- Around 7 years of experience in QA Testing (Manual &Automation), proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC). And QA methodologies including Waterfall, V - model and Agile methodologies to ensure appropriate Quality Control.
- Experience in analyzing Business requirements, Developing Test cases, Execution of Test Case of Web Application, Mobile (IOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android OS) and Desktop Applications.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins, Git for CVS.
- Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both Manual Test cases and Test Scripts created in Selenium Webdriver with TestNG frameworks.
- Experience in all stages of testing - Manual and Automation testing’s like Regression, Functional, Integration, Smoke, System, Sanity, Usability, Back End, White Box, Black Box, Web and Maintenance, GUI, UAT.
- Expertise in preparing the Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrices, Test Scripts, Test Procedures and Test Summary Reports based on the User Requirement Document, System Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document.
- Good knowledge in testing Web Services using Soap UI tool and Rest Client.
- Good knowledge in implementing simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Fair Hands-on experience using Xpath functions and page object model. Experience with Jenkins integration for continuous integration.
- Extensively Used Bugzilla, HP Quality Center and JIRA to create Test cases and report Bugs in Defect Module.
- Involved in Test designing by preparing High Level Scenarios & Test Cases by verifying BRD’s & HLD’s.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any projects independently when needed.
- Mentored new team members for knowing the process and leading them in various situations to meet the deliverables on time. Zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, SOAP UI,HP Quality Center, Eclipse IDE, Katalon Studio, Android Studio, SOAP UI
Languages: Java, Java Script, Groovy Scripting, HTML, XML, CSS
Web Services: SOAP, RESTFUL, WSDL, SOAP UI
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
AgileScrum, Waterfall, V: model
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, QAC, JIRA
Build Tools: Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL
Servers/ Version: Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX & LINUX, Mac OS
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend the testing strategy.
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Created an automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing on different environments (like Production, UAT).
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (XPath, CSS Selectors, Firebug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Participate in design walkthrough and review meetings while interacting with customers.
- Quick setup, execution, and reporting of findings for Smoke test for each build.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Used Git for Version Control and Code Collaboration to manage code reviews.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Connected to a database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, Fire path, Firebug, XML, Agile, QC, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
- Analyzing the specification with the Core Team.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Understanding the client requirements and Functionalities.
- Involved in Planning, Designing, Developing and Executing Test cases for Automation Testing using selenium web driver, with Java and TestNG.
- Prepared the Test Cases/Scenarios by covering the entire functionality of the Application.
- Preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) and mapping requirements with the test cases.
- Review of test case and test results.
- Performed System testing, Functional testing and Integration testing, regression testing, Smoke and exploratory testing.
- Modified the Test Scripts as per requirement using Selenium Web driver.
- Integrated TestNG framework to run the test suit and as a reporting tool.
- Create test data and executed test scripts.
- Accepting/Rejecting user’s story in Pivotal Tracker based on Functional test execution.
- Preparing Execution report based on the stories Accepted/Rejected.
- Involved in Logging/verifying/closing and tracking defects and worked with development team to get the bug fixed.
- Prepared Defect report, Daily Status Report, Weekly report and QA Metrics/ QA Trends document.
- Involved in call with delivery manager for the user story on a daily basis throughout the release.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, IDE, Jira, Firebug, Fire Path, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, Junit, Manual Testing and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Associate Software Engineer
- Involved in analyzing the specification with the Onsite Team.
- Involved in understanding the requirements.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Involved in Creation and Execution of the test cases for Functionality, Regression, and Integration testing and End to End Testing.
- Review of test case and test results.
- Responsible for deploying builds on Oracle WebLogic application server.
- Responsible for Creating Database and Executing IQ for Alerts, BO Reports and Screen Customization.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Worked as Team Lead for 5 members in a team.
- Conducted ad - hoc testing on application in pre-production stage.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using HP Quality Center and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
E nvironment: Manual Testing, Oracle WebLogic, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Word and Excel.