- ASTQB/ISTQB certified Software QA Professional with around 9 years of extensive experience in both Manual and Automation testing in Web, Client/Server applications in diversified industry sectors like Healthcare (Medical Devices), Finance, Banking, State government and product companies.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) aspects such as developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases (Manual/Automated), Defect Reports and developing Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Expertise in writing Technical Documentation and performing Analysis, Functionality testing, UAT, Integration testing, System testing, End to End testing, Back - end testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Data-Driven testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, and Soak testing.
- Well versed in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support and maintenance with various methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile-Scrum models.
- Proficiency in SDLC tools like JIRA and knowledge on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Experience in defining the Entry and Exit criteria for different phases of testing.
- Experience in handling Defect life cycle using HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Redmine and JIRA.
- Experienced in Test Management tools HP ALM/Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest.
- Experienced in design and creation of test automation frameworks in Selenium.
- Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework.
- Expertise in Design and development of test automation frameworks for Web applications (responsive, Cross browser) using various Open Source/ Commercial testing tools like Selenium WebDriver/IDE
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL.
- Excellent team player and ability to adapt new technologies quickly and efficiently to support existing products as well as products on the strategic road map.
- Experienced in developing Use Cases, Interaction Diagrams (Sequence, Class and Collaboration diagrams), Packages and Classes using Lucid Chart, Rational Rose and Visio.
- Strong RDBMS skills and hands on experience in Oracle 9i/10g/12c and SQL Server 2000, DB2 using tools like SQL Developer.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member. Good communication and analytical skills to identify the issues and develop appropriate resolutions.
Languages/ERP& Scripts: C, C++, Java, SQL, VB Script, Ruby
Operating system/Browsers: UNIX, Linux, All flavors of Windows, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Databases: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, SQL Server
Testing Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA, IBM Rational Clear Quest
Automation Tools: Selenium (IDE, RC and WebDriver), Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI (Web API)
Version Control Tools: PHIRE
Code Management tools: GIT/GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN, CVS
Software Development Lifecycle Methodology: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Project Management Software: Trello, JIRA, Kanban
Collaboration Software: Slack, SharePoint
Domain Knowledge: HealthCare, Finance, State government, GIS
Others: Toad, Putty, Edit plus, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), ServiceNow
Confidential - Deerfield, IL
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Tested and reviewed specifications for medical devices, including product functional specifications, design specifications, and verification/validation procedures.
- Confer with systems analysts, programmers, Business users and other scientific personnel to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Involved in Functional, GUI, Sanity and Regression Testing.
- Involved in running FTP’s (Feature Test Plan), testing of existing features (Daily deliverables) and work with Research and Develop engineering team(R&D) to explain defects encountered and sending daily QA status reports to Core Team.
- Involved in running V & V (Verification &Validation) Test Procedures to confirm whether all requirements are being met and documenting results.
- Act as a Test Consultant to setup, plan and execute the test phase of the Medical Device for End users.
- Participated in Daily Stand Up Meetings and Bi-weekly Sprint/Retrospective Meetings.
- Present the timely status to the stakeholders and management and instil confidence about the work being done.
- Bridge any gaps and differences between the testing team and the management and form a clean two-way interface channel.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to map the test cases to requirements.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver (TestNg, JUnit) automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Pushed regression suite to Jenkins for continuous integration (CI).
- Used apache POI to data drive the automated test cases.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium WebDriver.
- Created Feature File Scenario Outline with Cucumber framework (Gherkin) and wrote Acceptance test using BDD.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviour's and step definitions.
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Senior Automation Test Developer
- Created and executed various Test plan, Test strategy and Test scripts in different environments for core HR, Benefits, Payroll for North America modules.
- Wrote ad-hoc SQL queries to retrieve test data.
- Worked on performance tuning SQL queries.
- Execute Interface Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Security Testing, End to End testing, and Regression Testing.
- Participated actively in daily status meeting, Weekly Triage meetings.
- Upload and update test documents in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Execute the Automation scripts and Analyse the performance of the application.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to automate function for the web application.
- Created Selenium WebDriver advance automation scripts using descriptive programming, modular approach, custom functions, logics, and looping for Regression testing.
- Involved in Regression Testing for every change in modules using Selenium WebDriver .
- Performed System testing by executing the test scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated Integration and System test environments using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Automation Frameworks using Java in Selenium WebDriver.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed Test Cases Manually and Test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and reported defects through HP ALM.
- Conducted overall quality assurance responsibilities including writing test plans, detailed test cases, test scripts, and test automation development, test execution, defect reporting and tracking, full documentation, and supervision.
Tech-Stack: Selenium WebDriver 2.x, Oracle, HP ALM, XML, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Confidential - Dublin, OH
Test Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and participated in requirement sessions to understand and identify missing, ambiguous, inconsistent requirements.
- Proactive participant in weekly agile team meetings.
- Automate Smoke & Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Performed functional testing and regression testing using Selenium and TestNG.
- Implemented various Java API’s in Selenium Web driver Automation scripts.
- Combined MVC Pattern architecture concept, POM (Page Object Model) and created a robust framework using Selenium WebDriver to automate Web Client.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Setup Jenkins server to create Maven jobs for nightly execution of regression suites in Selenium environment
- Using Apache POI Java API created data-driven test cases in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used core Java APIs to create and maintain automation framework in Selenium.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Jenkins.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAPUI PRO web services testing tool.
- Tested and Validated Complex Web services, SOA Applications, SOA Interfaces, WSDL Files and Tested SOAP Files using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI and REST API for integration testing with the client.
- Developed REST Web service for automation and created web service framework.
- Conducted performance testing using JMeter.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries against Oracle to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Extensively used JIRA for user stories, bug management and team communication.
- Involved in all the phases of Quality Assurance Life Cycle.
- Analysed the GIS software functionality.
- Interface discussions across project teams and core function teams about design.
- Preparing the unit test plan for the developed module, created Functional and Integration test plan as per the detailed design and executing the test cases before release.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepare the detailed Test Plan and Test Criteria for the testing.
- Skilled in analysing business context and requirements for UAT testing purposes.
- Performed different type of testing and used different techniques: Exploratory, Regression, Functional, Integration, GUI, Usability and User Acceptance (UAT) testing for various combinations (Google Maps).
- Performed various Performance Tests such as Stress, Load, Duration and Reliability using Mercury Load Runner for Google Maps.
- Prepared and executed Testcases manually according to the BRD, Technical Specification, Functional Design and Usecase documents, identifying applications functionality, test requirements and coverage.
- All the issues that came up during the testing process were tracked and logged in defect tracking tool.
- Automated test cases using Selenium RC.
- For bug tracking and reporting, followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status using IBM Clear Quest.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke and System testing.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Prepare and provide test execution status report and defect reports for management review and project presentations.
- Taken part in QA meetings discussing the findings, bug fixes.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were created to by the application.
- Wrote and performed SQL queries to retrieve data for backend validation.