- Over all 8+ years of extensive experience in the field of IT with focus on QA and testing, design development and maintenance of test scripts.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, Methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of ETL methodology, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading process in a corporate - wide-ETL solution using Informatica 9.5/9.1
- Solid experience with creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, writing and executing Test Cases from requirements, Bug Reporting and Tracking Defects in Quality Centre.
- Strong in database Concepts and writing SQL scripts with multiple joins.
- Extensively involved in Black box, Back End, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, User Acceptance, and data driven testing.
- Experience in creating test cases from Requirement Documents, FRD and BRD.
- Experience in using testing tools like JIRA, QTP, ALM and Quality Centre (QC).
- Expert in testing Web applications with comprehensive knowledge of browsers.
- Involved in Maintenance and Enhancement testing in Production environment.
- Created Test plans for End to End Testing.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to communicate well with all management levels.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 9.0, Quick test professional 11.0, Bugzilla, Selenium, JMeter, QTP, ALM, TFS.
Defect Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, V-model, SDLC, STLC.
Database: MySQL, SQL Server DB2.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating systems: MS-DOS, Windows 3.x / 9x / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8.
Protocol: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DHCP, SOAP and TCP/IP, LDAP Technologies.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Developing Test Plan with Test Efforts, Environment, Risk and Mitigation for every release.
- Developing Test Cases design from Use Cases Requirement Doc and use case Design Doc.
- Optimizing Test Cases by applying Equivalence Partition and Boundary Value Analysis Techniques.
- Executing Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and Nonfunctional Testing.
- Participating to execute Non-functional Testing Compatibility testing for browsers, Client-Side testing on a tablet, Stylus Testing on a tablet.
- Identifying Scope of Regression Testing and participated to execute Regression Testing.
- Developing and Executing Performance Test script in Load Runner.
- Analyzing the Performance Test Result, improving performance of the application and submitting the final Reports to Client.
- Creating automation suites for Windows based application
- Handling WinForm / Win objects through Object repository and descriptive programming for widow based applications
- Doing back and forth validation between window and web based application
- Debugging and Run the script through UFT/ALM and LeanFt.
- Automating Restful services through UFT API.
- Interacting with business for Functional clarifications
- Implementing Test Automation Framework using TestNg framework.
- Creating test scripts using Element Locators and Selenium WebDriver Commands.
- Providing Guidance to QA Resources for Regression Test plan creation.
- Collecting Test Metrics for Defects and Test Cases during testing.
- Actively participating in Defect Review meeting during testing of build on the periodical basis.
- Providing project status updated in defined template to Sr. QA Manager on weekly basis.
- Mentoring QA Resources and transferred product knowledge successfully.
Environment: UFT 12.5, Selenium WebDriver, Dot.Net, SQL Management Studio 8.0, Bug Tracker, Agile Methodology, Bug tracker for Defect tracking system
QA Automation Tester
- Identified key risks in the project and proposed mitigation plan to Senior Management. Assisted Senior Management team in project planning using Microsoft Project Plan.
- Involved in preparing Master Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort
- Prepared project dashboard and Test Management Metrics to demonstrate the progress.
- Performed Gap Analysis and Root Cause Analysis at the last stages of project closure.
- Conducted stakeholder meetings, including meeting agenda, minutes, and action items.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverable.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Executed the manual test cases and played a key role in Functional Testing.
- Tracked and identified bug and defect tracking using tools like Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Performed Functional testing, Integration testing, UAT and Regression testing.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Developed test scripts to fetch test data from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Used Firepath and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Experienced in testing database driven applications including data validation using SQL.
- Experience in SQL commands, stored procedures and functions at database level MS SQL Server.
Environment: AS400, Java, Selenium, JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center, SQL, UNIX, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Android, IOS.
Manual QA Analyst
- Designed and Developed of QA documentation like Test Cases and Test scenarios from business and functional requirements.
- Preformed mapping analysis of Requirements Traceability Matric with Business Use Case Document.
- Performed the Unit and functional testing which validate the data is mapped correctly which provides a qualitative check of overall data flow up and deposited correctly in Target Tables.
- Tested the ETL mappings to validate the data between source to Target to check whether the data properly loaded as per the business logic.
- Participated in Test case review meetings and provided feedback.
- Tested newly developed web-based Sales Application.
- Mentor/trained new QA hires for the new POS Project.
- Developed test cases and manually execute test cases in HP Quality Centre.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing, and End to End Testing.
- Exported Manual Test Cases from MS Excel template directly to HP Quality Center and executed all the Test Cases in Quality Center with Pass/Fail/Blocked status.
- Documented and reported all defects in HP Quality Centre.
- Attended daily defect meetings and provided feedback on high/urgent defects.
- Attended daily stand up meetings and provided project updates and impediments.
- Attended project use case meetings and given feedback on user stories.
- Tested Client online order management i.e. Placing order, Tracking order, canceling order, reinstate order, divert order and add order for testing purposes.
- Tested online secure payment system.
Environment: MS-Office, MS-Visio, JIRA, QTP, ALM, SQL-Server, DB Visualizer C#, JAVA, XML, Windows XP, Mercury Tools, Clear quest, Informatica Power center 9.5.
Manual Mobile Tester
- Analyzed and Tested 4 parts in the project: Libraries, Job Setup, EWO setup with Change Order and the new RFC module with Change Order.
- Wrote automation test plans and prepared the automation test matrix for each regression cycle.
- Elicited Functional and Nonfunctional requirements
- Made story cards State Charts User activities
- Performed both manual and automated tests to conduct functional and regression tests on the application.
- Used QTP for functional and regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and Developed VB scripts.
- Created and maintained Shared Object Repositories (Merge object repositories of different modules) to enable QTP to identify the various objects in the application. Worked with both ‘Per Action’ and ‘Shared’ modes.
- Used Ordinal Identifiers to recognize identical object properties in the application.
- Created Data Driven Tests or parameterization that randomized the test data, for testing the AUT with real life test condition.
- Used checkpoints to check the attributes of the application across several builds and versions. Also used bitmap, database, text, etc checkpoints while testing the application.
- Integrated QTP scripts with Mercury Quality Centre to store and execute regression automation test cases for every release and tracked the regression defects thru Quality Centre.
Environment: QTP 8.2/9.0, Test Director (Quality Centre) 8.2, VB script, Windows 2000.