- 8 Years of experience in IT industry with various phases of testing across applications in divergent domains.
- Strong expertise in Software testing the different applications like Health Insurance, Sales, finance, Retail etc.
- Experience working with Test Management tools like Quality Center and Test Director.
- Good exposure to different Software Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
- Experience in testing the application in Finance, Sales and mortgages domain.
- Experience in understanding Requirements handed over by the Business Analyst and work along with the Development team.
- Expertise in preparing test plans, test cases, test case execution, and reporting.
- Proficient in Sanitary, Integration, System, User and Alpha Testing.
- Skilled in generating automated test scripts using QTP. Generated a repository of reusable functions to cut down scripting time.
- Hands on experience in using framework for QTP Automation Scripts.
- Good in Maintaining of Test Scripts, Requirements & management of test suites using Quality Center Tool. Prepared the Test Execution reports using the Quality Center.
- Experience in preparing Test Approach /Strategy and estimation of work along with team lead.
- Excellent Work Experience in Windows NT, 95, 2000, UNIX platforms.
- Good Knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, JAVA
- Experience using various Defect Tracking Tools such as Bugzilla, ClearQuest and Quality Center for defect management throughout the product life cycle
- Independent, self - motivated, flexible to handle changing priorities in fast pace environment. Excellent Team player, strong communication and interpersonal skills, which enabled to interact with Managers, Business Analysts and Developers.
- Strong in performing backend testing to validate data using SQL queries.
- Good understanding of XML, Use Case Diagrams and Content Management Tools (TeamSite), Software Configuration Management tools (ClearCase and Visual Source Safe).
Tools: & Utilities: QTP, Winrunner, Quality Center, Bugzilla
Languages: XML, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, VB Script, TSL Scripts, C, C++, PERL, Java
Web Related: HTML, DHTML, Web Services
Databases: SQL Server2000, Oracle 10g, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX/LINUX
Reporting Tools: Quality Center, MS Excel
Packages: MS Office, MS Project
Confidential, Seattle, WA
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for Manual and automated testing (Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE).
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for testing.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Involved in Functional Testing, Load Testing, Regression Testing, cross - browsing testing and Adhoc testing
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Reviewed Business requirements with Business Analysts in JAD Sessions to understand requirements.
- Analyzed the transaction workflows, review the change requests to develop Test data and test cases.
- Developing test processes and approaches according to standards.
- Assisted team documenting functional and regression test plans, test cases with expected results based on the business functional requirements.
- Conducted Test plan reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Data received from sources is transformed and loaded into database using Data Stage
- Exposure to functionality of various components in Data Stage
- Conducted testing on Oracle database of size around 10 TB with tables carrying huge volume of data
- Tracked the progress of the test team through weekly status reports.
- Coordinated and managed testing activities as per the AGILE methodology followed by project team members.
- Coordinated the test activities with Quality Assurance team.
- Follow up with developers on issues that were causing problems in testing in QA environment.
- Prepared Test estimation and Test metrics documents using MS Excel.
- Tracked the test cases and defects using Quality Center.
- Presented weekly/daily status reports & Test Metrics using Quality Center.
- Prepared Load Test plan and Analyzed the performance test results.
- Analyzed the reports and graphs generated by Load Runner to check the bottlenecks in the performance.
- Reported bugs into an automated bug management system and performing regression tests after the bugs were fixed.
Environment: Oracle, UNIX, Data Stage, Windows NT/ 2000, HP Quality Center, TOAD, IBM DB2 Command Center, Oracle SQL
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
Automation Test Analyst
- Coordinated business analysts for translating requirements to test cases.
- Execution of Test Case manually to verify actual results against expected results.
- Tested the application manually for a few modules for the functionality of the application.
- Automated test scripts for the GUI, Functional, Data Driven and Regression testing using Quick Test Pro and also developed test harness.
- Identified the high-risk points and the priorities of the application.
- Defined the test criteria and project schedules during project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Documented detail test cases, expected results and traced the test cases to the requirements using Mercury Quality Center (MQC).
- Performed Build Verification Testing, Positive and Negative data testing and Boundary testing.
- Performed Manual testing on different Modules of the Application by executing the Test Cases. Conducted Functional, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Performed regression testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Performed testing activities testing activities as per AUP (Agile software methodology)
- Attended review meetings and made sure the testing is done based on the QA master plan and the deadlines are met.
- Executed SQL queries for validating the data in database.
- Documented the modification requests and defects and their trailing history using Mantis.
Environment: IE, Java/J2EE, Oracle, XML, Quality Center, Unix/Linux, Scrum, Unix Scripting, Mantis, Quick Test Pro, and SQL.
- Reviewed and Analyzed Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and Business Requirement Document (BRD) and setup meetings to clarify discrepancies.
- Prepared Test Cases and prioritized them as per critical functionality that is affecting the project deliverable.
- Executed the Test Cases and evaluated their Pass or Fail criteria.
- Tracked failed Test Cases and reported Bugs in Mercury Test Director.
- Maintained and Updated Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Environment through Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Performed System, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Integrated Winrunner with Test Director and documented the test results.
- Executed SQL queries for back end testing for the verification of results retrieved with the expectations.
- Interacted with the developers and stakeholders to resolve technical issues.
- Submitted Test Status Reports about Test Coverage and Defect Summary to Project Management Team on weekly basis.
- Analyzed change requests attended change request meetings to document changes, track changes, prioritize changes, and manage changes and implemented procedures to test impact of changes.
- Identified requirement discrepancies and updated them to Business Analyst (BA).
- Participated in Walk Through, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Report Meetings periodically.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX Shell Script, SQL, Winrunner, .Net, ASP, TCL Scripts, Test Director, TSL Scripts, SQL Server, MS Office Suite
Confidential, South Portland, ME
Automation Test Engineer
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases for complete end-to-end system testing.
- Created manual test cases and test suites for different modules in Siebel Sales application.
- Automated regression test suite and performed smoke test using Quick Test Professional.
- Recorded and ran the automation scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Customized Scripts to in corporate GUI Check points, Data Driven testing using Data Tables, Output Values.
- Created Virtual Objects and mapped to the existing Siebel standard objects.
- Implemented Regular expressions and parameterized checkpoint properties.
- Handled unexpected errors at time of playback using Recovery Scenario wizards.
- Created manual test cases and test suites for different modules in Siebel application.
- Executed SQL queries for Back-end testing.
- Tested the conversion data into Siebel OLTP by running SQL scripts
- Status updates and reporting as agreed and reporting of test results and identified defects.
- Maintained Defects, Test Scripts, Requirements & management of test suites using Quality Center Tool.
- Managed and coordinated offshore team and was responsible for Delivery of the test scripts.
- Verified reports that were all custom in-house build out of the warehouse.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Unix Scripting, VB Script, Oracle SQL, Siebel testing, UNIX, C++, JAVA