- Over 6+ years of extensive experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual and Automation testing.
- Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, decision making and organization skills and an excellent team player.
- Proficient in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement/Use Case documents for creating test cases.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working on all the phases of SDLC.
- Experience in creating test data and end to end testing for POS devices/application.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect management life cycle all the way from executing test cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- Proficient in Manual testing using HP Mercury Quality Center (QC) and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Experience in using SoapUI, Advanced Rest Client, Postman to test Soap services and Rest API.
- Proficient in different forms of testing like Manual testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Non - functional testing.
- Extensively worked on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed and implemented automated scripts for testing web-based applications using C#, Java, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Nuget, NUnit, Junit, Specflow, and Selenium Web Driver.
- Extensively worked on BDD based framework using tools like Specflow, Cucumber, Java and C#.
- Extensive experience on POS Testing, involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment; testing and validating POS transaction in accordance with PCI-Compliance.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing
- Extensive experience of working on both web based and client server applications.
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Functional and Regression using Selenium WebDriver and C#.
Languages: C#, VBScript, SQL
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/9x/2000/XP/7, UNIX (SunOS, Linux)
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Requirement/Bug Tracking: Quality Center (QC), TFS, Test Manager, Jira
Automation Tools: HP QTP/UFT, Selenium WebDriver
Confidential, Seattle, WA
QA Automation Engineer
- Attended review meetings with Business Analysts, Developers and end users to understand and test according to their requirements
- Developed testcases, reviewed and Involved in Functionality, and Regression Testing.
- Involved in software acceptance testing and production release procedures throughout SDLC
- Documented the successful or unsuccessful completion of each test condition in the Test Director script repository and verified actual results against expected results for discrepancies
- Conducted system and integration testing, debugged the software errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Enhancing Scripts like scripting, customizing and then parameterized
- Have a complete working knowledge and have been involved in all project phases from startup through deployment. (Startup, defines, design, build, test, deploy).
- Responsible for entering bugs into an automated bug management system and performing regression tests after the bugs were fixed.
- Involved in Web services Automation Testing using SOAP UI.
- Maintained detailed test logs and report test results
- Participated in test plan and test cases review meetings.
- Worked closely with business experts and developers in order to perform duties
- Responsible for Backend testing (Manual) by executing SQL statements
- Interacted with developers for status of the bugs and re-tested the fixed Bugs
- Analyzed the defects and categorized them based on severity
- Problem reporting and tracking through the use of VSTS
- Close interaction with members of the development team
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI, Advanced Rest and Postman.
Environment: Oracle, C#, MS Office, VSTS, Agile Methodologies, Postman, Selenium WebDriver, C#, BDD, Specflow, NUnit, Advanced Rest
Confidential, Irving, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and tested each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated in writing multiple classes, reading/writing excel interface for Hybrid Framework to test cases for money transfer, open account, debit card, credit card, personal loan and auto loan application, Transaction verification etc.
- Status reporting and test updating in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Effectively involved in logging bugs, reviewed solved bugs and analyzed test result using MTM.
- Worked existing Selenium Automation Framework with C# .NET using Data Driven Testing and MS Test.
- Designed structured User Interface UI automated Test cases using Selenium Webdriver in C# .NET for web-based software products used to perform software testing.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End, Navigational and Regression tests during the execution phase.
- Extensively used C# and Gherkin language for Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Specflow.
- Used Fiddler to log HTTPS traffic and test web services.
- Delivered overall Test Summary reports using TFS and tracked, reviewed, analyzed compared tests.
- Used SVN tool for Source code management and also used Selenium Grid for parallel, Batch Test Execution.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Used Soap UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the SQL Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity
Environment: Windows, Team Foundation Server, SOAPUI, REST, Selenium WebDriver, SQL Server, Specflow, MTM, T-SQL, C# .NET, Fiddler, CSS, XML, MS Office, MS-Visio, Project, Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers, Selenium Grid
Confidential, Memphis, TN
QA Automation Engineer
- Created Test plans, managed team members, assigned tasks and conducted meetings.
- Follow Agile Methodology for all the phases of SDLC and interacted with Lead, Business Analyst, Developers and other QA Members during Daily Stand-Up Meeting.
- Actively involved in all stages of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Created and maintained test plan, test cases and automation test documents.
- Extensively automated Regression and Functional test suites by developing test cases and test suites using Selenium WebDriver in C#.
- Work on software Verification and Validation manually and use Assertions for automation.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach like SpecFlow.
- Created checkpoints and synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI, Advanced Rest and Postman.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Identified, developed and reviewed systematic procedure for each test cases after going through the documents provided.
- Involved in extensive data validation, back-end testing and querying the database using SQL queries.
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Effectively Communicated testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: SoapUI, Selenium WebDriver, C#, BDD, Specflow, Postman, NUnit, Advanced Rest, Windows, SQL Server, Agile, TFS
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
QA Analyst / Automation Engineer
- Involved in reviewing Business Requirement and Functional Specification Document and worked with business analyst to understand the business models and objectives to design and develop functional test cases.
- Involved in writing detailed Test Cases.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Performed Negative and Positive Testing manually.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with C# for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed Manual, GUI, Functional, Regression, and Smoke testing on the application and Role based testing for SharePoint.
- Performed manual testing as an ongoing process of the development life cycle using HP Quality Center.
- Participated in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) approach using Specflow.
- Performed QTP/UFT Data Driven Testing by parameterize data to verify application stability by using unique multiple transactions.
- Used SQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate test results.
- Update the test data and debug the scenario from End to End.
- Extreme Regression Testing was performed to ensure that the modifications and/or fixes did not result in any cascading errors.
- Attended regular Bug review meetings, weekly update meetings and walkthroughs. Communicated with Business Analysts and Developers to determine defects.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, C#, SoapUI, Postman, BDD, Specflow, MS SQL Server, HTML, ASP.NET, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional(QTP)
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Created Test Plan, with the help of requirement documents (Business, Function) and used it along Test Cases and Test Procedures to ensure the quality and reduce the risk of failure.
- Created detailed Test Cases and executed them manually and by automation.
- Analyzed multiple test scenarios for POS including tests to verify inventory, transactions, product sales, reports.
- Documented the Test Requirements and Test Plans using Test Director to track the stakeholders request for enhancements and changes. Additionally, created traceability matrix for the requirements.
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments, returns, reports etc. to make sure that the system met Rent-A-Center’s requirements and expectations.
- Tested POS application (point of sale), UI includes when merchandise is scanned, the description and retail of the merchandise should display on the screen.
- Created documentation for Verification of transactions at POS.
- Performed Credit card processing and/or EMV on POS system.
- Logged, assigned severity and tracked bugs using Quality Center.
- Automated the test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Tested the self-checkout stations were seamlessly integrated with the new POS system.
- Used SQL scripts to verify the integrity of the database particularly while validating the Session Store and Profile Store records.
- Attended periodic meetings with the development team and with the business analysts to provide feedback.
Environment: SQL, Quality Center, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse, MS SQL Server, MS Office, SharePoint
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Followed Agile methodology throughout the whole project.
- Executed and monitored software test plans on selected store systems.
- Executed a monitor testing automated Quality Assurance testing tools and devices.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver with Java and JUnit using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools like Quality Center (QC).
- Ensured that test was executed and completed in a reliable and consistent manner in accordance with the documentation plans.
- Accurately documented and reported on test results, including documentation on errors and/or problems all facts and issues related to the test process.
- Consulted with other QA analysts, specialists, managers and developers to clarify systems questions and specifications and testing issues.
- Performed Regression Testing after the software has changed or when the environment changed.
- Ensured the accuracy and integrity of the test being performed.
Environment: Agile, Quality Center, SQL, MS Office, Java, Selenium, Webdriver, Specflow, Jenkins, HTML.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Search API is the core of Homedepot.com site and it is the backbone of all Search End points.
- Involved in testing new semantic search algorithms to understand the context and intent of a user query to provide more precise and relevant recommendations and enable faceted search.
- Creating Automation scripts for the functional user stories and regression suite& responsible for daily Automation runs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option Created Test cases, Test suites using Cucumber-JVM, Selenium web driver.
- Used Jackson library for converting JSON to JAVA Object and JAVA Object to JSON using Object Mapper Consumed Home Depot and proprietary vendor API's to extract test data.
- Automating scenarios by writing Java glue code for Cucumber-JVM.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression and functional End-to-End Testing using In-House Java Framework on top of Selenium.
- Used Junit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report on daily basis.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using In-house Selenium framework.
- Involved in execution of testing Back End Search Engines, Managing features and scenarios, selecting test scenarios to run using Cucumber Tags Testing Restful web services and involved in core component layers xml validation, and service layer.
- Used IT Service Management (ITSM) and HP Service Management (HPSM) For handling incidents, service requests, alerts and escalations.
Environment: JSON, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Cucumber-JVM, ITSM, HPSM.