- Having overall 8+ years of Software industry experience as Software Quality Engineer.
- Focus has been in Test Automation, Functional Testing, Rest API Testing and Mobile Native App Testing in AGILE environment.
- Extensive experience on automation framework development using Selenium Web Driver, Java, TestNG, Maven and other open source tools.
- Developed Page Object Model (POM) and Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver\TestNG
- Experience in Web Services REST APIs testing using SOAPUI and REST API libraries.
- Executing the test scripts in UFT and ALM. Developed test scripts and function libraries using VBScripts.
- Good experience with Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver (Core Java), Cucumber Test framework using Selenium, HP LoadRunner.
- Involved in mobile testing include app testing & Test automation for web applications using cucumber.
- Jenkins CI\CD continuous integration development for automation tests for quick releases.
- Created Jenkin Jobs for nightly runs for automation suites and triage failures and fix.
- Project estimation, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Metrics and Report dashboard.
- Strong Experience with Agile methodology, Waterfall.
- Automate the mobile apps test cases using Selenium Appium framework and execute on weekly basis.
- Test all the scripts using Appium XCode simulators.
- Experience in distributed test automation execution using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Participated in formal test case reviews with the technical and business team.
- Strong experience in ETL and Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries for Data Profiling, Data validation, Source - 2-Target Mapping and BI Report Testing.
- Excellent skill in finding bugs and defect management tools HP ALM, Jira, Rally.
- Mobile Native app testing on Android platform IOS.
- Strong Knowledge in Git hub, Perforce and SVN.
- Developed and executed test cases fo r mobile application.
- Experienced in working with UFT(QTP),And See test mobile automation.
- Hands on experience in Agile Tool Rally and Jira.
- Experience in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Java, Appium and TestNG.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Shell scripting to automate application functions.
- Extensive experience with Onshore/Offshore model.
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting, works under pressure and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with various types of testing like System testing, functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and REST API testing.
- Participated in the full life cycle implementation of salesforce.com from technical design to development, configuration and administration to testing and deployment of high quality business solutions.
- Experienced testing and mobile testing such as IOS, Android, Windows, Brew and RIM.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Jmeter, SoapUI, QTP, Appium, Eclipse
Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Version Control tool: GitHub, SVN
Programming Languages: HTML5, JAVA\J2EE, C, C++, Shell script, C#
Databases: MySQL, Oracle11g, SQL Server, PL/SQL
Defect Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA, RALLY
Confidential, New York
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and understood functional requirements from business requirement specifications and identify the test scenarios.
- Involved in preparing a detailed test plan by thoroughly reviewing SRS documents, system design and technical design documents.
- Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User Stories based on Release and Sprint Plan.
- Automation of test execution using shell scripting.
- Experience developing wide range of Recovery Scenarios for automation mobile testing in QTP/UFT.
- Maintained simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android and IOS Platform using Appium.
- Assisted with day-to-day maintenance of servers, including performing backups, new software install and upgrades. Wrote and Updated Shell and SQL scripts for Testing.
- Developed shell scripts to automate tasks like checking network connectivity, code scan using Fortify.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintaining both manual test cases and automation test scripts, test execution, reporting and tracking defects.
- Performed web applications, mobile testing on iOS, android operating systems.
- Defect tracking using Version One Tool.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications
- Performed in mobile testing include app testing & Test automation for web applications using cucumber.
- Good Knowledge of Salesforce implementation cycle in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Knowledge Base and Custom Force.com Platform Application.
- Performed with load testing and Shell scripting using HP Performance Center, JMeter.
- Worked on scripting in Ruby/Gherkin and VB Scripting done for Feature Files written using Cucumber Framework
- Code/Script mobile apps test cases using Appium and android emulators/iOS simulators.
- Experience in using Defect management systems such as HP ALM (Quality Center).
- Install and Uninstallation mobile testing for the builds and patches in various IOS and environments.
- Worked on Salesforce Lightning Components for building customized components replacing the existing ones.
- Worked on both real devices and simulators for mobile testing.
- Involved in assigning daily task to the offshore team.
- Performed continuous integration of the test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured it to email reports during a build failure.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used open source bug tracking tool JIRA & IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using cloud watch .
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job
- Developed Lightning apps using lightning Components and made them compatible with salesforce1 mobile app.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front- end servers.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Performed the tasks of assisting agile tester in conducting test plans and test cases
- Worked with the business users on User Acceptance Testing by mentoring them on various aspects of testing. Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Use Case Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases.
Environment: Selenium, Oracle9i, Java, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Appium, Cucumber, UNIX, Oracle PL/SQL, UML, Mocha, Jasmine, Rational Rose, Shell Script, UFT/QTP, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest 2002, Salesforce, Jenkins, MS Office suite, MS Visio
Confidential, LANSING, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Writing test plans, test cases, defect reports and test completion reports where systems under test were thick client, multi-tier web applications, mainframe and mobile devices.
- Supporting the offshore testing team by answering questions, reviewing test plans, test cases and test scenarios.
- Experience in Selenium Testing tools (Web Driver and RC) and CodedUI tool.
- Experience in Design and Development of test automation frameworks for web application using Selenium and CodedUI testing tool.
- Performed end to end web services testing using soap UI and API testing using UFT 12
- Used SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Developed Data Driven Tests using QTP, HP ALM, QC and automated functional testing.
- Implemented and Executed Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android and IOS Platform using Appium.
- Automation of test cases and executing data types using shell scripting.
- Used Appium for native, hybrid Mobile Application Testing for IOS and Android platforms.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Experience in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Used HP ALM to analyze, track and report defects. Worked on uploading all the Test cases to the Quality Centre for the current and prior releases.
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in a HP ALM.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
- Performed shell scripts to automate tasks like checking network connectivity, code scan using Fortify
- Test REST Web Services APIs with open source tools and Ruby framework in Linux environment.
- Used different Frameworks like Keyword and Data Driven frame works in QTP/UFT, and extensively worked on Scripting using Shared Object repository
- Code/script test cases using VB script and integrate with function libraries of QTP.
- Used Appium for test Automation Framework, Cross platform test Automation.
- Written unit test scripts for controllers, filters and services using karma, mocha and Jasmine
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Uploading test cases, executing tests and entering defects within HP ALM Quality Center.
- Acquiring and organizing large amounts of data for testing.
- Testing the Web API for functional validation through VS and Soap API tool.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Performed End to End Mobile Testing on Android using Appium.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber. Used firebug and Firepath to access webpage script variables.
- Involved in Salesforce.com Application Setup activities and customized the apps to match the functional needs of the organization.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment
- Validated failed automation test cases as defects or false hits.
- Communicating effectively in a project team environment while leading defect triage calls to establish defect priorities, severity, commenting on the projects inputs and assigning defects to the responsible party for the next steps.
- Reporting during project team meetings to give status updates, testing progress, issues and escalation points.
- Automated the Manual test cases of the application.
- Reviewed the Business requirement documents and the Technical Specification.
- Practiced Agile methodology by managing requirements, controlling software changes and followed iterative approach through the software development.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to verify that all stated and derived requirements are allocated to system components.
- Reviewed test cases in the automation perspective to identify reusable actions, functions using Quality Centre.
- Interacted with the Salesforce.com premium tech support team on a regular basis
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Responsible for designing test conditions, test plan, test cases, execution and entering defects for web and mobile applications
- Developed optimized QTP scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and config files to enhance the QTP test scripts with VB scripts and developed user-defined functions for frequent reuse.
- Developed QTP Scripts and executed them for test data set up required to conduct Functional testing
- Collaborated with the Release Deployment team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (smoke) test as well as Operations and Production Support team to develop reusable automated scripts for Database Updates and basic regression testing.
- Converting previously automated QTP application in Selenium with Junit and xPath.
Environment: Quick Test Pro (QTP), Quality Centre, Selenium, Core Java, Java Script, Oracle, HTML, Office, MS Project, Ms FrontPag ), Java, Cucumber, UFT/QTP, SQL, Shell Script, WebDriver, Jenkins, Quality Centre ALM, Restful, JIRA, TestNG, Appium, SOAP, VB Script..
Confidential, Lincoln, RI
QA Automation Engineer
- Core responsibility involved complete manually testing of the User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- Followed software testing methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Design and develop new processes to handle the merger between the clients and ultimately establishing the operational general ledger on the target platform
- Extensive experience as an Automation Testing Specialist using tools like Quick Test Professional, LISA, Test partner, Win Runner and good knowledge on Load Runner.
- Extensively worked in designing the Testing approach for the ETL process in the Credit Data Provisioning Enterprise Data Warehouse (CDP).
- Conducted Performance testing using QTP.
- Generated reports using ITKO-LISA.
- Experience in VSE configuration and implementation in ITKO-LISA.
- Used SQL to test various reports and ETL load jobs in development, QA and production environment
- Writing new COBOL, DB2 programs to handle Claim centre messages (from front end via XML) processed in the Mainframe from the front end system called Claim Centre (CC) using GUIDEWIRE working with SQL SERVER Data.
- Involved in testing the Automation process of the Application using QTP
- Used mocked up data and TOAD to create and execute SQL scripts for back-end data validation.
- Transferred data (ETL) to Data ware house Environment using SSIS and SSAS.
- Conducted GUI and functionality testing using QTP.
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving areas to meet capital requirement regulations.
- Lead Business Intelligence reports development efforts by working closely with Microstrategy, Teradata, and ETL teams
- Respond to user requests, troubleshoot dashboard/report issues, document procedures, design, develop, implement and maintain complex Business Intelligence applications
- Analyzing the ETL process created in Informatica, developed SQL queries and tables which replicated the ETL, and compared the SQL results with the Informatica tables.
- Studied the application flow, data to be used for exercising the different functionality’s and created Test cases for functionality.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on UNIX.
- Executed SQL Queries to retrieve data from tables and to create views and perform backend testing
- Prepared test scripts for automated testing using QTP
- Performed Web Services testing and Validated XML request response data using ITKO-LISA.
- Performed functionality testing using QTP
- Experience with Web Services Testing Using LISA.
- Developed Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), ETL Specifications and Report Specification Document (RSD).
- Develop and execute scripts to test data migration using SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Wrote specification to implement application feed for trade-processing lifecycles from pre-trade analysis to post-trade risk management, settlement and regulatory compliance with SunGard's Capital Markets and Investment Banking solution.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Defined and performed the test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensured that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Provided the management with test matrices, reports and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Execution of PL/SQL on MS-ACESS in order to view successful transaction of data.
- Validated database contents using SQL Queries.
- Used Bug zero to report the defects and reports in weekly team meetings.
- Defined Quality Assurance requirements, and established advanced testing standards and methods. Designed and developed a full life-cycle hardware and software test environment.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed SQL scripts and wrote stored procedures to validate the flow of data from Legacy source to target application database and ability to perform data validation (of ETL processes, schema and DDL check, data flow from data warehouse to application databases, data marts, return marts, referential data, repositories).
- Creating and maintaining the Traceability Matrix of scripts that needed remediation as part of the data conversion effort.
- Profound knowledge of web services testing using SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) tools SOAP UI,SOAP UI Pro, ITKO LISA.
- Written Java Scripts for asserting the various Filter values in Lisa.
- Involved in creation and execution of manual test cases in Mercury Test Director and automated Test Cases in QTP and analyzed the Test Results.
- Responsible for construction, testing and implementation components of the business intelligence development life cycle.
- Reviewed test assignments, developed test plan and scripts, and conducted tests as assigned.
- Executing the jobs and validating the reports and output files as per Test Cases
- Review and analyze all major conversion/migration projects to determine if these projects have any cash clearance and settlements or general ledger impact. Once the impact is determined, help project team in developing a viable process to handle all cash settlements and general ledger related activities including balance moves from the current general ledger system (JPMC) to target system (SAP).
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Senior level SQL query skills (Oracle and TSQL) in analyzing and validating SSIS ETL database data ware house processes.
- Parameterized the scripts by running the same operation with multiple sets of data in QTP.
- Maintain test matrices on various dimensions like client and test status to reflect the test progress.
- Enhanced the script using different checkpoints like Text output value, Table checkpoint in QTP
- Conducted overall quality assurance responsibilities including writing test plans, detailed test cases, test scripts, and test automation development, test execution, defect reporting and tracking, full documentation, and supervision.
- Used different ad-hoc analysis, the Reports assist in defining strategy for each customer category. Informatica was used for ETL process and Business Objects 6.5.1 & XI R2 are used for Reporting duties.
- Involved in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Business Process Validation, Load & Performance Testing, Virtual Service Environment, and Continuous Validation Service using ITKO LISA Tool with combination of HP tools.
- Used Test Director and Mercury Quality Center for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Used Quick Test Pro’s Data Table, to manipulate the data sets and create multiple test scenarios.
- Responsible for business units consolidated general ledger inclusive of preparation month end closing, including adjusting, closing and balancing accounts, journal entries, account reconciliations, inter-company analyses, and balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow analyses
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access. Produce performance reports and implement changes for improved reporting.
- Coordinating with other teams like planning, applications, Environment and Media
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Worked on trouble ticket process for the releases using Quality Center.
- Involved automated activities to improve the existing processes.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance on UNIX.
- Analyze the functional requirements, writing test cases for each and every object. Using test specs and test frames created, automated the test cases using Test Director.
- Involved and responsible for creating weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
Environment: Mercury Tools (Win Runner 7.0, Test Director 7.0/7.5, QTP, UNIX, Load Runner 6.5/7.0, Quick Test Pro 6.5, Quality Center 9.0), NT/00, SQL, SQL Server, XML
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in gathering Business Level Requirements and reviewed manual testing methods
- Prepared Test plans which includes an introduction, various test strategies, test schedules, QA teams role, test deliverables, etc.
- Responsible for writing Test cases to cover overall quality assurance using Test Director
- Performed initial manual testing of the application as part of sanity testing
- Planned, coordinated, and directed research and facilitated the computer-related activities of the firm using .Net technologies (ASP and VB), FileMaker Pro, MS SQL Server 2000 and SDLC concepts.
- Performed various tests such as positive, negative to check business functionality manually
- Performed Black Box testing and conducted Functionality and Regression testing on various phases of the Management software
- The tests also included GUI testing: Testing for validation and display of screens
- Created dummy accounts on our system and verified the account generation process and date integrity
- Prepared complex queries to retrieve data for database testing
- Created and enhanced TSL scripts using Win Runner
- Created various checkpoints in the script using Win Runner
- Created reports using Mercury Interactive Test Director
- Application and network performance testing analysis
- Developed Shell Scripts to automate loading processes
- Writing shell scripts to run batch processes and to run Oracle background\Processes
- Used SQL queries to test the integrity of data by querying the database
- Interacted with the development team to assure that all the defects are addressed in time
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing
Environment: Win runner, Test Director, Windows 2000 Professional, SQL