batch and online tax processing.
- Created test plans, review and analysis of system and software requirements and project scheduling.
- Provided Program Manager with project milestones, WBS and RTM.
- Developed test scripts with predetermined results using customers test case management system.
- Identified test data, manual test execution (black box testing), documenting results and defect reporting.
- Formulated test metrics, issues and resolution for approval during testing.
- Created and executed test cases for Telefile IVR (interactive voice response) system.
- Facilitated test readiness reviews, documentation reviews, and requirements walkthroughs.
- Performed functional testing for the web-based application Political Action Committee.
- Instrumental in helping SAIC achieve CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) Level 3 compliance, utilized the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and using CMMI best practices.
- Utilized UNIX, SQL, Confidential, TSO-JCL, ISPF, File-Aide, Oracle8i, XML, UNISYS, ECL, IPF, Rational Test Director, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, followed Waterfall methodology