- Having 8 years of experience in Software Testing / Quality Assurance and Experience in testing web applications, as well as Standalone applications using manual testing and Automation testing using Java.
- Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle (STLC) using Agile & Waterfall methodologies and Rally and JIRA tools.
- Excellent Coding skills using Java, C, C++, SQL and scripting languages Java Script.
- Involved in Manual Testing and Retesting of the Application.
- Hands on experience in setting up the environment of Appium for automating test cases of applications for Mobile that are running on IOS and Android devices.
- Extensively worked with Selenium Web Driver/ IDE/ RC/Grid and Protractor for testing web applications.
- Developed the Selenium Test cases with Data Driven, Selenium Page Objects Model Frameworks using: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Log4j, JXL, JDBC and Maven
- Experience with integrating with Jenkins & automating Selenium Tests with Continuous Integration
- Experience in testing and performing various validations Web Services (SOAP and RESTFUL), creating Test Suites & Data Driven Tests using SOAP UI Tool
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI, Apache Http Client.
- Validating the Web Responsive Design patterns.
- Experience in testing native apps on phone, Android and iPad devices manually.
- Performed White Box testing using Junit framework
- Well Versed with in Black Box, Functional, White Box, System, Regression, Integration, GUI testing using both Manual and Automation Techniques.
- Extensive experience in different IDEs like Eclipse, and Edit plus.
- Exposure to build tools which include Maven, HP Quality Center, and Jenkins.
- Experienced in using repositories SVN/ GIT.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
Languages: Java, Java Script, C++, Node.js, SQL
Testing Tools: Protractor, Selenium Web Driver/IDE/RC, Junit, TestNG, SOAP UI, Fire bug
Web Services: SOAPUI, WSDL, SOAP, RESTFUL Services, BDD, Micro Tester
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, Quality Center, JIRA
IDE’s and Other Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, Docker
Databases and Tools: Oracle, MYSQL, DB2, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL
Web and App Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Microsoft IIS
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: Windows, DOS, Linux, Mac, UNIX
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Participating in Sprint planning and Sprit meetings.
- Creating Test cases and implementing the Automation Strategy.
- Working closely with Product owner and Business Analyst to implementing the Testing Strategy.
- Creating Test cases in Protractor, Micro Tester, Cucumber and Maven.
- Developed the Data Ingestion Process in Unified Tenant.
- Created Test cases in UI side Using Java Script and Protractor as a Tool.
- As a Backed End Side Working Closely with Java and Micro Tester as a tool.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and role of QA.
- Tested internal responsive web application created to replace legacy expense tool on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Worked closely with Front - End Developers and UX to quickly resolve issues.
- Experience in multiple version control tools like GIT, SVN.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, SoapUI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Wrote SQL queries to test student reports generated by the online application against the database.
- Performed front and back-end manual testing by writing complex SQL queries against MS SQL Server Database.
- Experience in using continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Worked closely with the Developers to test the functionality of the application and Working with the developer to perform Regression testing.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression Testing using TestNG and Selenium Functional, Acceptance and Limit validations.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- Contributed in creating automation framework for complex scenarios and performed Functional and Regression Testing for various releases using Selenium (WebDriver) and TestNG
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using TestNG framework.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform testing of the application.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with selenium grid and selenium.
- Proficient in Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Used TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Perform Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and Manual Testing
- Developed Automation Framework from a scratch using Protractor and Jasmine for UI Automation
- Wrote groovy scripts to validate REST Response based on created test data using ReadyAPI (SoapUI Pro)
- Responsible for writing and maintaining test cases in HP Quality Centre
- Enhanced Gradle based Java code to verify the mongo dB data with the JSON (converted to excel document) and write the test results in other excel files for approx. 2000 records
- Used GitLab to manage the UI Automation Code
- Interact with developers and BSA to understand the requirements clearly and discuss/explain the defects found in the application
- Experience working in multiple streams of KYC programs like Scoring, Screening and Question Bank in KYC to perform Black Box Testing, White Box testing, Manual Testing, API automation and UI Automation
- Participate in production testing during the final production push and provide production support
- Actively participate in all Spec and Design review meetings.
- As part of Agile Team, I was responsible for Scrum Meetings and created test plans, test scenarios and wrote test cases for testing various services.
- Designed, implemented and maintained automation framework to measure and monitor memory, rendering frame rate, data streaming, and other core engine features.
- Created Selenium infrastructure for Regression Testing.
- Used to check the responsive design of the Web page.
- Trained new team members on how to use Selenium and help them create tests using the framework.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium Web Driver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI, Apache HttpClient, Jackson, JAXB parsers.
- Performing Video-streaming Operations as a VDE.
- Implemented SOAP UI for Web Service Testing.
- Used different features of SOAP UI tool like data source, Property transfer steps, and delay steps for performing the web services testing.
- Writing the test plans and test scripts on mobile (IOS& Android) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity. Used Jenkins continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Created selenium-based scripts using Java and JUnit.
- Developed java-based library to read test data from XML & properties files using JUnit and Selenium.
- Used other confluence tools like Wiki for document sharing.
- Developed the classes in Log4J to implement logging feature in all the application modules.
- Executed SQL queries to validate the Data in tables.
- Did functional testing, regression testing, smoke testing, and integration testing.
- Worked on cross platform (OS and Web browser) testing.
- Assessed & analysed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Created Data Driven Framework to test with different sets of test data.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Used Firebug to identify web elements using XPath and CSS selectors.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and SOAPUI).
- Worked on creating test case for object-driven framework for selenium web driver.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used XML files in sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Http Client uses a Http Uri Request to send and receive data, Important subclass of Http URI Request.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Centre.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
Environment: Agile, Selenium Web Driver/IDE, Java, TestNG, Jira, JXL, HTML, XML, SOAP UI, RESTFUL, SOAP, Appium, Firebug, AJAX, MySQL, Junit, Log4j, SQL, UNIX, MAVEN, Java Script, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
- Worked closely with business analysts and developers for thorough requirements review and developing test scenarios.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium RC and Web Driver using TestNG and Junit.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium and Java.
- Developed the test scripts and analysed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium (Java).
- Used Firebug, and XPath to work with the application objects.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework in a database.
- Developed and implemented the custom framework with Data Driven and Page Object Factory Model using Selenium Web Driver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Designed and developed Data Driven Framework using Selenium Web Driver to validate test case against different data set.
- Used TestNG Test Suite to run group of Test classes and Test Cases.
- Used Rally managing the stories and creating defects for the iteration.
- Created maven pom.xml to get the needed artifacts and Integrated with Jenkins.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAPUI.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, system Integration Testing, User acceptance testing, Database testing and Regression testing.
- Developed Servlets and Utilized Node.js to create a fast and efficient chat server.
- Implement modules into Node.js to integrate with designs and requirements.
- Quality Centre was used as the overall Test Management Tool, where scripts were located and stored under respective Project Folders.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL for Data retrieval in Back End Testing.
- Close interaction with Team Members, Developers, Business Analyst and Project Management
Environment: Agile, Rally, Selenium WebDriver, xPath, JXL, Firebug, Fire Path, Java, TestNG, Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, SOAP UI, XML, JSON, Quality Centre, Maven, Jenkins, Oracle, HTML, Java Script, CSS, XML, Node.js, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, Rally, ANT, Jenkins, Firebug, UNIX, Windows.