- Software quality assurance/functional testing professional with 9 years of expertise in manual and test automation of web/client - based and mobile (iOS and Android) applications.
- Expertise in SDLC using Agile Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in writing and executing manual test cases
- Expertise in writing, debugging and executing GUI test scripts for:
- Web, client-based, Mainframes, Siebel CRM applications using UFT, TOSCA
- Web applications using Selenium
- Mobile apps using Selenium/Appium, AWS device farm
- Expertise in writing, debugging and executing API test scripts using UFT, SOAP UI, Postman
- Expertise in creating automation framework in UFT and Selenium.
- Successfully implemented enterprise releases for applications.
- Extensive knowledge in requirement analysis, creation of traceability matrix and impact analysis, test scenario/cases preparation, automation scripting, developing & maintaining test data, test execution, defect lifecycle and reporting.
- Conducted Proof of Concept for various products/applications.
- Able to handle crucial customer interactions and has extensively worked with diverse customers.
- Worked with multiple vendors and geographically distributed teams.
- UFT (VB scripting)
- Selenium WebDriver (Eclipse IDE using Java)
- Tricentis TOSCA automation tool (model-based)
- SoapUI (Grovy scripting)
- AWS Device Farm
- Android Studio/AVD Manager
- Subversion (SVN)
- Version One
- ALM QC
- Silk Central
- JIRA with Zephyr addin
- SharePoint 2016, WebDesinger 2013, InfoPath 2013
- MS Office 2016 package/Office 365
- VB Scripting
- SQL Queries
- Hybrid (Linear, Data Driven, Keyword, Structured)
- Page Object Model
- BDD (TDD and ADD)
- MS Access Database
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Software Test Automation Analyst
Tools: Used: UFT (vb Scripting), Selenium (Java), Appium, AWS Device Farm, Android Studio, SVN, GitLab, SOAP UI, Postman, Version One, Rally, SilkCentral, HP ALM, O365, Sharepoint webdesinger, Infopath
- Created Selenium appium TestNG framework and test scripts for mobile testing of app to be run on AWS device farm console and direct device (cloud based mobile testing).
- Set up Mobile Center of Excellence for mobile testing.
- Generated Business Process Automation (BPA) scripts for address updates in Siebel and Mainframes applications which saves 1.5 FTE through automating the business flows. Similar concept to Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Successfully implemented PoC on BDD with UFT by creating a driver script which parses feature and step definition file.
- Conducted PoC for Selenium TestNG framework using Page Object Model for a web application.
- Development Team member in Digital Strategy project for testing of iOS and Android mobile app using Version One and SAFe® Agile Framework.
- Extensive experience in developing GUI and API (SOAP and REST) automation scripts in UFT.
- Integrated UFT with GitLab through command line for CI/CD testing pipeline.
- Gather and analyze requirements to create scenarios, traceability matrix and impact analysis.
- Effort estimates using T&M model and Return on Investment(ROI) analysis for various projects.
- Prepare schedule timelines and roadmap for project execution.
- Set standards, and ensure alignment with enterprise automation framework guidelines to allow functional QA team to fully adapt to automation.
- Structure test data, function libraries, scenario scripts, test steps, business rules, exception handling and any framework design elements.
- Set up test plans and execution plans to create and execute test cases in various tools such as Silk Central, ALM, Rally.
- Create deliverables such as test plan, progress and summary reports during planning, execution and closure phases.
- Validate the Go-live or implementation activities such as production verification to ensure that there are no issues in the production environment.
- Create defect lifecycle processes for projects and report defects in Defect management tools and participate in defect triages.
- Expertise in creating forms in SharePoint using WebDesinger 2013 and InfoPath 2013.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining SharePoint sites for projects.
Software Test Automation Analyst
Tools: Used: UFT, Selenium, MS Access, SQL, SVN, SilkCentral, HP ALM
- Created automated scripts using UFT for an auto insurance application based on web and client-server (thick).
- Executed automated test scripts and reported to defects to the project team
- Debugging of automated scripts for defect fixes at code level and fixing the issues within the scripts
- Maintenance of scripts by upgrading the scripts for major and minor enhancements.
- Reporting of test summary results to the project team.
Software Test Analyst
Tools: Used: TOSCA, Selenium(Java), Jira, XML Parser, HP ALM, MS Office 2013, SharePoint
- Understand test cases and scenarios, designs and develops medium to complex automation scripts for client-based applications of Reinsurance domain.
- Created tools to parse xml files in one of the infrastructure projects related to java application whitelisting.
- Ensure that the test environment is set up, validate test data for the assigned module and support supervisor by creating specific mitigation actions for identified risks.
- Provide review feedback for test cases/scripts prepared by team testers and implemented mitigation plans identified for risks to commence test execution for manual testing and test scripts for automation testing.
- Validate results of test cases executed by junior members and participate in defect triages using knowledge of test execution process, test requirements and business criticality.
- Support the team wherever required for resolving any issues related to deliverables and provide inputs on critical capabilities.
- Review knowledge management activities in the project to help track and improve knowledge management within the project and leverage information from other projects.
- Coordinated with multiple vendors from geographically distributed teams for a successful testing and go-live of a single project.
Software Test Analyst
Tools: Used: MS Lync 2010, MS Office 2013, SharePoint, HP QC
- Conducted Proof of Concept for Microsoft Lync 2010.
- Gathered requirements for system and user acceptance testing including branding of product per company’s rules and guidelines.
- Created test strategy to conduct testing on desktop, virtual workstations and mobiles.
- Performed user acceptance testing and led offshore teams to perform system testing.
- Conducted and coordinated pilot phase and enterprise level roll-outs across various platforms and across different continents.
Software Test Engineer
Tools: Used: TOSCA, Jira, HP QC, MS Office 2013, SharePoint
- Analyzed requirements and created impact analysis.
- Created and executed complex functional test cases for test planning in QC as test management tool.
- Developed and executed automation scripts for various projects using TOSCA automation tool
- Reported defects to supervisor and logged defects in QC, Jira.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience in agile scrum methodology with dedicated, iterative sprints of 2/3 weeks.
- Reported execution and testing status to supervisor and interacted with customers for issue resolving.
- Participated in knowledge transfer sessions.