- QA Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Manual and Automation testing with expertise in Planning, Analysis, Design and Maintenance of Manual and Automation tests for Web - Based applications including Web-based and Client-Server applications. Worked on various domains like Ecommerce, Banking and Retail.
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall approach and Agile approach ‘Scrum’. Exceptional understanding of Scaled Agile Framework for scaling Agile across enterprise.
- Strong understanding of java and j2ee.
- Expertise in Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and its implementation in Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum) by analyzing requirement specifications, developing test objective, strategies, scope, test procedures and test matrix.
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings like Sprint Grooming , Sprint Planning , Daily Stand-Ups, Review and Retrospective .
- Worked on varied types of testing like Functional and Non-functional testing which includes Smoke/Sanity testing, Unit testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, API testing, Database testing, Performance testing, Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing and UAT.
- Developed and executed test scripts using Java programming language with Selenium WebDriver interface.
- Integrated Selenium with TestNG framework for parallel testing, listeners, groups and annotations.
- Generated reports using ItestListener and Extent Report.
- Strong knowledge on Selenium Components like Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID.
- Executed Apache POI jar files to fetch the data from Excel files as well as JDBC API for accessing the database and executed data driven testing by JDBC connections.
- Developed Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development (BDD)and Acceptance-Test Driven Development (ATDD). knowledge on Web Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SOAP-UI
- Extensively used SQL Server while performing backend database testing.
- Used JMeter for performance testing, creating samplers, thread counts, scheduling and assertions for validations and listeners for reports.
- RESTFUL web services using different assertions like HTTP, security and Xpath assertion using SoapUI and Postman tool.
- Experience in maintaining Java and Selenium test source code and resources in version control tools such as GitHub and SVN.
- Ability to manage complete defect life cycle from discovering defects, finding its root cause and ensuring that client expectations are met with high quality software solution using Rally, JIRA.
- Used Maven for building WebDriver projects and performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins.
- Adept in Team Management , Problem Resolution , Conflict Management , People Management and Interpersonal Skills.
Approach: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile (Scrum)
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, JMeter, Postman
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG
Programming Languages: JAVA, SQL, C++
Mark-up Languages: HTML, CSS, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle
Version Control tools: GitHub, SVN
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS
Defect/Agile Tools: JIRA, Rally
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Utilities: Eclipse, IntelliJ
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Senior QA Engineer
- Access and analyze system requirements document and participated in Sprint planning, daily standup, review and retrospective meetings.
- Involve in preparing Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Developing automation scripts for automating Functional and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse IDE.
- Preparing and analyzing test cases as required in the user stories.
- Developing Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Generate test reports in TestNG, used Parameters and Data Providers in TestNG.
- Handled Selenium WebDriver features like implicit wait and explicit wait under synchronization.
- Using Data Driven Framework with Page Object Model and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Using Git for version controland managed the framework dependency jars using Maven
- Performing Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Participating in defect review meetings to resolve the defects.
- Worked on code coverage with Sonar Cube.
- Developed mock tests using Mockito and Power Mock.
- Worked with CI/CD in maintaining a seamless deployment of release branches.
- Preparing the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database.
- Involving in testing SOAP and RESTFUL web services using different assertions like HTTP, security and Xpath assertion using SoapUI and Postman tool.
- Using JIRA for bug tracking, Issue tracking and project management.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for providing test cases and executing them within an AGILE software development SCRUM environment.
- Reviewed Project Plan, Business Process Requirements, Technical Requirements and created Test Specifications and Test Result documents.
- Developed automated scripts for performing Regression Testing through Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Used GitHub as code repository.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on periodic bases.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Worked on regression testing, automation estimation, design and framework. Provided the detailed implementation plan to management
- Contributed to and assisted in the management of bug tracking databases built in Rally.
- Interacted with Project Managers, developers, QA Analysts and business management in reviews and solving the problems encountered in the applications.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, technical design documents, Use Cases and all supporting documents.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace test cases to functional requirements
- Responsible for providing regular status report to the management
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Used SQL commands to validate the database and test its integration with the front end.
- Preformed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing,
- Controlled logging and tracking of defects; analyzed and maintained comprehensive defects reports using HP Quality Centre.
- Investigated Software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues. Closely worked with respective personnel to nail down the bugs and reported bugs to all concerned.
- Co-ordinated with offshore teams about various document clarifications and discussions about functionality.