- 4 years of experience in both manual and automated software Quality Assurance Testing of client - server and web-based applications and Backend testing, Object oriented analysis design with in-depth understanding.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Experience in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, java, Junit, Cucumber and TestNG frame works.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Solid knowledge in project building tool Maven, ANT. Good working experience in version control tool GIT and SVN.
- Good working experience in continuous integration tool Jenkins, Hudson, Team City.
- Good knowledge in Web Service testing using SOAP UI and Rest API.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center, BugZilla & IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) and JIRA for global test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Skilled in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Documenting Test Results and logging/tracking defects.
- Good team player and also have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership Project Management and interpersonal skills
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Quick Test Pro(QTP), SOAP UI, Jbehave, Cucumber
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, XML, C, C++, Ruby
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC.
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Application: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium Web Driver.
- Proven success in establishment of agile test practices including acceptance test automation using Cucumber (ruby scripting) during acceptance test driven development methodology.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kickoff daily builds and automation suites Jenkins, Maven and GitHub.
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Gained product knowledge and attended various QA training
- Expanded knowledge of product through Regression testing of easy modules
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application. Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Developed test scripts for web services using SOAP UI and worked with XPATH.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Automation for regression using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium GRID.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, JMeter, SOAP UI, GitHub, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center/ALM, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Performing exploratory testing to get a better understanding of the product features.
- Primarily responsible for preparing the IT environment for test engineer specifically for functional and automation team, smoke testing, regression testing and data preparation.
- Participate in the development of test documentation - test cases, test suites, test plans.
- Study functional and business requirement documents and use cases.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Attended the sprint planning meetings and analyzed user stories for testing tasks, testing time.
- Execute the test cases in Quality Center.
- Conducted back-end testing by writing SQL queries for database verifications.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, Alpha Beta Testing, Adhoc testing, and static/dynamic testing.
- Test case design, Test Execution using defect tracking tool HP ALM. Stored, analyzed and prioritized defects using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Gathered and analyzed user/business requirements and developed System test plans.
- Wrote and executed test cases.
- Performed Black Box Testing, GUI Testing.
- Communicated bugs through Quality Center.
- Enhanced test cases when the functionality changed in the application.
- Performed Manual Testing on different Modules of the Application.
- Worked with the developers to track the problem and resolved the issues.
- Involved in User acceptance testing and End to End testing of the application.
- Reviewed existing Test Scripts, and modified as required for new changes.
- Wrote SQL queries to check the integrity of data and created stored procedures and triggers.
- Created SQL Scripts to run against database testing and for populating, updating and deleting the data from the database.
- Follow up with developers on defects status on a daily basis.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, HTML, SQL, Oracle and Windows.