- Over 6+ Years of experience in Testing and Quality Assurance in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing Methods in Waterfall, Scrum - Agile and V-model Methodologies.
- Hands on Experience in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid to develop automation testing scripts for Client Server, Web applications.
- Good knowledge of automation of Web applications using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks viz. TestNg and JUnit.
- Experience in using Maven and POM to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI/POSTMAN, XML and WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML and get the required data from response XML and use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI/POSTMAN.
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automated testing using HP tools like JIRA and Selenium.
- Expertise in working with analysts, developers and testers during implementation of complex projects.
- Proficient in test strategy preparation, test plan development, test case creation, test execution and bug tracking.
- Proficiency in various kinds of testing like Functional, System Integration, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in different Testing methodologies like Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing Functional testing, Regression testing, Unit, Integration testing, GUI testing, System Testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Skilled in bug and defect reporting and tracking using HP ALM, Quality Center and JIRA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL, and analysis of relational database.
- Working experience of Agile/Scrum and waterfall development models as part of Quality assurance team in various projects.
- Experience in business consulting in manufacturing industry with excellent skills in client interfacing, requirement gathering, user support, quality assurance, problem solving and documentation.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Active team player with ability to multitask and flexible in adjusting as per demand.
Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, XML.
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server
Version Management: GIT, SVN, CVS
Automation Test Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, ANT, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Postman
Frameworks: TestNG, JUnit
Tools: Eclipse, Firebug, Fire Path
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows 2000/XP/Vista 07/Windows 8/MAC OS X
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, HP ALM
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared detailed Test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual testing.
- Requirements analysis, integration, and system testing of connect application.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Used TestNG Framework performed unit testing. Used Eclipse IDE executed and tested various functional modules in Java code using assertion.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method and Webservices testing.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests. Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Performed Functional testing, Regression testing, UI testing, and Integration testing of the application.
- Test case creation, review, and execution, generating reports and metrics.
- Worked effectively across geographically distributed teams in different time zones.
- Support for bug fixes and issues reported.
- Involved in design and execution of automation Scripts using Selenium Webdriver.
- Responsible for developing and executing test plans to ensure high quality software delivery.
- Assist the clients and maintain the client relationship.
- Performed end-to-end test automation for web services applications (Soap and Rest) using Postman.
- Performed Web-Services Testing using POSTMAN and generated XML Files for messaging.
- Responsible for capturing defects, creating defect report using HP ALM.
- Bug tracking and excel and xml for data for various requests.
- Perform data centric testing in MySQL server using SQL queries.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective).
- Assist with the proposal creation, requirements; pass the design requirements to the development team offshore, implementation and testing of the website.
- Coordinated with outsourced team and vendor relationships.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, GIT, Eclipse, HP ALM, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Test Automation Engineer
- Worked with both the Product Owner and sprint team to understand QA needs and transform user stories, workflow diagrams, functional requirements, and data sets into test scripts.
- Designed, implemented, improved and maintained automated tests for web-based solutions.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java/TestNG).
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Performed various testing activities like GUI testing, functional testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (Xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Review existing application functionality, product documentation, and manual test cases to create automated test scripts.
- Execute backend testing using database queries, scripts, and tools outside of the application UI.
- Managed test data, test environments and adoption of testing tools.
- Maintained subject matter expertise for the systems that are tested and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and Postman).
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using Postman.
- Documented defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, PostMan, Eclipse, GitHub, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, CSS, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Performed white box testing for all the modules including business service, controller and data service layer components.
- Implemented manual and automated testing methods to perform functional, load, Integration, and regression testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and executed various test scripts functional testing.
- Performed responsibilities of defect tracking and identifying requirements of manual testing.
- Handled the tasks of gathering business requirements of clients to develop standard applications and workflow procedures.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked actively with developers in expediting the code as against the specs and performing Unit Testing.
- Converted all Record and play back Selenese test cases into Selenium automated scripts.
- Assigned responsibilities of supporting senior oracle tester in designing test case and complex applications.
- Performed the tasks of troubleshooting issues at client site and gathered feedback on the service.
- Handled responsibilities of conducting functional testing of software functionality.
- Assigned the tasks of preparing evaluation reports and updated the same to the senior staff.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/GRID, JUnit, ANT, Manual Testing, UAT, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Updated existing end to end functional testing plan.
- Executed and implemented testing procedures and analyzed results.
- Ensured deliverables confirmed to customer requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Performed Manual/Automated tests via navigation and workflow of the application.
- Writing and reviewing test cases to validate the functionality of all the modules.
- Involved in the manual testing of the procedures and packages in Oracle.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by Writing SQL queries using Management Studio Tool.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports.
- Used bug tracking tools to track and test defects.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Director, Quality Center, SQL and Windows. s: Will be provided upon request.