- Over 5+ years of extensive experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual and Automation testing. Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, decision making and organization skills and an excellent team player.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working on all the phases of SDLC.
- Expertise in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement/Use Case documents for creating test cases.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect management life cycle all the way from executing test cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- Expertise in Manual testing using HP Mercury Quality Center (QC) and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Proficient in different forms of testing like Manual testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Non - functional testing.
- Worked extensively on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in testing web applications with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach.
- Used tools like Specflow and Cucumber with Selenium WebDriver to perform Behavior Driven Development (BDD) testing.
- Experience in creating test data and end to end testing for POS devices/application.
- Automation experience in Selenium using both JAVA and C#.
- Experience in using IDE like Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Extensive experience on POS self-checkout / POS QA Testing, involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment; testing and validating POS transaction in accordance with PCI-Compliance.
- Experience on working on XML and testing API using SOAPUI and Postman in SOA based applications.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing
- Extensive experience of working on both web based and client server applications.
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in testing web applications hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Extensively automated Regression and Functional test suites by developing test cases and test suites using Selenium WebDriver.
Languages: JAVA, C#, HTML/XHTML, XML, CSS, Angular JS
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, WebDriver Backed Selenium, Quality Center, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, SOAPUI
IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio, SQL Developer
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Xpather
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Other tools: SVN, SourceTree, BitBucket, GIT, TFS, TFVC
Confidential, Boise, ID
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developed test cases for various scenarios based upon requirements, designs and specifications.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings with the Team Lead and Developers and executed daily tasks based on the Agile Methodology.
- Developed and executed Test Suites and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Detected, Reported and Tracked bugs using Test manager.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Negative, Regression, System, Integration, End to End and Backend testing.
- Participated at requirements reviews, design reviews, test plan and test case review.
- Worked with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control, source-control, bug reporting and project documents.
- Participated in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) approach using NUnit, Gherkin and Specflow.
- Updated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using C# programming language.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name, Link Text locators to identify objects.
- Modified test plans in accordance with changing requirements.
- Created and executed SQL statements to verify the data in the backend.
- Utilized Test Manager for managing software testing process including planning tests, executing tests, defect tracking and reporting.
- Worked on software Verification and Validation manually and use Assertions for automation.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Tested web services using SOAPUI.
- Developed and executed SQL joins to validate the results in Web Services and Front end with Database.
- Handle High severity issues on priority.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Attended review, defect and go no-go meetings.
Environment: C#, Selenium WebDriver, SOAPUI, Specflow, NUnit, Jenkins, MS Test Manager, Visual Studio, TFS, .NET, SQL, MS Excel, MS Visio, Agile.
Confidential, Kansas City,
MO Automation Quality Analyst / SDET
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzed and reviewed Business and Functional Requirements documents and Use Case documents.
- Worked with Business Analysts and end users while developing test cases, test scenarios also while testing the application.
- Involved in design and development of keyword-driven automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings and involved in developing Test Plan, Test Cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in Jira.
- Contributed in regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems and risks.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and implemented automated scripts for testing web-based applications using Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Cucumber, and Selenium Web Driver.
- Built automation scripts using Data driven and NUnit Framework.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suite using Selenium WebDriver.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the data has been updated.
- Performed testing using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach using Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used SQL queries to perform Select, Update, Delete, Insert and Join statements.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity and also to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Used Soap UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Extensively worked on validating data loads during ETL process.
- Used Jira to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Used browser developer tools to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Attributes and Tags.
- Used SoapUI to test the API responses and validate the data in the UI.
- Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production
- Implemented test schedule, tracked defects and assigned them to developers based on their priority.
- Verified that the Software Quality Assurance Standards is met throughout all the phases of development.
Environment: AGILE, Jira, SQL, SQL Server, SOAPUI, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Java, Eclipse
Confidential, Fredericksburg, VA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager to analyze the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Prepared detailed manual and automated test scripts, test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts by understanding the business logic.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Worked in existing Selenium Automation Framework with Java using Data Driven Testing.
- Designed structured User Interface (UI) automated Test cases using Selenium WebDriver in Java for web-based software products used to perform software testing.
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java and executed it through Selenium WebDriver for Functional and Regression testing.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and TestNG/JUnit using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach like Cucumber with Gherkin.
- Created pom.xml in APACHE MAVEN and run the builds and integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Performed various types of testing, such as Functionality, Regression, GUI Interface, Integration System, User Acceptance, and End-to-End testing.
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using Developer Tools.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Wrote Data driven, Cross Browser automation test cases and executed them for Cross browser compatibility using Selenium Grid.
- Used Soapui to test and validate Web Services.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database(RDBMS) for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed modification requests and enhancement requests
- Involved in Sprint Demo meeting, Sprint Retrospective, Scrum and other team meetings.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually and prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Prepared Test Mapping sheet to keep track of the test cases are been automated.
- Used JIRA to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, and initiate change requests.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and test cases using JIRA.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Environment: JIRA, ORACLE, SOAPUI, Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Eclipse IDE, TestNG, MS Excel, HTML, XML