- Around 8 years of experience in Information Technology as a Senior QA Test Engineer in reviewing business requirements, documenting test cases/test plans and maintaining automation test scripts with Selenium Web driver using Python to support quality deliverables. Skilled in various programming and testing technologies like Selenium, Cucumber, BDD (Behavior Driven Development), API Testing, SOAPUI and current QA methodologies.
- Able to maintain the highest level of quality assurance best practices using QA Standards, and the company’s Software Development Life Cycle and Knowledge of SDLC, STLC and software development methodologies such as Waterfall model and Agile model.
- Maintained, updated, and executed Functional Testing scripts and scenarios to ensure that individual software modifications function as expected.
- Experienced in all levels of Testing such as Positive testing, Negative testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black box testing, Browser testing and Robot Framework.
- Expertise in creating Test cases, Test scripts, Test plan, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
- Involved in Writing, Updating and maintaining the Test documents for various stages of Testing for reference and auditing purpose
- Good experience in OOPs and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Packages, Collections.
- Experienced in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, Python, JUnit, Cucumber, Robot Framework, TestNG frame works.
- Executed Selenium test scripts on different browsers like Firefox, IE, Chrome & Safari and operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac and grouping the tests methods and running those methods parallel creating TestNG.XML files.
- Experienced in using Selenium and working knowledge of automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data driven, Keyword frameworks and Page Object Model (POM).
- Used Log4j to maintain Log files and debugging of automation scripts and web applications.
- Used Auto It tool for automation of window based components which is not possible by selenium.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validating data in the data table (Database testing).
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources in order to feed locators into the test script.
- Implemented test automation for handling Popup windows and Alerts using WebDriver and Alert interface class, Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events.
- Identified and measured severity, and document deficiencies in software functionality, and accurately reported deficiencies to programming agencies.
- Extensively used SoapUI and REST client for testing XML, SOAP, RESTful Web services.
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub and SVN to regression report generation.
- Experienced in BDD using Cucumber in Gherkin format by creating feature files, step - definitions and runner classes.
- Used Appium & Perfecto Mobile for Mobile testing.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Tracking Reports using Bug tracking Tools.
- Assist in User Acceptance testing when necessary and recommend certification of software changes for use by location users in the field once the software meets the business requirements.
- Suggested probable risk and risk mitigating strategies along with creative solutions to the management team.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Appium, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, REST & SOAP API, POSTMAN, Pytest.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, UCD, SVN, Stone Branch
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS, Json, Flask Restful
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQLAlchemy, SQLite
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Cloud Technologies: AWS (S3, EC2), Salesforce
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr. QA Automation Tester
- Responsible for creating and maintaining both Manual and Automated test suites for the entire project.
- Worked with Business Users and SME to design and implement the Test Plan.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT), System, Load and Black Box testing.
- Analyze requirements and user stories before the build, by collaborating with product owners, and business analysts.
- Involved in Scrum agile methodology testing.
- Actively participate in Sprint planning to provide sizing for the testing stories of the sprint.
- Responsible for creating test scenarios for user stories and creating automation test suites using Python, Selenium Webdriver, Pytest framework.
- Extensively used Page Objects Design (POD) and page navigation framework for readable test scripts and easy maintenance from developer perspectives and responsible for creating automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven to test web application.
- Thorough understanding of POM using Page Factory.
- Responsible for executing the test cases, analyzing test failures and report issues, and defects through JIRA, Rally.
- Maintained the Regression test suite which should be run before every release, report any regression defects and get them fixed before the release using Robot Framework.
- Analyzed and tested data on different Case and Membership functionality manually and wrote queries on database for validating data.
- Executed various SQL queries to validate data and use for data driven testing using ORACLE SQL.
- Creating Regression test sets for various test projects and updating the test set after each test cycle Robot Framework.
- Used Postman for testing APIs, by sending requests to the web server and validating XML and 9JSON responses.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins for running tests on regular basis automatically.
- Automated highly transactional web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool SOAP UI, for local WSDL with URL and created Test cases for load testing.
- Responsible for back-end API testing with SOAP UI.
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, SOAP, and XPath assertions using SOAP UI.
Environment: Python, Selenium, Oracle, SQL, Docker, Postman, REST API and SOAP services, JSON, Java Script, Atlassian JIRA, Electric Cloud Rally, Jenkins, Pytest, Github, Amazon Web Services, Unix, Cent OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Agile, Allure, Splunk.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG and Robot Framework.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using Firebug and FirePath Firefox plugins.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Eclipse and Robot Framework.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API. Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverable.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Firebug, Fire path, XML, XPATH, DOM, Quality Center, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins.
Test Automation Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Created various documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Schedules document, Defect Management Workflow Diagram, Test Case, Test Script, and User Manual Document.
- Served as a liaison between business, application team and technical team.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) project methodology .
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with Python and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing. create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing from business requirements to match the project’s initiatives.
- Used Keyword driven, Page Object Model, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Performed ETL testing and precise documentation.
- Performed testing of schemas in different environments like staging and ODS.
- Helped Automation engineers in writing the code and solved technical issues.
- Experience in parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver .
- Perform Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE.
- Test the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI .
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation Tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Served as functional SME for DB2 migration project providing recommendations for improvement and technical expertise alongside project life cycle resulting in the delivery of projects on time.
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as taking a Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, by with different Locators (Xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Documented the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to relevant developer
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications
- Responsible for Black Box Testing of the application
- Checked the client side and server side validations. Tested the functionality of the application
- Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Conducted the System, Integration and Regression of the web application
- Prepared test scenarios and executed to validate the Tables, fields, texts and images in the Application
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database
- Involved in daily status calls and reporting
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution; update management on testing results, activities and planning using QC
Environment: HP Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows XP, Microsoft office, Test Plan, Functional testing