- Accomplished IT service management professional, with comprehensive experience and hands - on skills in IT operations, technology architecture, recruiting, and change management.
- Skilled technically, adept at providing hands-on guidance in managing IT projects, building long-term productive relationships with management, team members and clients.
- Proactive and dynamic leader with keen attention to details and good interpersonal skills.
- Successfully developed few microsevices/APIs to read queue and get JSON file and have the file info loaded in database, fetched data from the DB was used for reporting purpose.
KEY STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
- Architectural Solutions Eagle STAR/PACE/Portal Reports and Exporters | Eagle Product Suite
- Relational Databases | SQL | Applications / Database Related Performance
- Microstrategy BI | Freeform SQL Reports | Ruby on Rails Developer
Databases: Postgress 9.1.4, Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g/11g (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers), MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005
Reporting Tools: Jasper Reports, Data Dynamics Active Reports, Crystal Report 4.5 and 6.0, VB Data Reports, MicroStrategy, Tableau
Languages/Utilities: Ruby on Rails, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripts, C, VB 6.0, VB.Net
Version Control: GIT, Harvest, Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe, CVS
Build Software: TeamCity
Automation Test Tool:: Cucumber
Messaging Queues: IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ
IDE Tool: Ruby Mine
Cloud Computing Web Service: Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service)
DB Tools: Toad, PLSQL Developer, SQL Developer
Operating Systems: UNIX (Sun Solaris ), Windows NT/98/95/2000 & Windows XP
Confidential, Boston, MA
Environment: Java / Oracle Rapid SQL
Tools: Used: HP ALM (Test Management Tool), RTC
- Preparation of the test strategy and guiding the team.
- Provided suitable guidance to Offshore team members with their daily tasks and conduct review sessions before presenting the results to Stakeholders.
- Reporting Project status to stakeholders on daily and weekly basis using robust metrics system
- Reviewing of the test cases/ test results delivered by the offshore team
- Test Cases Execution on the data is transforming correctly according to business requirements
- Verify that the projected data loaded into the data warehouse without any truncation & data loss
- Working with Cash Forecast, Summary Holding, Transactions, Bank Loan & OTC Reporting
- Worked in migrating existing Back Office/Middle Office clients from Legacy system to ESP data ware house
- Worked with General Ledger for various investment reports
- Worked with Transaction, Valuation and Positions Reporting
- Worked as a Test Lead in Scaled Agile Model
- Comparing before and after version using SQL queries for DataMart’s.
- Validating data using UNIX and macro’s
- Performance testing for the queries
- Worked on in-house data ware house which provides end to end data management services.
- Review business requirements; coordinate with business teams to validate the business requirements.
- Create high level business testing approach documents and joint test approach documents.
- User Acceptance Test implementation and review.
- Work with business teams to resolve defects using agile methodology
- Coordinating with other systems within the client organization to test an end to end process integration
Confidential, Westborough, MA
Vice President, Senior Specialist Developer
- Analyzed and understood the client requirement and work with offshore team to develop timelines for development.
- Documented the requirements in JIRA and include the same in suitable sprint based on criticality.
- For new development tasks, created detailed design diagram in Gliffy and document the same in Confluence and get the necessary approvals from architecture team.
- Strong team player, able to pair with offshore developers and conduct code reviews before merging the code in GIT repository.
- Directed development team efforts to achieve team and development goals, objective milestones.
- Actively involved in development, bug fixes and deploying the latest application changes on BNYM app engine non prod platforms (DEV, Test, QA).
- Coordinated with Business Analyst, QA team and Operation users for testing efforts and guide them with any possible challenges with fix.
- Followed the release management process and present the changes and get the necessary approvals before proceeding with PROD Deployment process.
- Analyzed and understand the client requirement and work with offshore team to develop timelines for development.
- Designed and documented the requirement and secure approval before development task.
- Involved in development task activity like advance report dll, portal reports, SQL queries/stored procedure and development of new exporters.
- Led planning and execution of project work plans, making ongoing revisions to meet changing needs.
- Coordinated and helped offshore team with various day-to-day development activities.
- Worked closely with BA, QA team and end users to address and help them with their queries and any issues.
- Worked closely with change release team to secure approval before Production releases.
- Actively support for addressing any urgent Production issues and thereby ensuring client SLA’s are met.
Confidential, Wellesley, MA
- Embedded SQL statements and Stored Procedure call directly using Microstrategy Freeform SQL editor.
- Created Attributes, Metrics, Filters and other report objects using Microstrategy Developer.
- Ran Integrity Manager to compare/analyze discrepancies at the data, SQL and Graph before project migrations and software upgrades.
- Cleaned up existing document and dashboards, optimizing performance.
- Analyzed and understood new Confidential statutory report requirement.
- Designed and coded new Insurance report related functionality.
- Created and modified report related stored procedure.
- Tested new Functionality/Reports developed on Web Server.
- Handled all reporting panel related requirement.
- Developed enhanced Gird Reports.
- Created and modified all active report dll’s.
- Backported all the report related components to different environments.
- Customized reports as per different client requirements.
- Significantly involved in performance tuning aspect of report queries or dll’s.
- Coordinated with offshore development team.
- Documented all changes going with each release.